Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darius Slay's struggles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Janoris Jenkins sure looks great right out the gate. I know we're counting on Broyles to play a big role in our offense coming up, but what I would've given to trade up for Jenkins in last year's draft.
Don't need to post the stats, I concede. He's been horrible in coverage, allowing 16 receptions on 24 targets for 194 yards, 2 TD's, and a passer rating of 119.1.

Be sure to consult PFF before speaking your mind.
I'm not afraid to correct inaccuracies I've stated, or admit when I'm wrong. You are, but you think everyone else are the problem. That's gotta make for some kind of a lonely and frustrating existence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25782
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Janoris Jenkins sure looks great right out the gate. I know we're counting on Broyles to play a big role in our offense coming up, but what I would've given to trade up for Jenkins in last year's draft.
Don't need to post the stats, I concede. He's been horrible in coverage, allowing 16 receptions on 24 targets for 194 yards, 2 TD's, and a passer rating of 119.1.

Be sure to consult PFF before speaking your mind.
I'm not afraid to correct inaccuracies I've stated, or admit when I'm wrong. You are, but you think everyone else are the problem. That's gotta make for some kind of a lonely and frustrating existence.

It's so funny, though: you gave your opinion, then conceded immediately when context-void stats were brought into the conversation. Lets ignore the fact that he faced Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones and Dez Bryant over the first three weeks of the season. Yep, lets ignore context and resort to our favorite crutch: stats. You pay good money for your opinion, so I don't blame you. It's just... it's painful to watch now.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ManeLine


Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 4876
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was he facing those 3 guys or was Finnegan?
_________________

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Janoris Jenkins sure looks great right out the gate. I know we're counting on Broyles to play a big role in our offense coming up, but what I would've given to trade up for Jenkins in last year's draft.
Don't need to post the stats, I concede. He's been horrible in coverage, allowing 16 receptions on 24 targets for 194 yards, 2 TD's, and a passer rating of 119.1.

Be sure to consult PFF before speaking your mind.
I'm not afraid to correct inaccuracies I've stated, or admit when I'm wrong. You are, but you think everyone else are the problem. That's gotta make for some kind of a lonely and frustrating existence.

It's so funny, though: you gave your opinion, then conceded immediately when context-void stats were brought into the conversation. Lets ignore the fact that he faced Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones and Dez Bryant over the first three weeks of the season. Yep, lets ignore context and resort to our favorite crutch: stats. You pay good money for your opinion, so I don't blame you. It's just... it's painful to watch now.
He gave up 2 receptions, 16 yards to Fitzgerald.

He was torched by Julio for 5 receptions and 110 yards, but 81 on a single play.

Didn't play a snap against Dez.

So with this context, now who looks like the fool? By my count, there's still 9 receptions and around 80 yards still unaccounted for. So you can quit acting like you're the context know all. You don't know ish but what you read or see on highlights, no different than anyone else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25782
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Janoris Jenkins sure looks great right out the gate. I know we're counting on Broyles to play a big role in our offense coming up, but what I would've given to trade up for Jenkins in last year's draft.
Don't need to post the stats, I concede. He's been horrible in coverage, allowing 16 receptions on 24 targets for 194 yards, 2 TD's, and a passer rating of 119.1.

Be sure to consult PFF before speaking your mind.
I'm not afraid to correct inaccuracies I've stated, or admit when I'm wrong. You are, but you think everyone else are the problem. That's gotta make for some kind of a lonely and frustrating existence.

It's so funny, though: you gave your opinion, then conceded immediately when context-void stats were brought into the conversation. Lets ignore the fact that he faced Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones and Dez Bryant over the first three weeks of the season. Yep, lets ignore context and resort to our favorite crutch: stats. You pay good money for your opinion, so I don't blame you. It's just... it's painful to watch now.
He gave up 2 receptions, 16 yards to Fitzgerald.

He was torched by Julio for 5 receptions and 110 yards, but 81 on a single play.

Didn't play a snap against Dez.

So with this context, now who looks like the fool? By my count, there's still 9 receptions and around 80 yards still unaccounted for. So you can quit acting like you're the context know all. You don't know ish but what you read or see on highlights, no different than anyone else.

Wait, what? He was torched by Julio, and allowed two receptions to Fitzgerald. Almost 1/2 of his yards allowed were off of one play to an elite WR. (Not to mention: terrible safety play, including on this play, has worked against him.)

He actually did play snaps against Dez, which is a fact, so please do some research and stop being wrong.

The best part of all of this: you gave your opinion, then backtracked immediately when stats were brought up. It just shows that you really didn't know, then gave up immediately. You didn't bother to consider that Julio (and terrible safety play) was a culprit, nor that he faced Fitzgerald and Dez. Nope. Just wrote him off because stats told you to.

It's becoming the norm. It's a shame, but you're entitled to view things this way.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8417
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
The best part of all of this: you gave your opinion, then backtracked immediately when stats were brought up. It just shows that you really didn't know, then gave up immediately.


This is how normal grown ups behave. When they know they are wrong, they admit it and try to move on. Rolling Eyes
_________________
George Carlin wrote:
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25782
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
The best part of all of this: you gave your opinion, then backtracked immediately when stats were brought up. It just shows that you really didn't know, then gave up immediately.


This is how normal grown ups behave. When they know they are wrong, they admit it and try to move on. Rolling Eyes

Oh. I guess this is the issue, then: stats alone don't necessarily prove someone wrong. Context is vital.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35387
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
This is how normal grown ups behave. When they know they are wrong, they admit it and try to move on. Rolling Eyes

So I wonder what this qualifies as then;
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Oh. I guess this is the issue, then: stats alone don't necessarily prove someone wrong. Context is vital.


JJ to me, regardless of everything else, Has looked pretty rusty out there so far this year.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19276
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could care less who he has faced. He hasn't played well in general. His job is to cover good WRs, this is the NFL. He has struggled, and sure there may be other reasons, but he has looked bad this year, and not just against the elite WRs. His weaknesses are being exploited, by just about every one. If people are making claims they wanted him here and we should have traded up, he needs to be locking people down, even the good WRs. He is also doing this with a great D Line and LB core. So it's not like he is on a bad defense.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25782
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I could care less who he has faced. He hasn't played well in general. His job is to cover good WRs, this is the NFL. He has struggled, and sure there may be other reasons, but he has looked bad this year, and not just against the elite WRs. His weaknesses are being exploited, by just about every one. If people are making claims they wanted him here and we should have traded up, he needs to be locking people down, even the good WRs. He is also doing this with a great D Line and LB core. So it's not like he is on a bad defense.

The level of competition isn't extremely relevant? I disagree.

That, and the safety play in StL has been poor, which directly impacts his position.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackandBlue


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 2065
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I could care less who he has faced. He hasn't played well in general. His job is to cover good WRs, this is the NFL. He has struggled, and sure there may be other reasons, but he has looked bad this year, and not just against the elite WRs. His weaknesses are being exploited, by just about every one. If people are making claims they wanted him here and we should have traded up, he needs to be locking people down, even the good WRs. He is also doing this with a great D Line and LB core. So it's not like he is on a bad defense.


The defensive line and LB corps have not been playing well. They were abused by Dallas and the 9ers.
_________________
detfan782004 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:

So Mark Sanchez was a better player last season than Russel Wilson?

Depends on what you are looking for. Breaking down defenses I would take Sanchez no doubt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like teams love to pick on the kid. He starts out well, then goes flat and that's why Schwartz replaces him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 25060
Location: ESPN is the Fox News of sports...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs to play the ball. His coverage is fine, but he needs to prevent WR's from making catches over him.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19276
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
He needs to play the ball. His coverage is fine, but he needs to prevent WR's from making catches over him.


Yup. He was solid today, but they made some great catches on him. I am pretty sure our staff doesn't coach people to turn their heads around and locate the ball.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 8335
Location: Detroit, MI
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
He needs to play the ball. His coverage is fine, but he needs to prevent WR's from making catches over him.


That's how Gunther plays our DBs though. All of them do it and it bugs the **** out of me. Mad
_________________
2014 ADOPT-A-LION: REGGIE BUSH

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group