Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darius Slay's struggles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Janoris Jenkins sure looks great right out the gate. I know we're counting on Broyles to play a big role in our offense coming up, but what I would've given to trade up for Jenkins in last year's draft.
Don't need to post the stats, I concede. He's been horrible in coverage, allowing 16 receptions on 24 targets for 194 yards, 2 TD's, and a passer rating of 119.1.

Be sure to consult PFF before speaking your mind.
I'm not afraid to correct inaccuracies I've stated, or admit when I'm wrong. You are, but you think everyone else are the problem. That's gotta make for some kind of a lonely and frustrating existence.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Janoris Jenkins sure looks great right out the gate. I know we're counting on Broyles to play a big role in our offense coming up, but what I would've given to trade up for Jenkins in last year's draft.
Don't need to post the stats, I concede. He's been horrible in coverage, allowing 16 receptions on 24 targets for 194 yards, 2 TD's, and a passer rating of 119.1.

I'm not afraid to correct inaccuracies I've stated, or admit when I'm wrong. You are, but you think everyone else are the problem. That's gotta make for some kind of a lonely and frustrating existence.

It's so funny, though: you gave your opinion, then conceded immediately when context-void stats were brought into the conversation. Lets ignore the fact that he faced Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones and Dez Bryant over the first three weeks of the season. Yep, lets ignore context and resort to our favorite crutch: stats. You pay good money for your opinion, so I don't blame you. It's just... it's painful to watch now.

Team Stylish
ManeLine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was he facing those 3 guys or was Finnegan?

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

It's so funny, though: you gave your opinion, then conceded immediately when context-void stats were brought into the conversation. Lets ignore the fact that he faced Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones and Dez Bryant over the first three weeks of the season. Yep, lets ignore context and resort to our favorite crutch: stats. You pay good money for your opinion, so I don't blame you. It's just... it's painful to watch now.
He gave up 2 receptions, 16 yards to Fitzgerald.

He was torched by Julio for 5 receptions and 110 yards, but 81 on a single play.

Didn't play a snap against Dez.

So with this context, now who looks like the fool? By my count, there's still 9 receptions and around 80 yards still unaccounted for. So you can quit acting like you're the context know all. You don't know ish but what you read or see on highlights, no different than anyone else.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

He gave up 2 receptions, 16 yards to Fitzgerald.

He was torched by Julio for 5 receptions and 110 yards, but 81 on a single play.

Didn't play a snap against Dez.

So with this context, now who looks like the fool? By my count, there's still 9 receptions and around 80 yards still unaccounted for. So you can quit acting like you're the context know all. You don't know ish but what you read or see on highlights, no different than anyone else.

Wait, what? He was torched by Julio, and allowed two receptions to Fitzgerald. Almost 1/2 of his yards allowed were off of one play to an elite WR. (Not to mention: terrible safety play, including on this play, has worked against him.)

He actually did play snaps against Dez, which is a fact, so please do some research and stop being wrong.

The best part of all of this: you gave your opinion, then backtracked immediately when stats were brought up. It just shows that you really didn't know, then gave up immediately. You didn't bother to consider that Julio (and terrible safety play) was a culprit, nor that he faced Fitzgerald and Dez. Nope. Just wrote him off because stats told you to.

It's becoming the norm. It's a shame, but you're entitled to view things this way.

Team Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
The best part of all of this: you gave your opinion, then backtracked immediately when stats were brought up. It just shows that you really didn't know, then gave up immediately.

This is how normal grown ups behave. When they know they are wrong, they admit it and try to move on. Rolling Eyes

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
The best part of all of this: you gave your opinion, then backtracked immediately when stats were brought up. It just shows that you really didn't know, then gave up immediately.

This is how normal grown ups behave. When they know they are wrong, they admit it and try to move on. Rolling Eyes

Oh. I guess this is the issue, then: stats alone don't necessarily prove someone wrong. Context is vital.

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:

So I wonder what this qualifies as then;
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Oh. I guess this is the issue, then: stats alone don't necessarily prove someone wrong. Context is vital.

JJ to me, regardless of everything else, Has looked pretty rusty out there so far this year.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could care less who he has faced. He hasn't played well in general. His job is to cover good WRs, this is the NFL. He has struggled, and sure there may be other reasons, but he has looked bad this year, and not just against the elite WRs. His weaknesses are being exploited, by just about every one. If people are making claims they wanted him here and we should have traded up, he needs to be locking people down, even the good WRs. He is also doing this with a great D Line and LB core. So it's not like he is on a bad defense.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I could care less who he has faced. He hasn't played well in general. His job is to cover good WRs, this is the NFL. He has struggled, and sure there may be other reasons, but he has looked bad this year, and not just against the elite WRs. His weaknesses are being exploited, by just about every one. If people are making claims they wanted him here and we should have traded up, he needs to be locking people down, even the good WRs. He is also doing this with a great D Line and LB core. So it's not like he is on a bad defense.

The level of competition isn't extremely relevant? I disagree.

That, and the safety play in StL has been poor, which directly impacts his position.

Team Stylish
BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:

The defensive line and LB corps have not been playing well. They were abused by Dallas and the 9ers.

So Mark Sanchez was a better player last season than Russel Wilson?

Depends on what you are looking for. Breaking down defenses I would take Sanchez no doubt.
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like teams love to pick on the kid. He starts out well, then goes flat and that's why Schwartz replaces him.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs to play the ball. His coverage is fine, but he needs to prevent WR's from making catches over him.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
He needs to play the ball. His coverage is fine, but he needs to prevent WR's from making catches over him.

Yup. He was solid today, but they made some great catches on him. I am pretty sure our staff doesn't coach people to turn their heads around and locate the ball.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

That's how Gunther plays our DBs though. All of them do it and it bugs the **** out of me. Mad

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: