Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Running Backs...again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bMiller031

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Running Backs...again Reply with quote

After a flurry of effective running this monday, our running back situation becomes increasingly uncertain for the future. Who will be the back getting the most carries at the end of the season? Beginning of next season? In five seasons? thoughts?
germ-x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still hold by my stance that Montee Ball and Ronnie Hillman need to be getting the majority of the touches with Moreno maybe getting 5 or so a game.

Both are more talented players than Moreno and more dangerous with the football in their hands.

I'm not saying it has to happen right now, but hopefully they continue getting the experience and becoming more effective blocking and what not at the position. Aside from the fumbling issues the 2 have went through, i think Denver trusts Moreno more in and out of the backfield in passing situations which is why he is the one getting the reps.
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hillman will get more and more snaps as the season progresses. He is a huge playmaker in the run and pass game and is an improved pass blocker. I don't think Moreno will ever completely sit out a game unless he is injured. Moreno is just too good of a pass protector to not play. The issue is that Moreno kind of sucks at running. Moreno is really like a fullback if you think about it.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because of one good running game, I dont expect things to change, the type of change most of you want. The only change will likely be Hillman getting 2nd reps instead of Ball because of his fumble.

Knowshon is still going to start. He is the best pass protector they have. Hillman and Ball are fighting for the spell back role. Of course, things will change with injury.

I'm not even going to get into 5 years from now. Did anyone think 5 years ago, Peyton Manning would be a Bronco? Its still to project more than 1 year

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Just because of one good running game, I dont expect things to change, the type of change most of you want. The only change will likely be Hillman getting 2nd reps instead of Ball because of his fumble.

Knowshon is still going to start. He is the best pass protector they have. Hillman and Ball are fighting for the spell back role. Of course, things will change with injury.

I'm not even going to get into 5 years from now. Did anyone think 5 years ago, Peyton Manning would be a Bronco? Its still to project more than 1 year

Like i said, i don't think the change will be immediate, but if Ball/Hillman begin to progress in the passing game they will start taking reps away from Moreno. Both are better talents, more explosive, and in Ball's case more powerful with the football in their hands. Both also have much better vision than Moreno.

I like Knowshon Moreno, always have i love the fact that he plays his heart out, but he isn't very talented. I fully understand why he is getting more snaps than the other 2, but while this offense is scary already, it could be even more so if Ball/Hillman can pick up some of the nuances and take Moreno's snaps away.
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked what I saw from Hillman. He is taking more of what is given to him instead of taking it outside every time. Plus, he seemed to always be falling forward.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ Anderson is listed as "full participation" for practice this week so his knee is getting better.

I doubt he will be active for the Eagles game but he might be ready for games in October.

Once CJ is back, he will get a few carries per game to see if he is back to his level from pre-season games.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Like i said, i don't think the change will be immediate, but if Ball/Hillman begin to progress in the passing game they will start taking reps away from Moreno. Both are better talents, more explosive, and in Ball's case more powerful with the football in their hands. Both also have much better vision than Moreno.

I like Knowshon Moreno, always have i love the fact that he plays his heart out, but he isn't very talented. I fully understand why he is getting more snaps than the other 2, but while this offense is scary already, it could be even more so if Ball/Hillman can pick up some of the nuances and take Moreno's snaps away.

I dont disagree with you. Hillman and Ball are far more talented than Moreno. Anyone arguing that is just plain stupid or ignorant.

Unfortunately though, neither one of them knows how to pass protect. And because Ryan Clady is out for the year, I dont expect Knowshon to lose any playing time unless hes hurt. He will start and get most of the snaps. One of either Hillman/Ball will spell him until they fumble again, and then switch places.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

I dont disagree with you. Hillman and Ball are far more talented than Moreno. Anyone arguing that is just plain stupid or ignorant.

Unfortunately though, neither one of them knows how to pass protect. And because Ryan Clady is out for the year, I dont expect Knowshon to lose any playing time unless hes hurt. He will start and get most of the snaps. One of either Hillman/Ball will spell him until they fumble again, and then switch places.

Hillman knows how to pass block somewhat, he isn't as good as Moreno at it, but he isn't as bad as Ball as it either. Hillman is the only RB that can challenge Moreno for having the most snaps at RB. I think Hillman will eventually get the starting spot but at the same time I don't expect Moreno to ever be the 3rd string back or be suited up in a game where he doesn't take the field.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
The.underdog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowshon is just running so hard right now. He is grinding, trying to get every yard. You can just see him playing with a huge chip on his shoulder. IMHO you ride Knowshon and sprinkle in Ronnie and Monte.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: