Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis 2014?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jg6041

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
The man whine and moaned for 16 million a year. He now gets the money and he is still whining and complaining. I love Revis as an NFL player but the guy has some issues!!!

To be fair he denies complaining. The story is his is prob from the same "unnamed sources" the NY writers like to use.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
imaiden6669

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i rele dont feel a CB or defense in general is going to be a need or where we should allocate funds next year weve shown that an emphasis on the pass rush and maybe with better safties next year we can be a dominant defense

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An un-named source (my imagination) told me Revis is complaining. He isn't playing man he now wants 17M per year to play zone because he doesn't like it.
Please remember, I confirmed this un-named source personally...
kilahchris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
An un-named source (my imagination) told me Revis is complaining. He isn't playing man he now wants 17M per year to play zone because he doesn't like it.
Please remember, I confirmed this un-named source personally...

The source may be unnamed but the story does not suprise me. Tampa will not win more than 4 games this year. I cant see a player of Revis's caliber staying quiet for long.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved him while he was here but his demands were outrageous. I wish him luck cause he was a great Jet but we moved on and so far Richardson has been nothing short of great for a rookie.
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To give up a first and third, hand him an unprecedented contract, and then not utilize him in a way that changes games when the Jets themselves have already set that blueprint is nobody's fault but Tampa's.

Revis is learning the hard way you can't get what you want in every single facet and you've got to choose what's most important to you. Rarely in the NFL is there a perfect combination for a defensive player where they can get paid all the money they want, play in a scheme that builds a defense around them and also play for a contender.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the player I did not miss we traded.

I loved him almost got the Jersey but now its like he is a spoiled kid who got everything on his christmas list only to turn around and not like any of it.

I am glad Tampa is a train wreck.
xenajets

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me feel so much better trading him after hearing him say stuff like that......

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/darrelle-revis-tampa-contract-new-york-jets/

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
Makes me feel so much better trading him after hearing him say stuff like that......

Our front 7 is really making it a lot easier to cope without him. I'm all for a player getting his money while he can but he wanted to handcuff the team, we look like we are coming out of this situation quite nicely. If we wiffed on Richardson then we'd be up in arms. It looks like that selection alone will make up for Revis then on top of that we get a very high 3rd round pick.
walsdrjets

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:

I used to think that Revis was on a hall of fame pace. Now I know what seperates him from the Woodsons, Polamalus and Reeds is that they led their teams and made their teamates better. Frankly, Im glad he is happy to be paid 16M to have his talents wasted on a terrible team.
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walsdrjets wrote:
xenajets wrote:

I used to think that Revis was on a hall of fame pace. Now I know what seperates him from the Woodsons, Polamalus and Reeds is that they led their teams and made their teamates better. Frankly, Im glad he is happy to be paid 16M to have his talents wasted on a terrible team.

smh....... the most overused cliche in sports in "made their teammates better"
walsdrjets

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
walsdrjets wrote:
xenajets wrote:

smh....... the most overused cliche in sports in "made their teammates better"

The joke is on you. Overused cliche is an oximoron
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walsdrjets wrote:
xenajets wrote:

He will most likely be in the hall of fame. He is easily the best corner since prime time and even then they had 2 different styles of play, Revis removes an entire player from the field. The fact that Aso was even mentioned in the same breath as Revis is a joke. The worst part about Revis is his contract demands, by all reports he was a great teammate.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He truly is a very selfish player and absolutely values money over winning.

Tampas new GM is going to tell him to take less money or kick rocks.
walsdrjets

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
walsdrjets wrote:
xenajets wrote:

He will most likely be in the hall of fame. He is easily the best corner since prime time and even then they had 2 different styles of play, Revis removes an entire player from the field. The fact that Aso was even mentioned in the same breath as Revis is a joke. The worst part about Revis is his contract demands, by all reports he was a great teammate.

I agree but think that over the past two years he has lost so much respect league wide. How many times did you see someone say guys like Sherman and Haden were better. Those guys are obviously not Hall worthy yet. I would have argued until I dropped dead that Revis was best in the league when he was with us. But he wont make it to the Hall just because of this lost respect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: