Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis 2014?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikejets22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Revis 2014? Reply with quote

Just a thought here, but how is this scenario:

Thus far, the Revis and Bucs experiment hasn't panned out and the team is looking down.

It's early, so that's not to say they won't figure out how to properly use 24. But if they don't, and they bomb the season would they consider using that $16 million in another fashion next season? None of his $ is guaranteed, so they could easily decide he isn't a fit for the defense and go in another direction.

Benefits for TB: Save $16 million, and the 3rd rounder you owe the Jets becomes a 4th rounder.

Negatives for TB: Wasted a 1st rounder and $16 mil. They might not let him go on pride alone.

Now, if they do decide to part ways with Revis after this season, I can't see the market for him being close to 16 mill/per. Probably closer to the 11-13 range, IMO. He'll be nearly 30 years old and 2 years removed from his dominant man-coverage days, with an ACL injury thrown in.

However unlikely, you'd have to imagine there would be interest from the Jets. We do have money to spend next offseason.

Jeeze, the divorce between Woody and Revis may not have been pretty, but a reunion would be beautiful. Imagine Revis shutting down half the field with our dline a year more mature.

Too good to be true and a lot of what-ifs...but man...what if...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While pretty much any scenario where the best CB in the NFL is on our team is awesome, I really don't think we need Revis. Our CB depth is pretty good despite struggles from Milliner and Wilson. The good thing is Milliner should improve as the year goes on though. But for what Revis wants, it's just not worth it. Locking up pieces of our front 7 and improving our offense should be our main offseason goals.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
mikejets22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
While pretty much any scenario where the best CB in the NFL is on our team is awesome, I really don't think we need Revis. Our CB depth is pretty good despite struggles from Milliner and Wilson. The good thing is Milliner should improve as the year goes on though. But for what Revis wants, it's just not worth it. Locking up pieces of our front 7 and improving our offense should be our main offseason goals.

Very true. None of our CBs can hold Revis' jock though. Our priorities should be elsewhere next offseason..but if he's out there and his asking price has come down. You have to think he misses Rex's defense. Be a hard thing to say no to.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way too early to say Revis and TB have not worked out.

It has only been three games and they should have won at least one of them.

He is too costly. For TB he filled a glaring need it was a good trade for both teams. He and TB will be fine their D is not the problem.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
Volkert314

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if TB actually uses him more in man then they should be fine. Problem is they have the best shutdown corner in the league.. playing zone, not exactly the best way to use Revis.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volkert314 wrote:
if TB actually uses him more in man then they should be fine. Problem is they have the best shutdown corner in the league.. playing zone, not exactly the best way to use Revis.

This.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
JMG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see it if it were 2015.

[]_[] Family
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most unlikely part of this scenario is Revis' price ever coming down. He really likes getting paid.
jg6041

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJerseypaint wrote:
The most unlikely part of this scenario is Revis' price ever coming down. He really likes getting paid.

He deserves to get paid. He forces teams to change their game plan.
Where we are now he is more of a luxury, for TB he is a need.
Revis is a great player who deserves to be paid like one.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if he comes back crawling to us then we gotta take him, idc how anyone feels he was born to play in Rex's Defense and if he takes a team friendly deal but still gets paid I dont see the issue

however all of this is unlikely unless Tampa Bay gets a whole new front office then he's as good as gone or will re-work his deal so he's not killing their cap for 16M

besides Revis' agents and Woody do not mix

one side is greedy and the other thinks he knows what the hell he's doing

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know Bucs that well but if Bucs have been using zone coverage then why the hell did Revis accept the deal with Bucs in the first place?

Bucs may use zone coverage to start the season to ease Revis in. The defense may switch to man coverage once Revis is absolutely 100 percent to play a full game.
glenearl18

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:

How is our CB depth good? We have 1 good CB. Wilson is a bust and Milliner is awful even for a rookie. That dude Walls has probably been our best number 2 which is insane.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis got what he deserved. We paid him and he was on center stage to showcase his skills in a huge market.

Think of all the $ he will lose now in endorsements. Not to mention the games will start to get blacked-out in TAMPA.

I loved him and thought he was a wonderful talent but similar to his Uncle Sean Gilbert he was all about the $ and has zero loyalty to his team.

I hope he is never heard from again and honesty I know he probably realizes his mistake now forcing the Jets hand.

I am loyal as a dog to my bosses and to my friends. Dude was making 12mm a year and felt insulted, really.???

Thank the Rex and the Jets for helping make you the player you were are. They maximized your talents now going to Tampa has made you a forgotten talent.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

How is our CB depth good? We have 1 good CB. Wilson is a bust and Milliner is awful even for a rookie. That dude Walls has probably been our best number 2 which is insane.

Walls being able to start for us is a pretty good indictment of how our group of CBs, while young, are pretty good. Cro is the only star, but so far our other guys have held their own. Wilson, despite his penalties and other dumb moves, is solid as a NB. Milliner isn't a bust, he missed a lot of camp and was also injured in the offseason but he will get better. He has a great pedigree and a lot of his mistakes are ones most rookie CBs go through. We can't expect him to be Revis in Year 1 or even Year 2 or Year 3, it's very rare for a CB to be as good as Revis was. Trufant and Lankster also round out the group and give us solid depth there. I wouldn't say CB is a position of strength on our team, but it's certainly a lot better than some other teams.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
kilahchris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man whine and moaned for 16 million a year. He now gets the money and he is still whining and complaining. I love Revis as an NFL player but the guy has some issues!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: