Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Seattle Trade Block
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirensong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be really intrested to know what it would take to get Bowe out of KC.

Or Josh Gordon for that matter. He would fit really nicely in this core.

What are the $$$ for Rice when it comes to cutting him? Would we be eating dead money?
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rice's salary is basically paid already since he's in the last year of his deal.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Rice's salary is basically paid already since he's in the last year of his deal.

he's not....

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS and I had a brief discussion on rice's trade value.

What do you guys thing we can get for Sidney? Is he even worth trading?

Value is probably a 6th. Rather keep him and release/restructure next year. He does add an element to our receiving corps that the others don't. All of our other receivers are too similar.

really? I would say height is the only similarity between the 4

Baldwin-Possession WR with great hands, great IQ, and good Route running
Tate-Playmaking WR with great YAC ability, above average hands, high vertical and solid speed
Kearse-Deep threat with solid speed and hands
Harvin-Pure playmaker with Elite Speed, Elite YAC ability, average hands, below average route running

I don't know about Tate having above average hands he will make spectacular catches but he also has the dropsies he had two on Sunday.

I am not really a stat guy though so i am sure someone will proof me wrong lol.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
imani wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
imani wrote:

Value is probably a 6th. Rather keep him and release/restructure next year. He does add an element to our receiving corps that the others don't. All of our other receivers are too similar.

Tate-Playmaking WR with great YAC ability, above average hands, high vertical and solid speed
Harvin-Pure playmaker with Elite Speed, Elite YAC ability, average hands, below average route running

I don't know about Tate having above average hands he will make spectacular catches but he also has the dropsies he had two on Sunday.

I am not really a stat guy though so i am sure someone will proof me wrong lol.

has been top 10 in catch ratio the 2 seasons prior to this one......

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:

he's not....

Right you are sir - I guess it's been such a foregone conclusion that he won't be a Seahawk next year that I just assumed.... Looks like the cap hit would be significant but not prohibitive. The real problem to a trade would be finding a team willing to take over that contract. He'll likely be cut
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
imani wrote:

Let's put it this way.

None of them are the big bodied possession receiver Rice is and even though Rice has sucked, none of them have the size to get that ball Rice tip-toed in on Sunday either.

With all that said, I'd want Rice to be playing at somewhere around 2.5M a year with how he's playing.

Obviously, but as you said, that can be had for much less. We've gone without a big possession receiver for over a decade in seattle (unless you want to count Williams or Jurevicious), it's not a huge need in a west coast offense.
D-Jax was a bigger bodied guy who was very good in the red zone.

We were also at our most prolific the year we had Jurevicious too

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
canucks9314

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
imani wrote:

Let's put it this way.

None of them are the big bodied possession receiver Rice is and even though Rice has sucked, none of them have the size to get that ball Rice tip-toed in on Sunday either.

With all that said, I'd want Rice to be playing at somewhere around 2.5M a year with how he's playing.

This was what I meant to get across.

domepatrol91 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Did 84 point the direction they were gonna run the ball? Laughing

Reverse psychology.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
imani wrote:

Let's put it this way.

Obviously, but as you said, that can be had for much less. We've gone without a big possession receiver for over a decade in seattle (unless you want to count Williams or Jurevicious), it's not a huge need in a west coast offense.

Wasn't Darrell Jackson 5'11" and about 200 or thereabouts? He was a bit "thick" for his height, but not "big body" IMO. Anyway, dream scenario here, so bear with me Smile

What is our cap going to look like BTW? I know we're not going to have a ton of room, but if we can move on or restructure guys like Rice, Miller, McQuistan(FA?), Bryant (Restructure) and Clemons, we should have some room to make a few moves. Anyway...

1.) Snag Jared Veldheer in Free Agency (if he makes it there) along with a much cheaper veteran OT as well for depth as I don't trust Okung to stay healthy a whole year without some luck. Veteran can back up RT, Veldheer can kick over to back up LT if Okung goes down and Bowie can be there as a safety blanket. Re-sign Tate & Bennett*

2.) WR isn't a huge need, but I want this offseason to be about making things easier for Wilson. As it stands now, we're relying on a 2nd year QB to do everything for this offense basically. IF Rice will restructure to something reasonable, I think he's worth 4th round value due to his age. I'd package him with our 2nd Round pick and one of our 5ths to Cleveland for Josh Gordon & a 3rd. Not sure how this works out on value, but I believe Cleveland was asking for a 2nd for him. Here, they get a big bodied player at the same position who is still young, they get a 2nd round pick and a 5th to boot. We get a young, big bodied receiver with enough speed to be a threat in multiple ways. We lose our late 2nd, but probably pick up a mid 3rd which would be prime positioning for a Guard.

3.) If the front office thinks they can get decent value for a Browner, they need to capitalize on it. This draft class is WEAK IMO and teams who have a big hole @ CB probably won't want to reach in the early to mid 1st and then by the time they're picking again, the top tier talent of a weak class will be snagged. Anyone care to chime in on what they think Browner's value might be? Age considered as well...Hoping we can get something good for him and get back another fairly early pick. This would mean we'd need to re-sign Thurmond or someone in free agency as there aren't many corners in the draft that I like. Aaron Colvin or Justin Gilbert are about the only guys I can think of off the top of my head I wouldn't be upset with. Hoping Tharold Simon pans out, but not getting my hopes up.

4.) As far as the draft goes, with the RT situation addressed in free agency along with the trade for a #1 WR, I don't see any immediate needs that we'd have to use a 1st on. We could either trade back for multiple picks or even a single pick and a proven player. If we had to use the pick, I'd target ASJ or Eric Ebron at TE.

This would leave the needs or areas for improvement: TE (Depending on 1st Round Options), OG (x2), LEO (Rotational), DT (Competition at Either DT Position), LB (Depth) & Safety (Depth).

I'm bored, so I'm pretty sure my brainstorming is annoying and not necessarily logical, but I always enjoy day dreaming Smile
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:

What are the $$$ for Rice when it comes to cutting him? Would we be eating dead money?

I wish this team would go after Josh Gordon.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
imani wrote:

Let's put it this way.

Darrell Jackson is 5'11......

And we were prolific because of our oline, run game and pass rush in 2005. JJ had 9-10 TD receptions (IIRC), but those were a result of SA literally absorbing all of the attention in the redzone and hasselbeck and this offense having one of the league's best playaction attacks as a result. 7 of his TD catches were within 25 yards of the endzone that year, 6 being in the redzone, 5 being within 10 yards. You could argue "exactly, and that's the redzone threat we need", but our offense is nowhere near as consistent, sound or potent at this point and Sidney Rice is a better player (with a larger catch radius, i might add) that hasn't produced the same results.

On "Reason the hawks made the superbowl in 2005", Joe wouldn't even grace the top 5. In 3 playoffs games that year he registered 7 catches and no TDs

wwhickok wrote:

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
imani wrote:

Let's put it this way.

And we were prolific because of our oline, run game and pass rush in 2005. JJ had 9-10 TD receptions (IIRC), but those were a result of SA literally absorbing all of the attention in the redzone and hasselbeck and this offense having one of the league's best playaction attacks as a result. 7 of his TD catches were within 25 yards of the endzone that year, 6 being in the redzone, 5 being within 10 yards. You could argue "exactly, and that's the redzone threat we need", but our offense is nowhere near as consistent, sound or potent at this point and Sidney Rice is a better player (with a larger catch radius, i might add) that hasn't produced the same results.

On "Reason the hawks made the superbowl in 2005", Joe wouldn't even grace the top 5. In 3 playoffs games that year he registered 7 catches and no TDs
Talking about our passing game...

And I was off by 2 inches on Jackson, but regardless, he was better than anyone on this team in the redzone. The man knew how to score.

This offense is not meant to work without a big guy out wide.

ram29jackson wrote:
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
sirensong wrote:

I wish this team would go after Josh Gordon.
It would take too much to get him. He'd be a fun toy to have though. His deep threat ability is awesome

ram29jackson wrote:
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
imani wrote:

Let's put it this way.

And I was off by 2 inches on Jackson, but regardless, he was better than anyone on this team in the redzone. The man knew how to score.

Well, rice is not that big guy....that's for damn certain.

wwhickok wrote:

Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:
imani wrote:

Let's put it this way.

Well, rice is not that big guy....that's for damn certain.
You're delusional if you don't think Rice occupies that role. When Pete Carroll talks about size/big bodied guys, he's talking about height/length. He calls Sherman big bodied. That man is a twig. But he has height and wingspan.

Rice IS the big possession receiver. Just because he's only 210 doesn't mean otherwise. His main role in this offense is to function as the "catch radius" target who can make the intermediate catches and create mismatches in the endzone.

ram29jackson wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: