Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Seattle Trade Block
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: The Seattle Trade Block Reply with quote

Are there a few Seahawks you feel could be moved in order to improve other areas of the team? Some positions we're "stacked" at, just seem to have players who are taking up too much space. We have some holes in the trenches, and i feel as if a few skill players could be moved in order to get some value that we can use to address those holes.

Players I'd have on the trade block:

Robert Turbin: 4-6 Round draft pick
Breno Giacomini: 3-5 Round draft Pick
Jeremey Lane: 5-7 round pick
Byron Maxwell: 2-4 Round pick

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what we're getting back and also when we're making the trades. If you're talking about before the deadline, then I'd say we shouldn't trade anyone for draft picks. If we were going to seriously upgrade our O line then I'd consider making a deal, but the likelihood of that is low considering that most teams don't make their big deals at the deadline.

If you're talking about waiting until the offseason and acquiring picks, I would think the FO would wait until they have made the majority of their free agency moves so as to have a better idea of what the actual needs are before the draft.

As far as the players you've mentioned, I would prefer to keep Turbin around for insurance in case Marshawn suffers an injury or his skills take a significant decline (or if they just let him go during/after his contracts up). Breno can be dealt, I just see a very limited potential for him, we can do better. I would only trade 1 of the 2 corners you mentioned, not both. I think Maxwell has more upside than Lane does, but a lot depends on if Browner leaves via free agency. In that case I would keep both.

I can't really think of any other players who would get us a good return. I guess I'd put Red Bryant on the block to free up money to keep Michael Bennett long term and maybe Sidney Rice because his contract outweighs his production.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I wouldn't let Turbin go for less than a 3rd, at least until I see more out of Michael. Even then, I'd only trade Turbin if we're keeping Lynch for another 3+ seasons.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Plush

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I think I wouldn't let Turbin go for less than a 3rd, at least until I see more out of Michael. Even then, I'd only trade Turbin if we're keeping Lynch for another 3+ seasons.

We're not getting 3rd for a RB drafted in the 4th less than 2 years go with no proven production
sirensong

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

We're not getting 3rd for a RB drafted in the 4th less than 2 years go with no proven production

Then we shouldnt trade him. Lynch has MAYBE 2 years left at this level. Were going to need 2 RB's going forward Turbin and Michael defenitly have a chacne to be those 2 guys once Shawn is done.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see too many teams that are championship caliber that trade away solid depth for future picks. All of those players will help us win it all in February. After this year we will have to lock up Thomas, Sherman and Browner and probably Okung (maybe Tate) Long term. If this team doesn't win it all this year we need to absolutely sell out for a top tier elite prospect at our weakest area. I read an article about Seattle having a 2 year window to win everything because after 2 years we will be making really tough decisions on personnel. After that we will have to pay Russell Wilson 12M+ a year. Making it harder to add pieces here and there. If we get pick #30-32 we should be looking at trading multiple 1sts to go get Lewan or Matthews. That's what I would do.

I truly believe that Lynch finishes his contract and after he's a FA we completely change philosphy. Instead of running 55-60% of the time we lean on Wilson and become a pass happy team like Houston. (More balance with a good running game)
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Never said I'd expect that offer. But he's worth at least that to us

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
imani

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think turbin fitz here TBH. He's a good RB, but he's slow to the hole, has poor footwork and I can't remember the last time i saw him break a tackle

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about guys we could trade for?

If Luke Joeckle or Eric Fisher improve, maybe Eugene Monroe or Branden Albert become available? Surely they could be a better fit at RT? Maybe Mitchell Schwartz in Cleveland who's an underrated RT and certainly the Browns have shown they are open to trades. I don't really know if there's any areas we feel we might need to upgrade.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I'm probably the biggest Maxwell fan on this forum, so I wouldn't even consider trading him. If I'm running the team, I let Browner walk after this year and plug Maxwell in the starting roster with Thurmond as the mainstay at Nickel.

I can definitely see a case for trading Turbin, though I highly doubt we even entertain the idea.

Red Bryant is hands down the guy I would have on the block and the guy I feel the team could very well trade. His value is starting to increase as he plays both DT and DE. We know teams covet him (Pats really wanted him during free agency). He's at a position of relative depth for us and with Bennett proving to be the player we thought he would be. And finally, he's making more money than this team can handle in the near future. Now would be a great time to deal him.

Sidney Rice, too.
Meeker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I don't think turbin fitz here TBH. He's a good RB, but he's slow to the hole, has poor footwork and I can't remember the last time i saw him break a tackle

But he is our best 3rd down RB, going no where until Michael figures out his blocking. He is on a 4th round rookie deal, no reason to trade him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
imani wrote:

But he is our best 3rd down RB, going no where until Michael figures out his blocking. He is on a 4th round rookie deal, no reason to trade him.

Yea, that's why I said I really don't think it's feasible.

However, playing devil's advocate, Turbin's value likely won't get any higher than it is right now.
Meeker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Meeker wrote:
imani wrote:

However, playing devil's advocate, Turbin's value likely won't get any higher than it is right now.

Problem is, a good 3rd down back is worth at least that value.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
SoS wrote:
Meeker wrote:
imani wrote:

I would tend to agree, but with the way this team drafts in the middle rounds, they may value that pick higher than a good 3rd down back. Spencer Ware could be groomed as the 3rd down back.
Meeker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Meeker wrote:
SoS wrote:
Meeker wrote:
imani wrote:

I would tend to agree, but with the way this team drafts in the middle rounds, they may value that pick higher than a good 3rd down back. Spencer Ware could be groomed as the 3rd down back.

Ware wouldn't be bad, but I'd rather have someone with more speed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: