Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Cards (1-2) @ Bucs (0-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
He Hate Me


Joined: 02 Apr 2006
Posts: 10233
Location: Unconquered Territory
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
He Hate Me wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
He Hate Me wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
I feel bad for Glennon. He had some nice moments early, but he isn't ready to play. He's not good enough to mask the other issues on this team.

For those that who want Schiano gone, I may be joining that crowd soon, this game is just another nail in the coffin. This coaching staff is completely useless in critical situations. Letting Glennon test Patrick Peterson that late in the game was asinine. We have now lost 3 games like this in 2013. As talented as this roster is, that's completely unacceptable.

I'm completely in favor of firing the entire coaching staff and letting Lovie come in and bring in who he wants. That probably means that Dom is gone too, and at this point I would be fine with that.

But Lovie never won anything in Chicago..


So we should only bring in a coach that has won a super bowl?

I never said that. You have to finish the quote to get context.

Quote:
tho he had some good teams..but his offenses were never good and that is my main concern with this team at this moment.


My main concern, like I said, is that he is a defensive guy who is more conservative, what really changes with him being hired? In the 2013 NFL we have offenses putting up points and all the rules going against the defense...like on Goldson's hit today. What else can he do? We need an offensive minded coach.

Plus the fact that he is a re-tred and had a long time in one place does not entice me at all. Reid will never win anything in KC, wait til they play Denver or some of the powerhouse teams. Its highly unlikely a HC comes in from coaching a different team for some long and then wins a SB with the new one. Dungy was a rare exception and Gruden just motivated Dungy's team. Plus Gruden hadnt been in OAK long and was in his prime of his coaching career.


But what does the first part have to do with the second part?

And this.

Quote:
Its highly unlikely a HC comes in from coaching a different team for some long and then wins a SB with the new one.


Did you just make this up? Tom Coughlin would disagree.

Two separate thoughts. The first one has a lot more weight with our current offensive problems and the ones Lovie has had his entire HC career.
Ok, fair enough. Coughlin and Dungy had long stints with Jax and TB. Bill had a stint with Cleveland. But honestly, can you give a a long or half decent list of coaches over the last 20 to 30 years in the NFL who have be with a team for 5+ years or so then gone to another team and won a SB? Thats extremely rare. Id rather have a fresh new face.


It's extremely rare to win a super bowl period.

There have only been 31 coaches to win a super bowl. Out of thousands to coach in the league. Sorting it by nearly any variable and achieving a "long or half decent list" is difficult.

Fact is, there is nothing inherent in coaching one team for a long time that would cause a negative impact on the new team. If Andy Reid doesn't win a super bowl with the Chiefs, then "he coached the Eagles for a long time" wouldn't make the top 1,000,000 reasons why he failed. If you just want a new face then fine. But that's simply your preference for a new face, not something wrong with an old face.
_________________


Props to Eggy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 6819
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the talent surrounding the qb to compete for a super bowl. The challenge for the glaZers is to find a gm with a good scouting background who can put together a staff and find a head coAch that is a perfect fit to what we have right now.

Dom was terrible at talent evaluation in the deaft process. Need someone with success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoeKG


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4172
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
We have the talent surrounding the qb to compete for a super bowl. The challenge for the glaZers is to find a gm with a good scouting background who can put together a staff and find a head coAch that is a perfect fit to what we have right now.

Dom was terrible at talent evaluation in the deaft process. Need someone with success.


Those guys have jobs. The only hope IMO of getting a solid drafter is finding someone new and hoping he gets it. In Dom's defense in that regard, he has drafted well the last few years. 2009 was obviously a wreck though, as was 2010 outside of McCoy and Williams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 6819
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
We have the talent surrounding the qb to compete for a super bowl. The challenge for the glaZers is to find a gm with a good scouting background who can put together a staff and find a head coAch that is a perfect fit to what we have right now.

Dom was terrible at talent evaluation in the deaft process. Need someone with success.


Those guys have jobs. The only hope IMO of getting a solid drafter is finding someone new and hoping he gets it. In Dom's defense in that regard, he has drafted well the last few years. 2009 was obviously a wreck though, as was 2010 outside of McCoy and Williams.


Yeah bur the thing is, he failed with 1 qb. Glennon isnt fhe answer. Dows the organization trust him to find the roght head coach and qb again?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YoungBucs15


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 3708
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious to what people thought about trading Freeman for Britt. I know Britt is far from a buccaneer man, but i think Schiano believes he could help him out since he was his college coach. Britt gives us depth at a much needed position and gets Freeman out of here. While Britt isn't a slot, he gives us depth and another great red zone talent. Better than getting nothing from a release or whatever round pick we would be able to get from a trade. To me both teams win, especially with Locker's injury looking pretty bad today.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lil' Shorty


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 3117
Location: NC...surrounded by lame Panther fans.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
He Hate Me wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
He Hate Me wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
I feel bad for Glennon. He had some nice moments early, but he isn't ready to play. He's not good enough to mask the other issues on this team.

For those that who want Schiano gone, I may be joining that crowd soon, this game is just another nail in the coffin. This coaching staff is completely useless in critical situations. Letting Glennon test Patrick Peterson that late in the game was asinine. We have now lost 3 games like this in 2013. As talented as this roster is, that's completely unacceptable.

I'm completely in favor of firing the entire coaching staff and letting Lovie come in and bring in who he wants. That probably means that Dom is gone too, and at this point I would be fine with that.

But Lovie never won anything in Chicago..


So we should only bring in a coach that has won a super bowl?

I never said that. You have to finish the quote to get context.

Quote:
tho he had some good teams..but his offenses were never good and that is my main concern with this team at this moment.


My main concern, like I said, is that he is a defensive guy who is more conservative, what really changes with him being hired? In the 2013 NFL we have offenses putting up points and all the rules going against the defense...like on Goldson's hit today. What else can he do? We need an offensive minded coach.

Plus the fact that he is a re-tred and had a long time in one place does not entice me at all. Reid will never win anything in KC, wait til they play Denver or some of the powerhouse teams. Its highly unlikely a HC comes in from coaching a different team for some long and then wins a SB with the new one. Dungy was a rare exception and Gruden just motivated Dungy's team. Plus Gruden hadnt been in OAK long and was in his prime of his coaching career.


But what does the first part have to do with the second part?

And this.

Quote:
Its highly unlikely a HC comes in from coaching a different team for some long and then wins a SB with the new one.


Did you just make this up? Tom Coughlin would disagree.

Two separate thoughts. The first one has a lot more weight with our current offensive problems and the ones Lovie has had his entire HC career.
Ok, fair enough. Coughlin and Dungy had long stints with Jax and TB. Bill had a stint with Cleveland. But honestly, can you give a a long or half decent list of coaches over the last 20 to 30 years in the NFL who have be with a team for 5+ years or so then gone to another team and won a SB? Thats extremely rare. Id rather have a fresh new face.


It's extremely rare to win a super bowl period.

There have only been 31 coaches to win a super bowl. Out of thousands to coach in the league. Sorting it by nearly any variable and achieving a "long or half decent list" is difficult.

Fact is, there is nothing inherent in coaching one team for a long time that would cause a negative impact on the new team. If Andy Reid doesn't win a super bowl with the Chiefs, then "he coached the Eagles for a long time" wouldn't make the top 1,000,000 reasons why he failed. If you just want a new face then fine. But that's simply your preference for a new face, not something wrong with an old face.

Well I think it's more than just my preference. Of the 31 coaches to win a SB how many of them have coached another team for a relatively long period of time, became bad, gotten fired, then gone on to win a SB with their new team? A very small minority and Dungy had Manning so I think it was more him then Dungy, tho Dungy helped that defense out.

The point is not that they coached another team so they cannot be successful with a new one. The point is once a coach is out of his prime as a coach (which is usually during his long stint with the 1st team he coaches) he becomes like a Brett Favre. Very successful QB and SB winner, however he kept coming back to teams who thought he could put them over the top but he never did. Did he get close with the Vikings, yes. Did he win anything, no. If he was in his prime he would have most likely but his time was up and it was time for a new QB. So Aaron Rodgers took over for him in GB. You see what I'm saying?

Oh, and no to Lovie for what I just said and more so cuz we need an offensive minded coach that puts points on the board and Lovie is the complete opposite of that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Lil' Shorty


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 3117
Location: NC...surrounded by lame Panther fans.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
Curious to what people thought about trading Freeman for Britt. I know Britt is far from a buccaneer man, but i think Schiano believes he could help him out since he was his college coach. Britt gives us depth at a much needed position and gets Freeman out of here. While Britt isn't a slot, he gives us depth and another great red zone talent. Better than getting nothing from a release or whatever round pick we would be able to get from a trade. To me both teams win, especially with Locker's injury looking pretty bad today.

Sounds good to me. And he could learn to work the middle. Low risk high reward and like you said, we get Freeman outta town.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 6819
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
Curious to what people thought about trading Freeman for Britt. I know Britt is far from a buccaneer man, but i think Schiano believes he could help him out since he was his college coach. Britt gives us depth at a much needed position and gets Freeman out of here. While Britt isn't a slot, he gives us depth and another great red zone talent. Better than getting nothing from a release or whatever round pick we would be able to get from a trade. To me both teams win, especially with Locker's injury looking pretty bad today.


Good possibility as long as no draft picks are involved. But it could be fairly difficult imo. The titans have given up on britt. We gave up on free actually free gave up on the bucs. An injury is what could be that gets josh freeman traded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YoungBucs15


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 3708
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
Curious to what people thought about trading Freeman for Britt. I know Britt is far from a buccaneer man, but i think Schiano believes he could help him out since he was his college coach. Britt gives us depth at a much needed position and gets Freeman out of here. While Britt isn't a slot, he gives us depth and another great red zone talent. Better than getting nothing from a release or whatever round pick we would be able to get from a trade. To me both teams win, especially with Locker's injury looking pretty bad today.


Good possibility as long as no draft picks are involved. But it could be fairly difficult imo. The titans have given up on britt. We gave up on free actually free gave up on the bucs. An injury is what could be that gets josh freeman traded.


Did you see Locker got carted off today. Fitzpatrick came in and played decent but they get rid of a headache and get some more insurance.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1794
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring Pete Carmichael in here. Make him head coach and let him hire his own staff.

Buy-out that 24 million dollar contract with Schiano because I cannot see this team progressing with this stubborn of a HC at helm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lil' Shorty


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 3117
Location: NC...surrounded by lame Panther fans.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Bring Pete Carmichael in here. Make him head coach and let him hire his own staff.

Buy-out that 24 million dollar contract with Schiano because I cannot see this team progressing with this stubborn of a HC at helm.

Carmichael doesn't look like he could lead a team of men. He looks soft and like a coordinator that needs the direction of someone above him. Plus, Sean Payton is behind that offense. What are Carmichael's credentials?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ABucNBradenton


Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 563
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Marcus Mariota
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 6819
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
I want Marcus Mariota


NO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8187
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
Curious to what people thought about trading Freeman for Britt. I know Britt is far from a buccaneer man, but i think Schiano believes he could help him out since he was his college coach. Britt gives us depth at a much needed position and gets Freeman out of here. While Britt isn't a slot, he gives us depth and another great red zone talent. Better than getting nothing from a release or whatever round pick we would be able to get from a trade. To me both teams win, especially with Locker's injury looking pretty bad today.


Done, sign me up!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaRealdeal


Moderator
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 8982
Location: Jamison. on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our offense has scored 3 2nd half points all season Laughing

It seems like everyone can make halftime adjustments except us. Pathetic.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group