Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Cards (1-2) @ Bucs (0-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovie smith was axed because he could never improve the offense. That's our problem right now. He would not be a good hire for what we want to do with this team.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
This team is fine defensively. Lets get an offensive mind. Thing is who would you get? I'm not a fan of Greg roman from SF. I'm not sure who the top candidates are at this point. Do you go shaw?

I can't see them dipping back into college for another coach. Roman or Gruden would make the most sense in my opinion.

Roman and Carmichael dont impress me at all. Jay Gruden would be the best NFL option that Im aware of at this moment. Id still go Kevin Sumlin if we could get him. HE FITS THE MOLD OF CHIP KELLY, WHO THIS TEAM INITIALLY WANTED, MORE THAN ANY OTHER COACH AVAILABLE.

ravishingone wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
I feel bad for Glennon. He had some nice moments early, but he isn't ready to play. He's not good enough to mask the other issues on this team.

For those that who want Schiano gone, I may be joining that crowd soon, this game is just another nail in the coffin. This coaching staff is completely useless in critical situations. Letting Glennon test Patrick Peterson that late in the game was asinine. We have now lost 3 games like this in 2013. As talented as this roster is, that's completely unacceptable.

I'm completely in favor of firing the entire coaching staff and letting Lovie come in and bring in who he wants. That probably means that Dom is gone too, and at this point I would be fine with that.

I like Lovie a lot and certainly would give some stability to the organization. I just wonder if they would actually go with a third defensive minded head coach in a row especially with rules so heavily favoring the offense.

I think we may be able to come up with a better dynamic if we have a defensive minded HC, like Lovie. We can basically turn over the whole offence to the coordinator, much like we did with the defence under Gruden and he wouldn't need to worry about the bigger picture.

Schiano distorts that by getting involved with the offense.

Lavonte David

117 Tackles
6 Sacks
5 Interception
14 Pass Breakups
1 Safety
1 Ridiculous Fine
Lil' Shorty

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Lovie smith was axed because he could never improve the offense. That's our problem right now. He would not be a good hire for what we want to do with this team.

Bingo! Applause

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
He Hate Me wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
I feel bad for Glennon. He had some nice moments early, but he isn't ready to play. He's not good enough to mask the other issues on this team.

For those that who want Schiano gone, I may be joining that crowd soon, this game is just another nail in the coffin. This coaching staff is completely useless in critical situations. Letting Glennon test Patrick Peterson that late in the game was asinine. We have now lost 3 games like this in 2013. As talented as this roster is, that's completely unacceptable.

I'm completely in favor of firing the entire coaching staff and letting Lovie come in and bring in who he wants. That probably means that Dom is gone too, and at this point I would be fine with that.

But Lovie never won anything in Chicago..

So we should only bring in a coach that has won a super bowl?

I never said that. You have to finish the quote to get context.

Quote:
tho he had some good teams..but his offenses were never good and that is my main concern with this team at this moment.

My main concern, like I said, is that he is a defensive guy who is more conservative, what really changes with him being hired? In the 2013 NFL we have offenses putting up points and all the rules going against the defense...like on Goldson's hit today. What else can he do? We need an offensive minded coach.

Plus the fact that he is a re-tred and had a long time in one place does not entice me at all. Reid will never win anything in KC, wait til they play Denver or some of the powerhouse teams. Its highly unlikely a HC comes in from coaching a different team for some long and then wins a SB with the new one. Dungy was a rare exception and Gruden just motivated Dungy's team. Plus Gruden hadnt been in OAK long and was in his prime of his coaching career.

But what does the first part have to do with the second part?

And this.

Quote:
Its highly unlikely a HC comes in from coaching a different team for some long and then wins a SB with the new one.

Did you just make this up? Tom Coughlin would disagree.

Props to Eggy
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
This team is fine defensively. Lets get an offensive mind. Thing is who would you get? I'm not a fan of Greg roman from SF. I'm not sure who the top candidates are at this point. Do you go shaw?

I can't see them dipping back into college for another coach. Roman or Gruden would make the most sense in my opinion.

Roman and Carmichael dont impress me at all. Jay Gruden would be the best NFL option that Im aware of at this moment. Id still go Kevin Sumlin if we could get him. HE FITS THE MOLD OF CHIP KELLY, WHO THIS TEAM INITIALLY WANTED, MORE THAN ANY OTHER COACH AVAILABLE.

What has Kelly proved so far???? Yeah fast pace offense but I see quick 3 and outs. Sumlin would be a poor fit. The best college candidate is Shaw. He has 9 years in the nfl as qbs and wr coach. Even I don't think he jumps ship.

Sumlin would be a terrible hire. That read option has been neutralized this year and is more fad than trend.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda wished we sought after philbin and McCoy back in 2012. They would have been terrific hires.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

What has Kelly proved so far???? Yeah fast pace offense but I see quick 3 and outs. Sumlin would be a poor fit. The best college candidate is Shaw. He has 9 years in the nfl as qbs and wr coach. Even I don't think he jumps ship.

Sumlin would be a terrible hire. That read option has been neutralized this year and is more fad than trend.

Id love to get David Shaw! I just dont think he leave Stanford. I made the Sumlin comment not based on what Chip Kelly has or has not done, but because Kelly is who we wanted before Schiano and Sumlin fits the Kelly style closest to any coach we could get. Shaw runs a 3-4 defense tho.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs hire Sumlin and then draft Manziel. Bucs get primetime slotting for everyone to watch the circus.

Props to Eggy
BBando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just win. Don't care what type of coach you are.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is you just failed with schiano who barely won anything in college and little nfl experience. Sumlin is in his 2nd year. There is very little experience. It'd be a total failure.

Plus new coach means new gm here. Sumlin might be one of the worst hires right now.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
He Hate Me wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

But Lovie never won anything in Chicago..

So we should only bring in a coach that has won a super bowl?

I never said that. You have to finish the quote to get context.

Quote:
tho he had some good teams..but his offenses were never good and that is my main concern with this team at this moment.

My main concern, like I said, is that he is a defensive guy who is more conservative, what really changes with him being hired? In the 2013 NFL we have offenses putting up points and all the rules going against the defense...like on Goldson's hit today. What else can he do? We need an offensive minded coach.

Plus the fact that he is a re-tred and had a long time in one place does not entice me at all. Reid will never win anything in KC, wait til they play Denver or some of the powerhouse teams. Its highly unlikely a HC comes in from coaching a different team for some long and then wins a SB with the new one. Dungy was a rare exception and Gruden just motivated Dungy's team. Plus Gruden hadnt been in OAK long and was in his prime of his coaching career.

But what does the first part have to do with the second part?

And this.

Quote:
Its highly unlikely a HC comes in from coaching a different team for some long and then wins a SB with the new one.

Did you just make this up? Tom Coughlin would disagree.

Two separate thoughts. The first one has a lot more weight with our current offensive problems and the ones Lovie has had his entire HC career.
Ok, fair enough. Coughlin and Dungy had long stints with Jax and TB. Bill had a stint with Cleveland. But honestly, can you give a a long or half decent list of coaches over the last 20 to 30 years in the NFL who have be with a team for 5+ years or so then gone to another team and won a SB? Thats extremely rare. Id rather have a fresh new face.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
Bucs hire Sumlin and then draft Manziel. Bucs get primetime slotting for everyone to watch the circus.

I doubt he would do that. But then again I doubt he comes to the NFL in the next year or two.

Jay Gruden, Roman and Carmichael can not be our only offense minded HC options.. Roman and Carmichael dont even look like they could lead a team. Roman just looks like an undisciplined fatty and Carmichael looks like a child who is clueless. Now that has nothing to do with their coaching, but Im just saying. Harbaugh is the architect of that SF offense and its been struggling lately. And Carmichael is behind Peyton who is the architect of the offense in New Orleans. Carmichael just looks like a coordinator to me. I dont think grown men would look to him as a guy to lead them to battle. Just my initial impressions.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
He Hate Me wrote:

I doubt he would do that. But then again I doubt he comes to the NFL in the next year or two.

Jay Gruden, Roman and Carmichael can not be our only offense minded HC options.. Roman and Carmichael dont even look like they could lead a team. Roman just looks like an undisciplined fatty and Carmichael looks like a child who is clueless. Now that has nothing to do with their coaching, but Im just saying. Harbaugh is the architect of that SF offense and its been struggling lately. And Carmichael is behind Peyton who is the architect of the offense in New Orleans. Carmichael just looks like a coordinator to me. I dont think grown men would look to him as a guy to lead them to battle. Just my initial impressions.

Rick Dennison the OC from Houston has been interviewed for HC positions in the past. There is always Norv and Marty from the Jets. Very Happy I kid.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like ken whisenhunt. He never had a qb after warner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

Jump to: