Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Cards (1-2) @ Bucs (0-3)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Week 4: Cards (1-2) @ Bucs (0-3) Reply with quote

vs

Well, well, well... who would of thought that week four we would be facing the team with the qb we were trying to trade for but instead starting the qb we drafted in the third round.

Again another week, another week I am not worried about their offense against our defesne. Our dline should have a problem with their front five. While Ellington scares me because I never like going against speed backs overall we lbs shouldn't have issues. Is this the week Revis locks down the number one receiver? I can see us getting flagged a few times for 15 yarders. Cards toss it deep giving our safeties the chance to lay the wood.

Offense is the questions again this week for me just like the last three. Our oline shoul be even better with Carl getting another full week of practice in. Jackson will be taken out of most of the game by Peterson. Is Glennon going to be calm enough to look at Williams and check it down to Doug when it is there?

Overall this should be a win. The team will be pumped with the new blood at the qb position. The defense will want to play even better knowing that they will more than likely have to carry us to a win.

17-13?

Mike Evans 46 - 794 - 7
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should also have Crabtree back right? That will also help Glennon out. Honestly, I think Glennon gives us mediocre QB play and we win the game. And if we could ACTUALLY USE REVIS CORRECTLY while on Fitz then we should be even better defensively. The coaches cant be that stupid to keep him in zone can they?

I think the team will be energized with Glennon but at the end of the season a coaching change may still be needed if the schemes we run are still bad and done utilize talent.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. Not buying into Glennon just yet. I think he struggles in his first game.

Bucs 13
Cards 27

#EmbraceTheSuck
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get our first win, 17-7
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadabuccaneer wrote:
Sorry. Not buying into Glennon just yet. I think he struggles in his first game.

Bucs 13
Cards 27

We are giving up 19 ppg so far through three games and two of them were against first ballot hall of fame quarterbacks.

Why do you think the Cards drop 27 against us?

Mike Evans 46 - 794 - 7
5nick5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
canadabuccaneer wrote:

Bucs 13
Cards 27

We are giving up 19 ppg so far through three games and two of them were against first ballot hall of fame quarterbacks.

Rookie mistakes are a possibility. If he turns the ball over 2 or more times, he could put the Cards in good field position.

I think we lose this game, but I'm just hoping to see some promise in Glennon.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wheels are falling off at OBP right now. Two days ago its, "Freeman is our starting qb". Then today we get the switch. The tape must be showing the same mistakes that keep appearing and Schiano pulled the plug. Ride with Glennon the rest of the 13 weeks and see what we got. Clearly, Freeman isn't the right QB for this team. Throws a hell of a deep ball though when he wants to.

Sike or swim with Glennon. Worst case scenario, Glennon leads us to a lousy 4-12 record, Dominick gets fired and possibly Sullivan/Schiano too. I gotta believe if Tampa underperforms NO way Dominick is brought back. And I'm pretty sure a new GM will probably want to find his own coaching staff unless he's impressed with Schiano. With this case though, a new QB would be in wings. Best case scenario, Glennon leads us to a mediocre season and gives the coaching staff something to build off on and Dominick keeps his job. To be honest, I don't care for either scenario. I feel like Glennon will never be an above average QB in this league and its pretty much Freeman=Glennon. There's really nothing that sets Glennon apart. But, hopefully I'm wrong so we don't have to start over again.

edit; just realized that had nothing to do with the game. But, I do see the Bucs struggling yet again on offense to score points. So I have the Cardinals winning in a close game.

17-14
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
The wheels are falling off at OBP right now. Two days ago its, "Freeman is our starting qb". Then today we get the switch. The tape must be showing the same mistakes that keep appearing and Schiano pulled the plug. Ride with Glennon the rest of the 13 weeks and see what we got. Clearly, Freeman isn't the right QB for this team. Throws a hell of a deep ball though when he wants to.

Sike or swim with Glennon. Worst case scenario, Glennon leads us to a lousy 4-12 record, Dominick gets fired and possibly Sullivan/Schiano too. I gotta believe if Tampa underperforms NO way Dominick is brought back. And I'm pretty sure a new GM will probably want to find his own coaching staff unless he's impressed with Schiano. With this case though, a new QB would be in wings. Best case scenario, Glennon leads us to a mediocre season and gives the coaching staff something to build off on and Dominick keeps his job. To be honest, I don't care for either scenario. I feel like Glennon will never be an above average QB in this league and its pretty much Freeman=Glennon. There's really nothing that sets Glennon apart. But, hopefully I'm wrong so we don't have to start over again.

edit; just realized that had nothing to do with the game. But, I do see the Bucs struggling yet again on offense to score points. So I have the Cardinals winning in a close game.

17-14

I wouldnt say that a new coaching staff and possibly GM with a top pick franchise QB is starting over. Honestly if we change the coaching staff and get a franchise QB with a decent offensive philosophy, I think we get to the playoffs in 2014. We arent that far off imo.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should win this one... but I thought the same thing about the Jets game.

So. Um.

Cardinals 16
Bucs 10
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cards are better than us right now. Only way we win is if the defense carries us there, I think, with some help from Muscle Hamster.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see us winning this game.

Cardinals: 23
Bucs: 10

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

yup. Safest bet of the week is Bucs under 40...Im all over it lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

yup. Safest bet of the week is Bucs under 40...Im all over it lol

I actually laughed out loud a little when I read this. I think combined scores under 40 would probably be a pretty safe bet too.

But in all seriousness, if the Bucs can put pressure on Carson Palmer he is going to struggle. He got rattled early against the Saints and was completely ineffective for most of the game outside of the first scoring drive.

I think both offenses will have their fair share of turnovers and whichever team can capitalize on them will be the winner.
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
canadabuccaneer wrote:

Bucs 13
Cards 27

Defense can't stop Glennon from making mistakes. Glennon was fumble prone and made some poor decisions in college (sound familiar). A pick 6 is very possible.

#EmbraceTheSuck
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of last year we had the personnel for zone defense but we played man throughout the year even thouh we were getten beat like a red headed step child. The last game against ATL we play zone and hold up pretty decently.

We go out in the offense and sign Goldson trade for Revis and draft Banks so we can play the man to man scheme that this defense requires and we start playing more and more zone...

I just don't get i t!

Would love to see us stick Revis on Larry and put Banks on Floyd. Hope to see this defwnse active again. Once things stopped going their way up in Foxboro they didn't look as sharp as theu did the first two weeks.

I'm not worried about rheir rushing attack especially against our D so we will need to apply pressure to Palmer. Hope to pick up a few more sacks this week but would like to see them come from the line

Can't wait to see the Glennon era. I would like ro see a play action pass deep to start the game off. Hopefully Williams and Jackson are a go this week. Would hate to see us start Glennon with our 4th tight end and 3rd and 4th wide recievers.

I think this game will be like the Packers game in 09 with a lower score with the Buccaneers prevailing. Glennon throws 2tds and a INT and plays well. I think Martin has a good game.

Revis gets his 1st of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

Jump to: