Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

George Iloka gets a ticket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: George Iloka gets a ticket Reply with quote

Bengals safety George Iloka got a $15000 fine from the league office Tuesday for the 'hit' on Packers TE Jermichael Finlay. No flag was thrown at the time.

Utter BS IMO.

Iloka was leading with his shoulder on the play, and hit Finlays' head with a glancing blow because Finlay changed direction.

Absolutely ridiculous. Hope the Bengals appeal, but they won't.

Just watched the Texans/Ravens and Seahawks/niners games, and a couple of similar 'bang-bang' plays in those games weren't flagged.

....and did anyone else see the unflagged long run Monday night by Steeler RB Jonathan Dwyer when he finished off the play with the crown of his helmet ?
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To fine him was ridiculous. Finley was falling down to begin with, which is why his head got hit.
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, see my sig.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was shocked when he didnt get flagged for it. He led with his shoulder and hit Finley's shoulder first it looked like but then moved up to his head. I loved the play, but in todays NFL i am not surprised he has been fined.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I was shocked when he didnt get flagged for it. He led with his shoulder and hit Finley's shoulder first it looked like but then moved up to his head. I loved the play, but in todays NFL i am not surprised he has been fined.

I suppose at least we should be thankful we had a safety in on a tackle of the TE. In years gone by, the safety would have been three yards behind the play.
sparky151

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fine is ridiculous. Several officials saw the play and they all independently judged it legal. The fine is due to the fact that Finley got a concussion and the league is sensitive about those. If Finley had jumped up and played the rest of the game without incident, there would be no fine.

Iloka didn't launch himself. He didn't lead with his helmet. He tried to put his shoulder into Finley's chest to dislodge the ball. Finley ducked his head so the contact ended up being with Iloka's arm but Iloka didn't extend it in a forearm shiver. If the league's new standard is that all concussions are fined, even those that aren't a result of foul play, that's unfair to defenders. What should Iloka have done? Stepped aside?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: