Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 Gameday Thread: Rams vs 49ers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Couple observations:

1. On offense you guys have no play makers. Even if Bradford is a little rattled at times, he has no "go to guy" that he fully trust to beat coverage and make a catch.

2. I can not for the life of me understand how your DLine is this terrible. You guys cant stop the run to save your life, and youre not very good at getting sacks either. How is that possible with so much talent on the line??!?!? That should be the strength of your team.

Last note - interesting that your gameday thread with us was 3x's this big... and were not a divisional rival. Very Happy

There is a Thursday night game thread in general and a lot of people posted there. Wink
Golden_Knight5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this team is pathetic. I would love to trade for Josh Gordon. We have zero playmakers on this offense. Its the whole deal of the chicken and the egg. We have a [inappropriate/removed] running back, but an o-line that moonwalks and fails to produce wholes. That leads to the worst running attack in the nfl. Which leads to more pressure on a timid quarterback who doesnt like contact but can make most of the throws when he has the time(like any quarterback in the nfl......). People say "give Quick a chance." Get off of quick, hes bogus, and I was all about him when drafted. Players nowadays gotta show they are playmakers from year one. Quick will follow into the abyss of free agency and jump from team to team. Nothing special. Same for everybody else on this team minus Austin. Trade a third rounder for Gordon, hes been a playmaker since day one, I'm well aware of his off the field drug tendencies and that hes one strike away from a year, but fisher will deal with that hopefully trading a "conditional" pick to cleveland. This offense is an eye sore. Our team has ZERO ZERO ZERO playmakers. We're all rams fans here, but do any of us even like watching this team? 19 garbage points in 2 weeks. Aweful. Give me a big stud at WR and draft a bulky running back.
Bond_007x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Bond_007x wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Bond_007x wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:
Mcdonald fractured leg great

Who cares, the guy sucked.

How the hell is McCloud one of the starting safeties? And he's a captain on top of it?

Honestly. After watching the last two games. I'd welcome back Mikell and Dahl back with open arms at this point.

Austin Pettis needs to be cut ASAP.

Cortland Finnegan, you overrated piece of sheet. I honestly think he'll have to take a paycut next year, or he'll be straight up cut.

I can't wait for Jo-Lon to be back.

What the heck is wrong with Chris Long? by far his worst start since his sophomore year.

You dont know what youre talking about, and quite frankly Im not a fan of your attitude towards an injury towards a young man who has been playing pretty well especially for a rookie.

You're kidding right? Throughout the whole season thus far he has missed numerous tackles. Has poor gap integrity at stopping the run, has been very poor in pass coverage, he tries to lay on the wood almost every single play. And what happen yesterday when he tried to lay on the wood? He hurts Sims.

uh...starters, Mcdonald has been our best defensive player besides Quinn, JJ, and Tree, well maybe even better then Tree. TJ is the only one that plays with an edge anymore. Mcloed is always around the ball, always. IMO he has shown signs that he can be a capable starter in this league, and hes very good at man-man for a safety, he's actually our back-up Nickle guy. As for Austin Pettis, he has been our best WR and Sam's most reliable guy, that one catch alone he made with Brown all over him last night was a great adjustment.

Dude, do you even realize what you're saying?

Our defense has given up 121 points in 4 games!!!

The whole secondary is to blame! The only thing I will agree with is that McDonald isn't the weakest DB out of this pathetic group of DBs. JJ is highly inconsistent as well. McCloud shouldn't even be starting, ever. And Finnegan has become Tye Hill all of sudden.

As for Pettis. The only reason he has some production is because he's been targeted Often. His target to catch ratio is terrible. The guy is not a good player. Not even close!

I wish every game that they just start Quick and let him play the whole game. Granted he is raw, but he has show so much more ability (like X10) than Pettis ever will.

Such a sad story, truthfully.

My favorite players.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally broke the ram curse!
I come in peace, just have some questions

What happened to finnegan? He used to be really good. I thought he was a little overrated but he was solid.

Your d line was amazing last season. Same dc? Or switched. Brockers feasted on the run last year

And lastly, I know Richardson got like every carry but do you usually give Pead and lacy some touches or no?

Beat Seattle twice please!

new sig... sorry alex
yrba1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Finally broke the ram curse!
I come in peace, just have some questions

What happened to finnegan? He used to be really good. I thought he was a little overrated but he was solid.

Finnegan is either having a down year or cushions are exposing his weaknesses.

Quote:
Your d line was amazing last season. Same dc? Or switched. Brockers feasted on the run last year

Again on the cushions, when you provide them, it nullifies any pass rush, allowing QBs to play pitch and catch on short routes.

Quote:
And lastly, I know Richardson got like every carry but do you usually give Pead and lacy some touches or no?

Pead was inactive, I have no clue what in the name of sweet Jesus Stacy was doing as we drafted him to be a short-yardage halfback.

Quote:
Beat Seattle twice please!

Wishful thinking at the point Laughing

Congrats on your win I guess.. It was well deserved as Schitty had no clue how to tailor on offense to their strengths.
Golden_Knight5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is will witherspoon still in the nfl? does anybody else notice that he's useless? Hard to watch him react late and stand around the pile after the play. id be surprised if he gets more than two sacks all year. Get dunbar back at least he could shore up the run defense on the strong(though weak) side.
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Finnegan is either having a down year or cushions are exposing his weaknesses.
Finny was never great when forced to give cushions. It's why his best year for us was the year after Fisher left. We moved him around, played him in the nickel, blitzed, had him up at the line and he was great. Have no idea why Jeff insists on playing him like he's Nick Harper, but I learned to not question many of Jeff's decisions long ago, because he will roll with them until the FO gets rid of the player due to their performance, regardless of the situation they were placed in.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher said:

-The rams WILL get better and they WILL fix this

- 75 rushes vs our defense the last 2 games

- Pead didn't play because they planned on using tavon a lot out of the backfield

- Cody Davis is being promoted

- on the 71 yard field goal attempt the plan was for pettis to throw it to court but since court was hurt, gio was there instead and they were about a second too late on it or else he was wide open and had a potential TD. Something like that

- said tavon was not trying too to do too much on punts, they just need to do a better job in getting him a crease to run in

http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/videos/Head_Coach_Jeff_Fisher_Friday_Press_Conference/5367569d-1dbe-46f5-a011-b1d5bdd52d76

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any silver lining in the fact that in 11 days we will face the Jags. . .
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Couple observations:

1. On offense you guys have no play makers. Even if Bradford is a little rattled at times, he has no "go to guy" that he fully trust to beat coverage and make a catch.

2. I can not for the life of me understand how your DLine is this terrible. You guys cant stop the run to save your life, and youre not very good at getting sacks either. How is that possible with so much talent on the line??!?!? That should be the strength of your team.

Last note - interesting that your gameday thread with us was 3x's this big... and were not a divisional rival. Very Happy

I really think Lovie can be the answer to this team.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Couple observations:

He already has been once.

I'm not ready to move on from Jeff Fisher yet. In fact, the very notion is ridiculous.

Shotty, on the other hand, well I was ready to move on from him before the season started, and nothing has changed. I'd be relieved if we fired him and hired an in house interim.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Couple observations:

I'm not ready to move on from Jeff Fisher yet. In fact, the very notion is ridiculous.

Shotty, on the other hand, well I was ready to move on from him before the season started, and nothing has changed. I'd be relieved if we fired him and hired an in house interim.

I dont think people being really mad at fisher and ready to move on is ridiculous. Four games and he hasnt adjusted at all..
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bond_007x wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
Bond_007x wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Bond_007x wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:
Mcdonald fractured leg great

Who cares, the guy sucked.

How the hell is McCloud one of the starting safeties? And he's a captain on top of it?

Honestly. After watching the last two games. I'd welcome back Mikell and Dahl back with open arms at this point.

Austin Pettis needs to be cut ASAP.

Cortland Finnegan, you overrated piece of sheet. I honestly think he'll have to take a paycut next year, or he'll be straight up cut.

I can't wait for Jo-Lon to be back.

What the heck is wrong with Chris Long? by far his worst start since his sophomore year.

You dont know what youre talking about, and quite frankly Im not a fan of your attitude towards an injury towards a young man who has been playing pretty well especially for a rookie.

You're kidding right? Throughout the whole season thus far he has missed numerous tackles. Has poor gap integrity at stopping the run, has been very poor in pass coverage, he tries to lay on the wood almost every single play. And what happen yesterday when he tried to lay on the wood? He hurts Sims.

uh...starters, Mcdonald has been our best defensive player besides Quinn, JJ, and Tree, well maybe even better then Tree. TJ is the only one that plays with an edge anymore. Mcloed is always around the ball, always. IMO he has shown signs that he can be a capable starter in this league, and hes very good at man-man for a safety, he's actually our back-up Nickle guy. As for Austin Pettis, he has been our best WR and Sam's most reliable guy, that one catch alone he made with Brown all over him last night was a great adjustment.

Dude, do you even realize what you're saying?

Our defense has given up 121 points in 4 games!!!

The whole secondary is to blame! The only thing I will agree with is that McDonald isn't the weakest DB out of this pathetic group of DBs. JJ is highly inconsistent as well. McCloud shouldn't even be starting, ever. And Finnegan has become Tye Hill all of sudden.

As for Pettis. The only reason he has some production is because he's been targeted Often. His target to catch ratio is terrible. The guy is not a good player. Not even close!

I wish every game that they just start Quick and let him play the whole game. Granted he is raw, but he has show so much more ability (like X10) than Pettis ever will.

Such a sad story, truthfully.

You sound like a drunken idiot. Stop ranting. Pettis doesnt drop the ball, Quick does.

And regardless you shouldnt be happy anyone broke a leg let alone one of our young starters.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Couple observations:

I dont think people being really mad at fisher and ready to move on is ridiculous. Four games and he hasnt adjusted at all..

I disagree. We need to see him through.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Couple observations:

I disagree. We need to see him through.

Why? I'd lose no sleep bringing somebody like Lovie in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: