Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 Gameday Thread: Rams vs 49ers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Week 4 Gameday Thread: Rams vs 49ers Reply with quote

Rams

VS

49ers

Welcome to the Gameday Thread: Thursday Night Football Edition!

AND SO THE BATTLE FOR .500 BEGINS!

Suffice to say, both teams have been served a slice of humble pie. Despite a good offseason, the Rams can't get it together and suffered an ugly loss to the Cowboys. The 49ers just suffered an upset to the Colts in what ESPN dubbed the "Stanford Reunion." So, of course, this means Andrew Luck is a top 5 QB, and the 49ers will suffer a Super Bowl hangover and draft top 10 this year led by 1 year wonder Colin Kaepernick.

But now I shall tell the glorious tale of the Battle for .500.

Our story begins with two rival biker gangs

Bradford: Ridin' through this world...all alone...

Long: So we're doing Sons of Anarchy now eh? At least we're not Star Wars characters for the 10,000th time.

Ramsfan28: You guys like your bikes?

Bradford: Yeah, mine is pretty sweet! I'm likin' your imagination.

Long: Not bad Ramsfan, not bad...

Bradford: So...what are you ridin' nowadays?

RF28: It's...quite...operational....it can't blow up planets but it can delete threads! MWAHHAHAHAH!!!

Austin: Yo! Ramsfan!

RF28: What's up, prospect?

Austin: We got trouble up ahead.

Jenkins: Mayans?

RF28: No...NINERS!

Kaep: Sup? You Rams sure do like keepin' tabs on everything. So, tell me, how eager are you to give up this win and let us be 2-2?

Bradford: Nice bike...we'll let you win if you give that back to the 4 year old girl you stole it from.

Long: Where is the rest of your crew?

Kaep: Oh they're coming...they're on a bus heading this way.

Willis: Yeah...we got the best outside linebacker in the business driving this thing!

bbbbbbuuuuzzzzzzzzzz

"I'm a barbie girl! In a barbie worrrrrlllllddddd...."

Willis: Yo, Kaep, sounds like someone is calling your cell.

Kaep: ....hello?

Gore: We got a problem...

Kaep: What happened?

Gore: We stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings on the way over. It was happy hour...

Kaep: aaaaahhhhhhhhh.....Aldon.....no.....

Gore: AND they had jello shots. But it was the Appletinis that did him in.

Kaep: Alright, shall I come get you?

Gore: No worries, coach is on the way to pick us up. He comes bearing intel on our little Rams friends too.

*Kaep smirks at Bradford*

Kaep: Hah....nice...I'm guessing it's from our little spy we just purchased?

Gore: You know it.

*Kaep smirks at Ramsfan28. Ramsfan28 smirks back, while flying his 3-headed dragon, with two Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and a clap on disco ball*

Meanwhile, back at the 49ers headquarters

Harbaugh: HAVE YOU BROUGHT FORTH INTEL, SPY?

Dahl: Yes! I have!

Harbaugh: And what did you find out about our lovely rivals?

Dahl: Well, it turns out that we outsize them, by a lot. Their biggest guy is listed at 5 feet, 4 inches, and weighs 105 pounds. Justin Smith should get a lot of sacks so we won't need Aldon. Although, their secret is their balance. They have incredible technique. If you really wanna give them a scare, just yell out the word "CUPCAKE! FATTY CUPCAKE!"

Harbaugh: ....what team....did you follow exactly?

Dahl: Our rivals, the Size 1ers gymastic squad.

Harbaugh: WE ARE PLAYING THE RAMS! THE RAMS! I ASKED YOU TO COVER THE RAMS!

Dahl: ...who?

Harbaugh: THE TEAM YOU USED TO PLAY FOR!!!

Dahl: ....oh yeah...them.

Harbaugh: Okay...let's try this one. You surely know their defensive scheme. So when we line up in a 4 wideout set, as safety, who would you cover? Who would be your assignment?

Dahl: Hmmm...if I remember correctly, the offensive guard.

Harbaugh: .....on a...3 wide set...what would you do exactly?

Dahl: Stick to their waterboy like glue. Also playing a zone on the dude selling cotton candy in the stands.

Harbaugh: YOU ARE WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dahl: ..actually, no wait, it was the guy selling hotdogs...

Back at the Rams clubhouse

Bradford: Well, we got some good news. It turns out the informant was Craig Dahl.

Long: Ahhhhh yes! I bet he covered the Seahawks instead!

Bradford: WORSE! Some girls gymnastics team!

*laughter* *clapping* *Kate Upton throwing Ramsfan28 her number*

RF28: Now we must seize the day! The Rams must have...an even record!

Long: Wait....nobody has been beat up or killed yet. Not to mention, our main protagonist hasn't had a very dramatic speech yet.

Quinn: Look who's back from prison!

RF28: WHOOOOOAAAA!!!! Ramster! Back from the big house!

Ramster: Yeah. I'm back. I did my time. I got the tat to prove it. Gotta love making sig bets.

Bradford: So....did you...drop the bandwidth?

Ramster: .......

RF28: Well, now that we're a full squad, let the battle begin!

What do we know about this game?

Well, we know Aldon Smith isn't playing. Last season he terrorized Bradford, so now it's going to be up to Patrick Willis and company to pick up the slack. The 49ers still have a solid defense, despite a rocky start to the season.

We also know that the Rams are one of the worst rushing offenses in the league. They only managed 35 rushing yards last week in their loss to the Cowboys. The 49ers have also lacked in the rushing yards department, being 19th in the league at average yards per game. Both teams have slouched in this department from last year, with the Rams losing Jackson, and the 49ers relying on an aging Gore with Kaepernick experiencing woes.

As far as the passing goes, the Rams have quietly made up for their lack of running game, and have put together an offense putting up an 8th best 282.7 yards per game. The 49ers have struggled a little bit this season, only amassing 216 yards per game.

Defensively, the Rams have taken a huge step back, being in the bottom 10th opponent yards per game as well as having one of the lowest sacks per game (last year they had more sacks than anyone else in the league...) No one knows what is up with what many predicted one of the top defenses in the league. All we know is that they have made the opposition's offense look pretty god.

Gameday Food....for....thought....snacktime stuff

Fried Eggs, Chorizo, and Potatoes

This one is for all of you that will be hungover from partaking in college football. And by all of you, I mean me, because somehow I have a Saturday AND a Sunday off. When you're a chef, this is about as rare as Blaine Gabbert throwing a 40 yard touchdown pass. (I keed, I keed) Okay, it's about as rare as Ndamukong Suh not getting fined after a game. You get the picture. It's rare. And this is what I will be indulging on to recover from a day filled with brewskis and food and joy to prepare for...another day filled with brewskis and food and joy. It's a nice, starchy, fatty snack to help cure that hangover.

What you need:

2 cloves of garlic
4 large eggs
8 ounces of chorizo, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
1 Cup, and 3 tbsp of oil
2 potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 sprig of thyme
and of course, some salt n peppa

-Start off by taking your garlic, and smashing it on a cutting board. Yes, relish that thread titled "Pats going 16-0", thinking about how much it annoys you and take it out on the garlic. Take your 3 tablespoons of oil, throw it into a pan along with your garlic. Start the pan cold, then turn it on over medium heat. Once your garlic starts turning light-brown, this is your cue to add in your chorizo. It will cook up pretty fast, so pay attention! Once it cooks, remove it and the garlic from the pan, but leave the oil!
-Add in your potatoes to your nice, juicy, spicy, fatty chorizo oiled pan. Cook your potatoes to a beautiful golden brown. Make em' nice and crispy!
-Add in some thyme, then season.
-Add your chorizo back to the potatoes. Give them a nice toss.

-Now, take your cup of oil and crank it over high heat. Crack an egg into a glass. Tip your saute pan at a steep angle, getting all of the oil to one side. Slide your egg into the oil. What you're doing is poaching your egg in fat. Making it awesome. Remove your poached egg, and continue doing this same procedure with the other 4.

And there you have it. Heart attack? No. All of that fat is lubricating those coronaries brotha, making one big slip n' slide in your cardiovascular system!

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...

Last edited by Ramsfan28 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
dtwizzy2k8

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the way we played against Dallas I have a really bad feeling about this game. San Fran has struggled their last 2 games, but I think they'll come out with a chip on their shoulder's and beat us quite easily. We matched up well with them last year so hopefully I'm wrong and our players step up in primetime, but I don't have much faith in our coaching staff ATM.

One bright spot in our favor is the 9ers won't have Patrick Willis or Aldon Smith, so that's HUGE for our offense and keeping pressure off Bradford. Maybe Bradford will get time to throw and Jeff Fisher will encourage him to go downfield a bit more.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what to expect right now. I'm hoping they get their heads straight. Seems as if that defense got embarrassed and woke up though from the interview by JL. I'd like to see just once... A game with very few penalties. I'd like to see how we do with decent field position.

As for the game I'm not sure what to predict. I think they're going to try to run a lot after watching last weeks film. I also think the rams will try to run the ball a lot after watching last weeks film. I really have a feeling that tavon will get a big load of touches this week. I believe this will be a defensive battle and have a score of 23-16. Hoping for the best here

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me crazy, but I have what would be the opposite feeling about this game-- being very good.

My prediction-

Rams 31
9ers 13
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Call me crazy, but I have what would be the opposite feeling about this game-- being very good.

My prediction-

Rams 31
9ers 13

DON'T YOU BE DOING TO ME BOI!
DON'T DO THIS TO ME.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

My prediction-

Rams 31
9ers 13

DON'T YOU BE DOING TO ME BOI!
DON'T DO THIS TO ME.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That gif..hahahahaha

Anyway, win this game and out these 49ers to bed early. I'd rather you win the division than them......course you still gotta get passed us first Wink

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys so I'm coming all the way from Albuquerque, New Mexico to watch this game, and I'm super excited. Any tail gates or anything special pre-game that my family and I can attend that you can think of? I also will be attending the cardinal, Cubs game this Friday. Hoping for a great weekend. Thanks in advance guys!
RamRod

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I think this game will be very tight. The 49ers haven't been so hot either. Plus they're missing some key players. I think we'll also be ready since this is a divisional game.
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will win cuz I'll be there rooting them on. I was there last year when they beat the 49ers right next to Jenkins when he scooped it up for the TD. I'll never forget that. Go Rams we will win!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:
We will win cuz I'll be there rooting them on. I was there last year when they beat the 49ers right next to Jenkins when he scooped it up for the TD. I'll never forget that. Go Rams we will win!

Everybody pitch in your life's saving and buy this man a ticket to the other 6 road games.. I got 5 on it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

Everybody pitch in your life's saving and buy this man a ticket to the other 6 road games.. I got 5 on it.

Laughing I'll put in 20 per week

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

I live 20 minutes from the dome lol it is pretty cheap to go to games most games are only 20 bucks on stub hub.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

I live 20 minutes from the dome lol it is pretty cheap to go to games most games are only 20 bucks on stub hub.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
Hey guys so I'm coming all the way from Albuquerque, New Mexico to watch this game, and I'm super excited. Any tail gates or anything special pre-game that my family and I can attend that you can think of? I also will be attending the cardinal, Cubs game this Friday. Hoping for a great weekend. Thanks in advance guys!

Coming all the way from mexico to watch this team? Hope they dont screw you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:

Coming all the way from mexico to watch this team? Hope they dont screw you.

Hopefully it was a typo or a joke on your part... He is coming from NEW Mexico, not a different country Mexico.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: