Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Football Talk Week 5 + Clowney Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Django

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter King said a scout told him there are 9 first round talents at QB this year. (Obviously 9 wont go)

Bridgewater
Mariotta
Hundley
Manziel
Boyd
Mettenberger
Derek Carr
Murray
David Fales
(in no order)

I cant lie....Pryor is really going to have to light it up for us to NOT consider drafting one of these guys in the first two rounds. Even if he does...I still might not mind one of other QBs in the draft Laughing
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
Peter King said a scout told him there are 9 first round talents at QB this year. (Obviously 9 wont go)

Bridgewater
Mariotta
Hundley
Manziel
Boyd
Mettenberger
Derek Carr
Murray
David Fales
(in no order)

I cant lie....Pryor is really going to have to light it up for us to NOT consider drafting one of these guys in the first two rounds. Even if he does...I still might not mind one of other QBs in the draft Laughing

I agree, he better not get cocky now because there are 11 more games. He's finally got a clean shot, he better capitalize as there are some pretty talented QB's entering the league in 2014.

“If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I’m uncoachable, I’m unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Django

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Django wrote:

Bridgewater
Mariotta
Hundley
Manziel
Boyd
Mettenberger
Derek Carr
Murray
David Fales
(in no order)

I agree, he better not get cocky now because there are 11 more games. He's finally got a clean shot, he better capitalize as there are some pretty talented QB's entering the league in 2014.

Yep..

There can be no setbacks...

Reggie has already shown he'll go get two QBs to try and place over Pryor.

He's got to knock it out of the park like Russell Wilson did last year. Obviously he wont end up with 30 total Tds like Wilson did. However, the last 11 games.....He needs to get to about 22 imo...
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:

Bridgewater
Mariotta
Hundley
Manziel
Boyd
Mettenberger
Derek Carr
Murray
David Fales
(in no order)

My initial reaction to this list:
• I'm not that high on Pryor but I would take Pryor over every QB on this list
• That's means there will be great value in the 2nd & 3rd.
• My favorite 2014 QB isn't on this list.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Django

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Django wrote:

Bridgewater
Mariotta
Hundley
Manziel
Boyd
Mettenberger
Derek Carr
Murray
David Fales
(in no order)

Big Pryor fan....And I'd take 4 or 5 of those guys over Pryor Laughing But then again...I'd be hopeful Pryor is "good enough" so we can address other areas next year.

Who's your top QB?
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Django wrote:

Bridgewater
Mariotta
Hundley
Manziel
Boyd
Mettenberger
Derek Carr
Murray
David Fales
(in no order)

Who is your favorite? Carr is mine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Django wrote:

Bridgewater
Mariotta
Hundley
Manziel
Boyd
Mettenberger
Derek Carr
Murray
David Fales
(in no order)

Big Pryor fan....And I'd take 4 or 5 of those guys over Pryor Laughing But then again...I'd be hopeful Pryor is "good enough" so we can address other areas next year.

Who's your top QB?

I'm in the minority but I like the 2013 draft significantly more than 2014 but I believe it's because the 2014 is so young that I don't have a feel for it. Keeping that in mind. Top QB? Probably Bridgewater. Favorite QB? Brett Smith by far. Intriguing UDFA? Blake Bortles. I'm a weirdo. I'm obsessed with value and late round prospects.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Raider X wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Raider X wrote:
Lets hope Anthony Barr falls down to the Raiders

Where would he play? You are talking about converting a 34 OLB to a 43 SOLB. Moore looks like a developing prospect that has experience both standing and with his hand in the dirt. I have never seen Barr with his hand in the dirt. Explosive player but not the best fit.

Easy. DA will use him like how he used Von Miller @ denver

And what would the Raiders do with Sio Moore, who already plays SOLB and btw has a very solid rating for a rookie? Essentially, they currently play the same role so adding Barr would wash out Sio. That's a luxury the Raiders can't afford.

I've watched one of Barr's games. Amazing athleticism but his fundamentals are raw. Fails to consistently extend his arms and often ducks his head into blockers (concussion waiting to happen). I don't see where Sio is playing poorly enough to have his position addressed.

I read that Barr could move to DE in the NFL because of his size and lack of experience in coverage .
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Django wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Django wrote:

Bridgewater
Mariotta
Hundley
Manziel
Boyd
Mettenberger
Derek Carr
Murray
David Fales
(in no order)

Who's your top QB?

I'm in the minority but I like the 2013 draft significantly more than 2014 but I believe it's because the 2014 is so young that I don't have a feel for it. Keeping that in mind. Top QB? Probably Bridgewater. Favorite QB? Brett Smith by far. Intriguing UDFA? Blake Bortles. I'm a weirdo. I'm obsessed with value and late round prospects.

My man! Brett Smith is going to be a solid QB. I'm a Wyo native and watch every Wyo game. They've never had a QB like him. Has all the tools. Arm isn't elite, but he can make all the throws. His ability to throw on the run is what is really impressive. Kid is a leader through and through. Good eye Bagga.... nobody ever wants to talk about Brett Smith.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great ... We need Clowney to fall ...

When he gets to the NFL he's gonna love playing one on one again.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wizardg wrote:
This is great ... We need Clowney to fall ...

When he gets to the NFL he's gonna love playing one on one again.

+1 I was thinking the same thing if he falls somebody will get a steal hope it's us.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Raider X wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Raider X wrote:
Lets hope Anthony Barr falls down to the Raiders

Where would he play? You are talking about converting a 34 OLB to a 43 SOLB. Moore looks like a developing prospect that has experience both standing and with his hand in the dirt. I have never seen Barr with his hand in the dirt. Explosive player but not the best fit.

Easy. DA will use him like how he used Von Miller @ denver

And what would the Raiders do with Sio Moore, who already plays SOLB and btw has a very solid rating for a rookie? Essentially, they currently play the same role so adding Barr would wash out Sio. That's a luxury the Raiders can't afford.

I've watched one of Barr's games. Amazing athleticism but his fundamentals are raw. Fails to consistently extend his arms and often ducks his head into blockers (concussion waiting to happen). I don't see where Sio is playing poorly enough to have his position addressed.

I read that Barr could move to DE in the NFL because of his size and lack of experience in coverage .

With all due respect, this is EXACTLY what people said about Jarvis Jones, who coincidentally played a similar role of being exclusively a pass rusher and similarly, I'm not saying it can't be done, I have yet to see Barr play a single down with his hand in the dirt.

Which leads to Barr's draft stock. I would never ask a top 15 player to do something he has never done before and not adjust my expectations. Barr will go to a 34 team.

You asked about Clowney playing OLB once. Clowney does not have the fluid hips to play in space. Imo, he would look silly in space. In addition to the fact he has never played OLB. Clowney's uniqueness can be summed by an elite first step and it's length. Sheldon Richardson has one of the quickest first steps I'd ever seen. He doesn't anticipate snaps and still beats two guys off the ball that know the count. Not only is Clowney's first step quick but it's also long and you suggested that given that skill set perhaps he would better suited playing off the LoS.

Bonez wrote:
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clowned is getting clowned by scouts. Lot of talk about him doing whatever he feels like and how his demeanor looks. He told Spurrier he couldn't play because his ribs hurt. Analysts and reporters are saying he's worried about getting hurt and his draft stock falling.

Obviously the guy is talented as hell, but its a work ethic/professionalism thing.

Thoughts?

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Clowned is getting clowned by scouts. Lot of talk about him doing whatever he feels like and how his demeanor looks. He told Spurrier he couldn't play because his ribs hurt. Analysts and reporters are saying he's worried about getting hurt and his draft stock falling.

Obviously the guy is talented as hell, but its a work ethic/professionalism thing.

Thoughts?

Falling to what? 3rd? Even Finebaum admits "This is all storm & fury. Clowney will still be the number 1 pick". I cannot recall when I have ever seen a college player this mishandled (more like manhandled). No one will care about any of this bull in May. What a debacle.

Bonez wrote:
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

Thoughts?

Falling to what? 3rd? Even Finebaum admits "This is all storm & fury. Clowney will still be the number 1 pick". I cannot recall when I have ever seen a college player this mishandled (more like manhandled). No one will care about any of this bull in May. What a debacle.

It's going to change his contract. There will be language in his contract about incentives for workouts and to recoup the signing bonus.
I could see a long hold out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: