Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Football Talk Week 5 + Clowney Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:
bitty wrote:
This sums up Clowney's football season so far.
Week one excuse food poisoning
Week two excuse slight knee injury
Week three excuse bone spurs
Does anybody else see a trend here?

Update
Week four excuse bruised ribs

Yet, Bridgewater continues to be flawless. Amazing . . . .

I agree. Whatever the reasons, Clowney is only hurting his draft stock. First he was taking plays off, now he isn't playing in games period. Add in the stories of his poor work ethic and not following team rules, and he is going to fall a bit unless he turns it around soon.

Bridgewater is looking really good, though.

Bridgewater should look good. He literally hasn't played a challenging opponent all season. And won't until they get a bowl game. The fact they rank in the top 10 w/ their schedule is disgusting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:
bitty wrote:

Update

I agree. Whatever the reasons, Clowney is only hurting his draft stock. First he was taking plays off, now he isn't playing in games period. Add in the stories of his poor work ethic and not following team rules, and he is going to fall a bit unless he turns it around soon.

Bridgewater should look good. He literally hasn't played a challenging opponent all season. And won't until they get a bowl game. The fact they rank in the top 10 w/ their schedule is disgusting.

+1

I was being facetious. Any one who thinks their favorite prospect is flawless is OBVIOUSLY bias.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:
bitty wrote:

Update

+1

I was being facetious. Any one who thinks their favorite prospect is flawless is OBVIOUSLY bias.

Ha... I know you were being flippant Bagga.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:
bitty wrote:

Update

+1

Bridgewater is far from flawless, nor is he my favorite prospect (I dont think that comment was aimed at me, but I figured I would just add my 2 cents). The guy hasn't played any big time teams, I will give you that. He still looks like a good QB to me though. I believe a good QB is vital if you want to be in the Super Bowl hunt consistently. However, I do not view any QB right now as a cant-miss type. Even with recent events, Clowney is still a supreme talent at an area of need for us. Either way, the draft is too far away to make any projections, but I do like the top-end talent at WR, OL, DL, and LB so far for this draft.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
agarcia34

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyril Richardson from Baylor would be amazing pick if we can pick in the 15-20 range. Would be a instast starter at OG.
Raider X

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets hope Anthony Barr falls down to the Raiders
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raider X wrote:

Where would he play? You are talking about converting a 34 OLB to a 43 SOLB. Moore looks like a developing prospect that has experience both standing and with his hand in the dirt. I have never seen Barr with his hand in the dirt. Explosive player but not the best fit.
Raider X

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Raider X wrote:

Where would he play? You are talking about converting a 34 OLB to a 43 SOLB. Moore looks like a developing prospect that has experience both standing and with his hand in the dirt. I have never seen Barr with his hand in the dirt. Explosive player but not the best fit.

Easy. DA will use him like how he used Von Miller @ denver
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Barr is nowhere near the prospect that Von Miller was though. UCLA doesn't ask Barr to do anything other than rush the passer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barr needs to polish his pass rushing skills can't just rely on pure speed. I do understand why his pass rushing skills are not up there but he needs to work on it. And Barr is a top 10 pick if not top 5.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If, for whatever reason, we do not go QB or Clowney in the 1st, then my hypothetical, 6-months-too-early dream draft would look like this:

1) Trade down to the 10-15 range and take either Marquis Lee or Sammy Watkins

2) Use acquired picks and/or future picks to trade back into the late 1st and take Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Yes, the pass rush would be ignored until at least the 2nd (maybe even third, depending on what picks were traded) but we would have a playmaking #1 WR and a stud TE who would instantly become Pryor's BFF. Even if we have question marks at RB, Lee/Watkins, Moore, Streater, Seferian-Jenkins, Reece, and a dual-threat QB would give defenses fits. I'm sure most people would hate that, but our offense would become dangerous with those guys on the field.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raider X wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Raider X wrote:

And what would the Raiders do with Sio Moore, who already plays SOLB and btw has a very solid rating for a rookie? Essentially, they currently play the same role so adding Barr would wash out Sio. That's a luxury the Raiders can't afford.

I've watched one of Barr's games. Amazing athleticism but his fundamentals are raw. Fails to consistently extend his arms and often ducks his head into blockers (concussion waiting to happen). I don't see where Sio is playing poorly enough to have his position addressed.
Raider X

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Anthony Barr is nowhere near the prospect that Von Miller was though. UCLA doesn't ask Barr to do anything other than rush the passer.

This isn't true. He does drop back at times.
Raider X

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
Barr needs to polish his pass rushing skills can't just rely on pure speed. I do understand why his pass rushing skills are not up there but he needs to work on it. And Barr is a top 10 pick if not top 5.

He has already moved up in the draft. His stock is rising. You don't k now if he is not a top 10 pick. Dont get ahead of yourself. You have no clue what will happen in the next draft, as with me, but his stock has risen lately

Last edited by Raider X on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Raider X

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Raider X wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Raider X wrote:

And what would the Raiders do with Sio Moore, who already plays SOLB and btw has a very solid rating for a rookie? Essentially, they currently play the same role so adding Barr would wash out Sio. That's a luxury the Raiders can't afford.

I've watched one of Barr's games. Amazing athleticism but his fundamentals are raw. Fails to consistently extend his arms and often ducks his head into blockers (concussion waiting to happen). I don't see where Sio is playing poorly enough to have his position addressed.

Sio has been mia. I don't kn ow if he is playing through injury that is limiting him, but he looks like his explosion isnt there. You can move Bar around the line. I don't see the issue. DA is pretty flexible with his blitzing style

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: