Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rethinking the #1 pick (Geno Smith edition)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! No problem. We can respectfully agree to disagree. Go Chiefs.
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee1 wrote:
Great! No problem. We can respectfully agree to disagree. Go Chiefs.

Wow, that never happens...Im ok with agree to disagree. Go Chiefs! This week we will get to see another struggling rookie OT get handled by Houston. +/- double didgit total sack on the season for Houston after this week?

Props to LOTO on the sig.
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen, Zou! They will likely "account" for Houston, so look for somebody else named Hali or Poe to get pressure and have a great game.

This game concerns me because we know Coughlin and that defense is NOT the team that is 0-3. Hope they don't have their coming out party on our chiefs.

Chiefs 27- 13.
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zou, I must be getting mellow in my old age. lol Wink
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. It's three games against some of the best out there...I'll let the rook from the smaller school struggle.

2. Saying names like Thomas, Long etc. is a little misleading for people who make it, I don't think anyone would argue those guys weren't better coming out than anyone in this draft. You say QBs, but I could rattle off names like Wilson, Luck and RGIII and that is just out of 1 draft. See how it is misleading.

3. I'm still glad we took Fisher, particularly since we were trying to move Albert AND long term we probably won't be able to re-sign him this year anyway. I loved Ansah and some other players too, it's not like this team didn't have significant needs at other positions. It's very hard to judge impact, particularly when comparing other players at other positions for other teams. Ansah could be non-existent for us, as could Austin. Because people have been successful elsewhere doesn't mean it would happen here.

4. No matter where we picked, we were reaching in this draft truthfully. Yeah, Fisher could end up being a flop, just as easy as anyone else could have been. It's easy to look back and say well we should have done this or that. But if going in to the draft you would have told people Smith would fall like he did and Matt Barkley would be a 4th round pick they would have told you to sit and spin. It's all a crap shoot. I'll let Fisher play out the season before I think, wow we could have done better.
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
1. It's three games against some of the best out there...I'll let the rook from the smaller school struggle.

I dont really like the fact that he gets a pass just bc he is from a small school. I knoe he didn't face nearly as good of competition as guys from the SEC (joeckel, fluker) but we still chose him over every other player in the draft. If your the first pick in the draft, you should be ready to come in and produce. Obviously we haven't seen enough games yet to pass judgement, but I don't give him a pass just bc he played at Central Michigan. On the other hand, the fact that he switched sides to RT is a factor that could be causing him problems.

jimmydee1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I liked MOST about Fisher was that he used to be a TE. To me that means he hasn't been a big ole fat boy just growing into his body. He has some serious athletic skills and some speed/quickness a big ole fat boy can't be taught. Plus, he DOES have a nasty streak that will very definitely come out when the game slows down and he gets comfortable.

Like the old saying...."God grant me patience....NOW!!!!"
simonwayne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts from then to now haven't changed.

I am not that aware of what our cap situation will be like next year, but it depends on that. If we are able to resign Albert after this year then I would have drafted Ziggy. If not then Fisher.
jimmydee1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert apparently has an over inflated opinion of his own worth, based on pre-season talks, and that likely isn't gonna change.

Just really don't see us signing him. Just a feeling. But, if we do, and he gets his LT ego out of the way, we move Albert to LG, Fisher to LT, find a quality vet for RT, or draft another. Don't forget about Stephenson....he's likely to come a long way with Reid.
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee1 wrote:
Albert apparently has an over inflated opinion of his own worth, based on pre-season talks, and that likely isn't gonna change.

Just really don't see us signing him. Just a feeling. But, if we do, and he gets his LT ego out of the way, we move Albert to LG, Fisher to LT, find a quality vet for RT, or draft another. Don't forget about Stephenson....he's likely to come a long way with Reid.

If we could convince albert to move to guard it would really help solve our interior line problem. Id like to see us resign him, but we are gonna be facing cap issues. Stephenson to RT sounds like a good fix in this situation. Fisher, Albert, Hudson, Aso, Stephenson sounds good to me. As always though, depth is a concern and we really need more.

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zou, sorry I wasn't clear. All I'm saying is after three games, the sky isn't really falling for me. He didn't face this level of competition, so adapting to a "new" position and to facing higher level players goes hand in hand in my opinion. I didn't mean to sound like I was giving him a "pass" simply stating that I can understand some growing pains.

In terms of Albert playing guard, I really think we have to let that dream go, he's once again playing like our best O-linemen, has thus-far stayed relatively healthy and even at top OG money I'm not sure we could re-sign him with how our current cap will shake out.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm still behind him 100%. Let's be clear here, he has played terrible so far this season. Been by far our worst linemen, and for the love of all that is holy, please stop getting beat to the inside Evil or Very Mad

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would argue Jeff Allen has played just as bad as Fisher. Which only makes things worse, he has no help to the outside as our TEs are bush league at best right now.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I would argue Jeff Allen has played just as bad as Fisher. Which only makes things worse, he has no help to the outside as our TEs are bush league at best right now.

You leave "Duck Dynasty" McGrath alone Evil or Very Mad

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:23/Sacks:7:FF:1/FR:0
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
In terms of Albert playing guard, I really think we have to let that dream go, he's once again playing like our best O-linemen, has thus-far stayed relatively healthy and even at top OG money I'm not sure we could re-sign him with how our current cap will shake out.

Yea your probably right, but I can still dream lol.

Do you think we move Fisher to LT next year and have Stephenson play RT?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: