Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Houston, we have a problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

offense blows yet another game today...Tates fumble gives them 3 and then Schaub gift wraps another pick 6, 10 points just like that....we lose.

Cant wait for Jacobys Homey and Apollo Stallions excuses this week, along with how Schaub is an Elite (top AFC qb I believe Apollo says) quarterback.....smh
kanedafx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
offense blows yet another game today...Tates fumble gives them 3 and then Schaub gift wraps another pick 6, 10 points just like that....we lose.

Cant wait for Jacobys Homey and Apollo Stallions excuses this week, along with how Schaub is an Elite (top AFC qb I believe Apollo says) quarterback.....smh

It's gonna be tough for the Schaub and Kubiak defenders to find the silver lining here, but I can't wait to hear their excuses, personally.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still a Kubiak fan, but I'm tired of Schaub, but I'm not sure there is a better option right now
JOHNNY TEXAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
I'm still a Kubiak fan, but I'm tired of Schaub, but I'm not sure there is a better option right now

Josh Freeman.....At least he can run for a few 1st downs
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOHNNY TEXAN wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

You honestly think Josh Freeman would be better? The same Josh Freeman who completed less than half his passes in the first three games, and averaged almost 20 picks a season his last two seasons?

Sig by matthouston91
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
JOHNNY TEXAN wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

You honestly think Josh Freeman would be better? The same Josh Freeman who completed less than half his passes in the first three games, and averaged almost 20 picks a season his last two seasons?

No to Josh Freeman. No to Kirk Cousins. No to Colt McCoy. No to Vince Young. (Nobody has mentioned the names yet, but I know they're coming...)

There needs to be a change at QB, but it's none of the names that will no doubt be mentioned en masse over the next six days. (I'm not sold on Johnny Manziel either, but at the very least, it's a decision in the right direction, looking for your next QB in the draft).

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
JOHNNY TEXAN wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

No to Josh Freeman. No to Kirk Cousins. No to Colt McCoy. No to Vince Young. (Nobody has mentioned the names yet, but I know they're coming...)

There needs to be a change at QB, but it's none of the names that will no doubt be mentioned en masse over the next six days. (I'm not sold on Johnny Manziel either, but at the very least, it's a decision in the right direction, looking for your next QB in the draft).

Brandon Weedens available
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm at it - I'd say Gary Kubiak has two more games to show that he can control this team and get it to play at a level consistent of its talent. I don't think anyone can state that the Texans don't have some impressive impact players at each level, save for QB. Top tier OL, top tier WR unit with one of the league's best, top tier RB unit, top tier DL with the best defensive player in the league, top tier LB crew with a dominant ILB and an emerging OLB in Whitney Mercilius, top tier secondary with a future HOF in Ed Reed and two competent CBs in Jon Joseph and Kareem Jackson.

Despite that massive collection in talent, this team has underperformed since about week 11 of last season. After a while, you have to make an assumption that the talent isn't the issue, the guy managing the talent is. That's on Kubiak, no matter how much you try to butter that bread up. He's supposed to be an offensive guru, yet his offense is inconsistent, incapable of making plays when the game is on the line. He's supposed to be a masterful playcaller, yet his offense is predictable, right down to the dumb decisions made at the most critical times in the game. His handpicked QB has had moments in which he looks good, but when the intensity of the moment is at its height, he plays his worst. Kubiak can say his decision making needs to be better, but he's partially at fault for the bad decisions, as he's the one who is working with this guy the days leading up to the game.

They say if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem...and Kubiak hasn't solved anything in his time here, save for some flashy fantasy football stats that don't equal wins.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im telling you know..It's going to get ugly for Schaub at home when he messes up. I heard some people were burning Schaub jerseys after the game today. I mean, I not confident in Schaub as I was at first, but come on. Laughing

As for the QB change, it's only 1 logical explanation.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, disagree about Gary and I know I will be almost all alone.

This team is performing great everywhere except qb and special teams. You could blame Gary for keeping Marciano, even though others had to agree like Smith and McNair, so blaming just Gary would be narrow minded, its an organizational decision that is flat out the wrong choice.

Our run game is great, our defense is great, our wrs and tes are great. Matt Schaub is LITERALLY the only thing wrong with this team right now. Plain and simple.

Sure our defense will make bone head plays every now and then and give up a long drive a game, but they aren't gonna pitch shut outs EVERY game. The other team is paid also. Take away our gift wrapped pick 6s and our special teams plays and were one of the best defenses, so while Jackson and Joseph will make stupid plays they aren't losing us games

Not to say they WON'T, but right now, we're 2-2 and not 4-0 because of Matt Shcaub. Not Gary Kubiak.
kanedafx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

This team is performing great everywhere except qb and special teams. You could blame Gary for keeping Marciano, even though others had to agree like Smith and McNair, so blaming just Gary would be narrow minded, its an organizational decision that is flat out the wrong choice.

Our run game is great, our defense is great, our wrs and tes are great. Matt Schaub is LITERALLY the only thing wrong with this team right now. Plain and simple.

Sure our defense will make bone head plays every now and then and give up a long drive a game, but they aren't gonna pitch shut outs EVERY game. The other team is paid also. Take away our gift wrapped pick 6s and our special teams plays and were one of the best defenses, so while Jackson and Joseph will make stupid plays they aren't losing us games

Not to say they WON'T, but right now, we're 2-2 and not 4-0 because of Matt Shcaub. Not Gary Kubiak.

Please don't even mention the defense. They are playing at a top 3 level, you CANNOT expect more.

Here is what you CAN expect from Kubiak:

-stepping on the other team's throat when you've gotten a large lead. you have to make sure they CAN'T come back. today is inexcusable. zero points in the 2nd half is inexcusable.

-holding Matt Schaub accountable. a couple of sound bites at a press conference doesn't cut the mustard. he MUST be benched after that many pick 6's.

-red zone playcalling and a lot of his playcalling in general is questionable.

You're right that this team has too much amazing talent to fail, but you're wrong if you put it ALL on Schaub.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kanedafx wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Please don't even mention the defense. They are playing at a top 3 level, you CANNOT expect more.

-stepping on the other team's throat when you've gotten a large lead. you have to make sure they CAN'T come back. today is inexcusable. zero points in the 2nd half is inexcusable.

-holding Matt Schaub accountable. a couple of sound bites at a press conference doesn't cut the mustard. he MUST be benched after that many pick 6's.

You're right that this team has too much amazing talent to fail, but you're wrong if you put it ALL on Schaub.

First off, read my post before you accuse me of putting anything on our defense....and secondly, our play calls get us in the red zone where our qb acts stupid and forgets how to play qb...nothing to do with the plays
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
kanedafx wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

First off, read my post before you accuse me of putting anything on our defense....and secondly, our play calls get us in the red zone where our qb acts stupid and forgets how to play qb...nothing to do with the plays

Remember that this QB is the same hand picked QB of this coach. And, let's not pretend that this is some new development; The wheels started to come off of Matt sometime after the Lions game last season. Yet, the coach made the decision to let him sit where he is, with no sort of acknowledgement that he was part of the problem (in fact, the team went out of their way to defend Matt Schaub in last seasons' late season slide...)

Food for thought - the Texans are slated to throw the ball 708 times this season, which would be a career high for Schaub, by a pretty big margin. Yet, in the midst of what could be a career year for Ben Tate (in a contract year, no less) and with Arian Foster finding his wheels again, we're slated to have about 452 carries between those two players. Matt doesn't call the plays, Gary calls the plays...and it's clear he's trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, taking a game managing QB and turning him into Hercules, not letting him lean on the two assets that can probably yield the best results for this offense.

That is ALL on the HC. Nobody else.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
kanedafx wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Remember that this QB is the same hand picked QB of this coach. And, let's not pretend that this is some new development; The wheels started to come off of Matt sometime after the Lions game last season. Yet, the coach made the decision to let him sit where he is, with no sort of acknowledgement that he was part of the problem (in fact, the team went out of their way to defend Matt Schaub in last seasons' late season slide...)

Food for thought - the Texans are slated to throw the ball 708 times this season, which would be a career high for Schaub, by a pretty big margin. Yet, in the midst of what could be a career year for Ben Tate (in a contract year, no less) and with Arian Foster finding his wheels again, we're slated to have about 452 carries between those two players. Matt doesn't call the plays, Gary calls the plays...and it's clear he's trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, taking a game managing QB and turning him into Hercules, not letting him lean on the two assets that can probably yield the best results for this offense.

That is ALL on the HC. Nobody else.

While I agree on some of that, we've gone to OT in 2 of 4 games and our defense has pitched more 3 and outs than any team in the league at this point....that means our offense is on the field longer and runs more plays.....The game flow has been fine, Matt has not thrown an over abundance of times so far based on watching the game.....he just sucks...plain and simple, hes getting worse
biggio7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, you know what I see in this Texans team; The Eagles Era of McNabb and Reid. They were good just never good enough. There were never able to really put it all together and were so inconsistent and could never win the big game or were that great under pressure.

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: