Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who will take Ross' spot?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squire12

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Cobb is out for a few weeks (hoping that is best case scenario) and James Jones getting injured as well, will the Packers need to make a noted roster move to bring up a WR or 2? Given how deep they are along the DL, could someone like CJ Wilson get traded vs having to cut someone. We also have a few players on PUP that will start practicing soon that may require more open spots on the 53.

THoughts and options on this??
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize that I am completely contradicting myself from three weeks ago, but that's my right as a fan. Gimme a few weeks and I'll change my mind again. Laughing

I think the best thing scenario (especially if Cobb and JJ miss time) is to bring Jeremy Ross back. I do not want him anywhere near returns, but I think there is some value for him as a WR.

He knows the system, he has some chemistry with A-Rod. And, even if Cobb and JJ do not miss substantial time, he is a fine insurance policy just in case.

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
Kal-El

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Ross recently signed with DET, if I recall.

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
^ Ross recently signed with DET, if I recall.

Signed to the practice squad. He would likely take an active roster position/salary.

I Am Rodgers wrote:
squire12

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
I realize that I am completely contradicting myself from three weeks ago, but that's my right as a fan. Gimme a few weeks and I'll change my mind again. Laughing

I think the best thing scenario (especially if Cobb and JJ miss time) is to bring Jeremy Ross back. I do not want him anywhere near returns, but I think there is some value for him as a WR.

He knows the system, he has some chemistry with A-Rod. And, even if Cobb and JJ do not miss substantial time, he is a fine insurance policy just in case.

I would not be against that, but would hope to have more to pick from than just Ross.
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:

I would not be against that, but would hope to have more to pick from than just Ross.

In the middle of the year, to find someone who knows the offense and can contribute immediately, I think Ross is the best of what we can hope for.

Ross>Boykin IMO...

I Am Rodgers wrote:
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
squire12 wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:

In the middle of the year, to find someone who knows the offense and can contribute immediately, I think Ross is the best of what we can hope for.

Ross>Boykin IMO...

Give Boykin a game to settle in. That was the chance Boykin has been looking for. Young man crapped the bed for a few plays there. Sucks, but it happens often at this level. Man has no history with any of the red he put on tape today though.

I view that in bold above as football player VS athlete though and I'm just one that takes the player damn near every time. That said, Boykin is not a good enough athlete to get away with games like he just had. Needs to do it better than the next guy and has a history of doing so. Needs to come to work next week. NO EXCUSES!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross will almost certainly be back along with Tyrone Walker and/or Myles White.

I would have to guess 2-3 of those are signed unless Jones can play.

Myles white almost definitely because we have the flexibility of just grabbing him from the PS.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:

Myles white almost definitely because we have the flexibility of just grabbing him from the PS.

We don't need that many WR's, just one of those guys will be brought in. We have Neal, Mulumba and Palmer at OLB and Hawk, Lattimore and Barrington as ILB's, our need for LB will make it impossible to bring in two WR's. Remember, none of these injuries seem IR worthy (hopefully!!) so we are going to have to cut two good football players to make room as well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:

We don't need that many WR's, just one of those guys will be brought in. We have Neal, Mulumba and Palmer at OLB and Hawk, Lattimore and Barrington as ILB's, our need for LB will make it impossible to bring in two WR's. Remember, none of these injuries seem IR worthy (hopefully!!) so we are going to have to cut two good football players to make room as well.

We'll have to sign 2 if jones and cobb are both out. I don't think we're going in to a game with only 2 WRs and Finley. Tough cuts, yep. But they're gonna happen.

Probably looking at 3 signings between LB/WR now with perry having a broken foot.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schefter just floated Tavarres King out there. I for one would be in favor of that.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:

We'll have to sign 2 if jones and cobb are both out. I don't think we're going in to a game with only 2 WRs and Finley. Tough cuts, yep. But they're gonna happen.

Probably looking at 3 signings between LB/WR now with perry having a broken foot.

Finley will be a WR this week, can almost guarantee it. Jordy, Boykin, Fin and someone brought in. Makes no sense to cut a good football player for 2 WR's, then when Cobb and Jones come back we'll have 6. a 4th WR won't be necessary to game plan for Cleveland.

Sad thing is, this really hurts Worthy, Richardson, Tretter and Sherrod. The roster moves we make are going to be out of necessity to have enough WR's and LB's on our roster. We are pretty healthy at DL, OL and DB's, so to cut someone from our roster to activate one of them may not be possible.

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBitzMan wrote:
Schefter just floated Tavarres King out there. I for one would be in favor of that.

That guy looked fantastic at the Senior Bowl. If we could make something out of him that would be incredible. How soon can he start actually contributing though? Doesn't necessarily seem like the type of player we need RIGHT NOW.
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBitzMan wrote:

looks like there's something to this rumor...... i would not disagree
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
TheBitzMan wrote:

That guy looked fantastic at the Senior Bowl. If we could make something out of him that would be incredible. How soon can he start actually contributing though? Doesn't necessarily seem like the type of player we need RIGHT NOW.

"poach and develop"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: