Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens 2014 Offseason Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo. I'm still on the Furstenburg Bandwagon, and I'm not getting off.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Furstenburg even that great at Maryland? I was optimistic about him but I'm not completely befuddled about it.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I'm VERY surprised they released Furstenburg.

I'm not really. He's kind of redundant with Pitta, Daniels, Gilmore and Juice on the roster, and despite his Combine profile, he is still very much a project for whomever he lands with next.

I wish him luck, but his release won't have any effect on the team.
Integrity

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooselovechild wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I'm not really. He's kind of redundant with Pitta, Daniels, Gilmore and Juice on the roster, and despite his Combine profile, he is still very much a project for whomever he lands with next.

I'm willing to bet that he ends up on the Ravens' practice squad again this year.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
gooselovechild wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I'm willing to bet that he ends up on the Ravens' practice squad again this year.

i thought he would be part of the ravens long term plan. with pitta signed, daniels, and gilmore(who i think will be a very solid te in the future) I could see him stashed on the practice squad if no other team takes him, and being a solid number 3 with a few clutch catches and good blocking in a few years

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's not good enough for the 90 man roster, I'm not seeing practice squad being a likely scenario.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After signing C.J. Mosley the only draft pick left is Terrance Brooks. Baltimore currently has $4,385,652 in cap space but Brooks' eventual contract will only lower that amount by roughly $40,000 given the Rule of 51.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Mellette and Adrian Hamilton have been waived. I thought they would let Mellette battle it out for the last receiver spot with Campanaro, Thompson, and maybe even some of the undrafted rookies. Hamilton seemed to be a young pass-rusher the team liked but I could easily see him never beating out the five guys ahead of him for playing time so that's not a huge surprise.

I'm guessing a move or two will be made soon to replace them on the roster. With the four veteran cornerbacks trying out at least one of them sounds like a sure bet to make the team now.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Aaron Mellette and Adrian Hamilton have been waived. I thought they would let Mellette battle it out for the last receiver spot with Campanaro, Thompson, and maybe even some of the undrafted rookies. Hamilton seemed to be a young pass-rusher the team liked but I could easily see him never beating out the five guys ahead of him for playing time so that's not a huge surprise.

I'm guessing a move or two will be made soon to replace them on the roster. With the four veteran cornerbacks trying out at least one of them sounds like a sure bet to make the team now.

Yeah I'm surprised about Mellette this early in the process. He showed some signs last year enough that we IR'd him over PS. He had size that we don't really have with a lot of our WRs outside of Brown. But, I guess he doesn't really offer ST ability like Thompson, the same niche like Campanaro and Marlon Brown showed he can play the size role.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a bit of a surprise. I'm guessing he was out of shape or not working hard enough or something.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider 1h
adrian Hamilton and aaron Mellette failed physicals

Quote:
Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider 6h
Aaron Mellette was clearly still having problems with his knee. It was more of a gray area for Adrian Hamilton

That makes sense then. Might be a chance Mellette gets put on IR again.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been a few mentions of Mellette struggling with his knee injury. I guess it was worse than they were led to believe. Even without him, there should be plenty of competition for the WR spots.

Hamilton seems like a perennial Practice Squad/borderline depth guy anyway, so I don't think he's much of a loss.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m
Ravens are signing linebacker Austin Spitler, according to a source

He's a special teams guy. Seems like a camp depth type of move. Still one open roster spot.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are signing Aaron Ross and Dominique Franks after their tryouts, so it looks like we've got our 3rd and 4th CB's and also some good ST guys there.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
We are signing Aaron Ross and Dominique Franks after their tryouts, so it looks like we've got our 3rd and 4th CB's and also some good ST guys there.

I wouldn't be so sure either of them even make the team, let alone play significant roles in the defense. Franks will have to shine on ST to even make the roster, because as a CB, he isn't any better than Brown or Jackson. Ross can't stay healthy, and if he makes the team we almost have to keep Jackson and Brown too for when the inevitable happens.

It's more likely a veteran will be added after cutdowns than either of these guys playing any substantial role this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: