Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens 2014 Offseason Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 12m
Tight end Ed Dickson is likely to sign with the Panthers today during his visit, according to a source. On his way to Carolina now

That's kind of interesting. Dickson might have a good shot at their #2 tight end spot and could end up playing quite a bit if their receiver situation isn't resolved (outside of Cotchery and Avant being added).
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With their current receiving corps, he might end up starting at WR, never mind being the #2 TE.

I hope it works out for him, because he's got ability, but just couldn't ever apply it consistently.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dickson did end up signing with the Panthers on a 1-year deal for the veteran's minimum with a $65,000 signing bonus. The only former Ravens from the final roster last season that don't have a new team yet are Dallas Clark, Bernard Scott, Brandon Stokley, and Vonta Leach.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Dickson did end up signing with the Panthers on a 1-year deal for the veteran's minimum with a $65,000 signing bonus. The only former Ravens from the final roster last season that don't have a new team yet are Dallas Clark, Bernard Scott, Brandon Stokley, and Vonta Leach.

Didn't Stokley retire? And Clark should, but I could see him signing with the Pats or Broncos right before camp to chase one last ring too.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Stokley officially retired yet, but it sure sounded like that's what he was doing. There hasn't been anything on Clark or Leach as far as I know.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read responses from non-Ravens fans about the Panthers signing Dickson I get the feeling that the vast majority of those people haven't watched him play with Baltimore at all and are still going off of his draft profile. I mean things like "he'll be a great #2 behind Olsen!" or "that's one of the best tight end duos in the league!" make me chuckle a bit. Is it just me?

For the veteran's minimum he's a fine signing but I wouldn't expect anything from Dickson. Anything else (positive stuff at least) is a bonus. A change of scenery for a guy like him might actually be relevant here but if he is relied on as anything more than a somewhat decent blocking tight end I would be worried.
drd23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
When I read responses from non-Ravens fans about the Panthers signing Dickson I get the feeling that the vast majority of those people haven't watched him play with Baltimore at all and are still going off of his draft profile. I mean things like "he'll be a great #2 behind Olsen!" or "that's one of the best tight end duos in the league!" make me chuckle a bit. Is it just me?

I haven't read any of the fan reaction to the that signing, but in regards to the bolded then wouldn't the Ravens have had one of the best TE duos over the past 4 years and made a bit more of an effort to keep that together? Laughing

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
JPPT1974

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

I haven't read any of the fan reaction to the that signing, but in regards to the bolded then wouldn't the Ravens have had one of the best TE duos over the past 4 years and made a bit more of an effort to keep that together? Laughing

It is always good to have two TE. One blocking and one catching!
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPPT1974 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

It is always good to have two TE. One blocking and one catching!

Except Pitta can't block and Dickson can't do either catching or blocking!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 19m
WR LaQuan Williams has officially rejoined the Ravens. Was briefly with the Patriots last yr. after getting injury settlement from Ravens

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 1m
It's a one-year contract for former Maryland wide receiver LaQuan Williams to rejoin the Ravens

Meh. I'd be surprised if he made the roster.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a little surprised he didn't make it last year over Tandon Doss.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 1h
Ravens are signing former Jaguars fullback Shaun Chapas today, according to a source

I'd assume he's just a camp body but maybe Kubiak does want a lead blocker here.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/468460378989400064
Quote:
#Ravens signed former #Jaguars G Will Rackley. Started 25 games for the Jags, but missed 22 due to injury.

Amazing guy who will do a ton of community work for the city, but he's not good. And he doesn't fit your scheme at all. I wish him the best though, people like him, you really want to see succeed.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/19/ravens-sign-will-rackley-two-others/

In addition to Chapas and Rackley the Ravens also signed Phillip Supernaw, a tight end who was previously with Houston. To make room for these new additions Baltimore released Matt Furstenburg, D.J. Bryant, and Cody Larsen.

It really looks like they're just signing camp bodies.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm VERY surprised they released Furstenburg.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: