Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT: Seahawks @ Texans
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Key to this Game
T.O.P.
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Field Position
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Turnover Battle
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

imani

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Week 4 GDT: Seahawks @ Texans Reply with quote

Thursday Injury Report

SEAHAWKS

Did not participate in practice: RB Spencer Ware (ankle), T Breno Giacomini (knee), S Jeron Johnson (hamstring).

Limited: DT Jordan Hill (biceps), C Max Unger (arm).

Full: CB Brandon Browner (hamstring), LB Malcolm Smith (hamstring), WR Jermaine Kearse (ankle), DE Red Bryant (back), DE Michael Bennett (groin), G JR Sweezy (back), RB Marshawn Lynch (not injury related).

TEXANS

Did not participate: LB Tim Dobbins (hamstring), CB Kareem Jackson (illness), CB Johnathan Joseph (toe), LB Darryl Sharpton (hip/foot).

Limited: T Duane Brown (toe), TE Owen Daniels (NIR/rest), TE Garrett Graham (hip/groin), FS Ed Reed (hip), WR Andre Johnson (shin), G Wade Smith (knee).

Full: LB Brian Cushing (knee/ankle), RB Arian Foster (thumb), CB Brice McCain (knee), T Derek Newton (knee/calf), CB Chris Myers (back), WR DeVier Posey (achilles), QB Matt Schaub (ankle), RB Ben Tate (shoulder).

Notes

Quote:
1. Seattle has six players who are averaging more than 15 yards per catch this season -- receivers Jermaine Kearse (22.2), Doug Baldwin (19.7), Sidney Rice (15.9) and Golden Tate (15.Cool, and tight ends Kellen Davis (15.5) and Luke Willson (15.2). As a team, the Seahawks are averaging 14.7 yards per reception.

2. The Seahawks are No. 1 in total defense (yards allowed) and the Texans are No. 2. However, Seattle has allowed an NFL best 9.0 points per game while Houston has allowed 27.3. That’s a little misleading. Last week at Baltimore, Texans quarterback Matt Schaub had a pick-six and the Ravens also had a punt return for a touchdown.

3. Seattle has allowed no more than 17 points in eight straight regular-season games dating back to last season, the longest such streak since the New York Jets from 2009-10. The only team to have nine straight games with no more than 17 points allowed in the last 10 years is the 2007-08 Tennessee Titans

4. Seattle’s defense has five interceptions in the first three games and the Texans have one.

5. The Seahawks have won eight straight regular-season games, their longest win streak since winning 11 in a row in 2005 when they finished 13-3 and advanced to Super Bowl XL (losing to the Pittsburgh Steelers).

6. In his one game against Seattle, Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson caught 11 passes for 193 yards and two touchdowns. However, that was 2009. None of the four starters in the Seattle secondary were on the Seahawks team then.

7. Since Week 9 of last season, the Seahawks lead the NFL is yards rushing at 4,189 yards for a 4.4-yard average.

8. Since the 2003 season, Seattle is third in the NFL in September record at 24-11, a .686 percentage.

9. The Seahawks lead the NFL in points differential in the first three games at plus-59.

10. Over 38 percent of Russell Wilson’s pass attempts this season are play-action passes, the highest rate in the NFL.

11. Since his rookie season of 2011, cornerback Richard Sherman leads the NFL in interceptions with 13 and passes defensed with 45.

12. Seattle has won three consecutive road games for the first time under Pete Carroll. Before its current win streak, Seattle was 6-16 on the road under Carroll. He never has coached a game against the Texans.

More to come later............

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Last edited by imani on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is going to be a fun one.

Andre Johnson and Deandre Hopkins against BB and Richard Sherman. Wouldn't be surprised to see Watt lined up against McQuistan all game, Russell is probably going to be running for his life.

Could be our first loss, but with the talent this team has, you have to feel good about every game.

IDOG_det

#JDI
imani

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually don't feel good about this game. If Duane Brown and Andre Johnson end up having to sit however, i'll have a returned confidence. But this is our toughest road opponent in the regular season since the 49ers of last year.

Russell is going to have to take another step in this game

klyon7634

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a tough game. I am really worried about our O-Line against JJ Watt. I hope we get to see Andre Johnson vs Richard Sherman.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Brown has to sit for them, I feel a little better. Obviously Watt is the premier pass rusher of the group, but them losing their LT means our rotation of Avril and Clem will get to feast on 2nd string talent too.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
houstonX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:

Andre Johnson and Deandre Hopkins against BB and Richard Sherman. Wouldn't be surprised to see Watt lined up against McQuistan all game, Russell is probably going to be running for his life.

Could be our first loss, but with the talent this team has, you have to feel good about every game.

Not if the Seahawks are playing on the road.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
but them losing their LT means our rotation of Avril and Clem will get to feast on 2nd string talent too.

And schaub can't evade the pressure like Wilson

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

houstonX wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:

We're not bad on the road. We're actually pretty good. We're exceptionally good at home.

ram29jackson wrote:
imani

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
houstonX wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:

We're not bad on the road. We're actually pretty good. We're exceptionally good at home.

I don't know about all that

Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
houstonX wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:

I don't know about all that
pretty good = above average.

ram29jackson wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a fair amount of the Houston/Baltimore game on Sunday. The Houston offense did not look good. Their D looked fierce, though. A special teams blunder and a bad throw by Schaub that was returned for a TD led to the score being so one-sided for Baltimore.

JJ Watt is probably licking his chops while watching film of our O-line. I think PC and Tom Cable are going to have to do a bit of extra game planning to keep Watt off of Wilson. They did a fine job of protecting McQuistan when he came in against Aldon Smith, but Watt seems to move around the D more than Smith does. If Watt gets constant pressure and creates havoc in the backfield he could single-handedly win the game for Houston.

Being on the road is always a concern for the 'Hawks. There is always an uneasy feeling that the team just won't be able to get up for the game, case in point, both playoff games last year. That said, I feel more confident in this team than any other 'Hawks team in the past. These guys seem to be motivated so far this year, this is going to be a big test.

I think the key to this game is going to be turnovers. If the 'Hawks can win that battle it means that they have gotten in Schaub's face and also, at least in part, neutralized JJ Watt and Houston's D.

I think this is going to be a close game and it could easily be our first loss of the season.
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we score at least 21 points I think we should be good. I'm not really worried about their offense against our defense. We should get some good pressure on Shaubby (especially if Brown is out) and I just don't see him being able to be very successful passing against us. We must stop their run game though.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
chpjns15

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If our offense shows up, Im not to worried about this game. Otherwise, it could be scary.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Defense has to set the tone. If they do that, then I'm very confident in this game.
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have to get the running game going early, that's the key

if we take their d-lines focus off the pass and gears in on stopping marshawn we'll set up play some play action boots for wilson

this is the game where i expect wilson to prove he is a franchise quarterback and not a 8-12 ranked above average game manager

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

Jump to: