Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT: Eagles/Broncos POST GAME LUV BOAT w/ VINDXXX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95, 96  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 17017
Location: Peppers90 on the sig, Justo on the avy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
That'd be great..wish we would have done that in this offseason though.


I doubt we keep Cole after this season anyway. Graham might stay for depth....


Only players worth a damn...

Cox, Barwin, Wolff, Boykin, Curry....maybe Kendricks, Thornton, Fletcher, and Logan. Maybe Chung.


Get as many draft picks as possible......

Sign a couple young FA starters....(ideally) Brandon Spikes or Donald Butler at ILB, Sam Shields at CB, maybe even Brandon Browner, Jairus Byrd at safety. Would love any of those guys.


I just hope to all that is holy we go QB in the first. Then go pass rusher, then BPA.

What the hell has Wolff done that makes him "worth a damn?" Laughing. Just because he is your draft crush doesn't mean he is worth a damn. He has looked liked crap in his limited time. Am I seeing we should give up on him? Of course not he is young and just a rookie, but we definitely should be actively looking to upgrade at S unless Wolff magically progresses into a quality safety.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SiLo


Joined: 05 Sep 2009
Posts: 11223
Location: Dade County
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
That'd be great..wish we would have done that in this offseason though.


I doubt we keep Cole after this season anyway. Graham might stay for depth....


Only players worth a damn...

Cox, Barwin, Wolff, Boykin, Curry....maybe Kendricks, Thornton, Fletcher, and Logan. Maybe Chung.


Get as many draft picks as possible......

Sign a couple young FA starters....(ideally) Brandon Spikes or Donald Butler at ILB, Sam Shields at CB, maybe even Brandon Browner, Jairus Byrd at safety. Would love any of those guys.


I just hope to all that is holy we go QB in the first. Then go pass rusher, then BPA.

What the hell has Wolff done that makes him "worth a damn?" Laughing. Just because he is your draft crush doesn't mean he is worth a damn. He has looked liked crap in his limited time. Am I seeing we should give up on him? Of course not he is young and just a rookie, but we definitely should be actively looking to upgrade at S unless Wolff magically progresses into a quality safety.


He has pretty good rating in madden Wink
_________________

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7604
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
That'd be great..wish we would have done that in this offseason though.


I doubt we keep Cole after this season anyway. Graham might stay for depth....


Only players worth a damn...

Cox, Barwin, Wolff, Boykin, Curry....maybe Kendricks, Thornton, Fletcher, and Logan. Maybe Chung.


Get as many draft picks as possible......

Sign a couple young FA starters....(ideally) Brandon Spikes or Donald Butler at ILB, Sam Shields at CB, maybe even Brandon Browner, Jairus Byrd at safety. Would love any of those guys.


I just hope to all that is holy we go QB in the first. Then go pass rusher, then BPA.

What the hell has Wolff done that makes him "worth a damn?" Laughing. Just because he is your draft crush doesn't mean he is worth a damn. He has looked liked crap in his limited time. Am I seeing we should give up on him? Of course not he is young and just a rookie, but we definitely should be actively looking to upgrade at S unless Wolff magically progresses into a quality safety.



Reading comprehension is key here, RMIB.

Wolff is IMO worth a damn because he is a talented rookie who has shown at least enough potential to warrant being given a shot, and I think he is going to earn the starting position.
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7604
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Pretty much the only guys on our D who we shouldn't be looking to actively upgrade are

3-4 DE/4-3 DT Fletcher Cox (His play has been inconsistent so far this year, but he was the 12th overall pick just a year ago thus his spot is pretty much protected for the first few years as he develops into what we hope is a pass rushing force from the interior)

CB Brandon Boykin (He is a good slot corner, and can hold his own on the outside. Still young)


That's about it... Cary, DeMeco, Trent, Barwin, all are average to above average starters, but they are older and cost more.

Then you got guys like Nate, Chung, Sopoaga, and Kendricks who shouldn't be starting in this league period.

Then you got Fletcher and Thornton who aren't old, and have been solid starters so far, definitely not liabilities but it wouldn't hurt to improve, just shouldn't make it a priority.


Basically our D has a LOT of holes and it doesn't help that we seem to have another inept D-coordinator
\


What??? Why Barwin??? He has IMO been one of the lone bright spots on our defense so far. I've been impressed with him.

And he is only 26 years old...... Rolling Eyes

Barwin hasn't been impressive at all, he's looked average at best in 3 out of 4 games and is definitely not beyond replaceable. Definitely hasn't played up to his contract... Rolling Eyes



How has he been average?

I've rarely seen him miss a tackle...has been great in open space when going after the guy with the ball...has been getting pressure on the quarterback as much as anyone else on the team...has been fine in coverage.

He's been arguably THE best tackler on the team.

He's been a lot better than you're trying to claim. A claim you've made with literally 0 evidence, by the way.


Someone's a little cranky Laughing

Mad because I corrected you about Ziggy Ansah or something?


Funny thing with this forum....call out someone on something they said and they go and attack every one of your posts. Laughing



The fact that you put Barwin in the same group as DeMeco, Williams, and Cole is bad enough.....Sorry I just had to point that out. Don't get too upset Wink . But it's true. He has no business being lumped in with those guys...dude is 26 years old and has shown he is more than capable of being an above average starter for multiple years moving forward



All I've seen from you the last 5+ pages is a bunch of statements without any sort of explanation, along with condescending posts like the one to Marky with the head bangs after a post he made in response to yours....
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain


Last edited by baconrad3 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 17017
Location: Peppers90 on the sig, Justo on the avy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
That'd be great..wish we would have done that in this offseason though.


I doubt we keep Cole after this season anyway. Graham might stay for depth....


Only players worth a damn...

Cox, Barwin, Wolff, Boykin, Curry....maybe Kendricks, Thornton, Fletcher, and Logan. Maybe Chung.


Get as many draft picks as possible......

Sign a couple young FA starters....(ideally) Brandon Spikes or Donald Butler at ILB, Sam Shields at CB, maybe even Brandon Browner, Jairus Byrd at safety. Would love any of those guys.


I just hope to all that is holy we go QB in the first. Then go pass rusher, then BPA.

What the hell has Wolff done that makes him "worth a damn?" Laughing. Just because he is your draft crush doesn't mean he is worth a damn. He has looked liked crap in his limited time. Am I seeing we should give up on him? Of course not he is young and just a rookie, but we definitely should be actively looking to upgrade at S unless Wolff magically progresses into a quality safety.



Reading comprehension is key here, RMIB.

Wolff is IMO worth a damn because he is a talented rookie who has shown at least enough potential to warrant being given a shot, and I think he is going to earn the starting position.

Reading comprehension? Do you even know what that means because I don't see how it applies here in any way, shape, or form. You posted "Only players worth a damn... Cox, Barwin, Wolff, Boykin, Curry." What is there to comprehend here? You said Wolff is a worth a damn, no where did you say what you just posted in your initial post. Sorry, but you failed pretty miserably at trying to be a snarky condescending poster Laughing.


bacon: yeah but reading comprehension doe so wolff good
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7604
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to self: never point out when RMIB is wrong in any of his posts because he'll proceed to attack everything you say in response.



Did I hurt your feelings, bro? I'm sorry Crying or Very sad


All I've seen you do this thread is go around saying "this player sucks" "this player is average" "you're wrong and I'm right" without ANY sort of tangible evidence to back up your claims. Not ONE post yet I've seen any sort of valid argument from you.


Why ISN'T Wolff worth a damn? How has Barwin been average? How is Ansah a worse pick than Lane? How is Ansah an incredibly raw player? How was what Marky was saying was wrong about incredibly athletic defensive players having a bigger advantage than o-lineman relying on athleticism?


I'm the snark condescending one? Did you not respond to someone with a bunch of head banging emoticons without any sort of other argument? Then even go on to admit that you had nothing better to say?


It's great because I know all of this started because I hurt your ego by calling you out about what you said regarding Ansah.

It's ok to be wrong sometimes buddy. Just let it go. I lost a lot of money yesterday from being wrong and I've accepted it Wink
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain


Last edited by baconrad3 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48325
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright let's cool it down a bit up in here.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 17017
Location: Peppers90 on the sig, Justo on the avy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Pretty much the only guys on our D who we shouldn't be looking to actively upgrade are

3-4 DE/4-3 DT Fletcher Cox (His play has been inconsistent so far this year, but he was the 12th overall pick just a year ago thus his spot is pretty much protected for the first few years as he develops into what we hope is a pass rushing force from the interior)

CB Brandon Boykin (He is a good slot corner, and can hold his own on the outside. Still young)


That's about it... Cary, DeMeco, Trent, Barwin, all are average to above average starters, but they are older and cost more.

Then you got guys like Nate, Chung, Sopoaga, and Kendricks who shouldn't be starting in this league period.

Then you got Fletcher and Thornton who aren't old, and have been solid starters so far, definitely not liabilities but it wouldn't hurt to improve, just shouldn't make it a priority.


Basically our D has a LOT of holes and it doesn't help that we seem to have another inept D-coordinator
\


What??? Why Barwin??? He has IMO been one of the lone bright spots on our defense so far. I've been impressed with him.

And he is only 26 years old...... Rolling Eyes

Barwin hasn't been impressive at all, he's looked average at best in 3 out of 4 games and is definitely not beyond replaceable. Definitely hasn't played up to his contract... Rolling Eyes



How has he been average?

I've rarely seen him miss a tackle...has been great in open space when going after the guy with the ball...has been getting pressure on the quarterback as much as anyone else on the team...has been fine in coverage.

He's been arguably THE best tackler on the team.

He's been a lot better than you're trying to claim. A claim you've made with literally 0 evidence, by the way.


Someone's a little cranky Laughing

Mad because I corrected you about Ziggy Ansah or something?


Funny thing with this forum....call out someone on something they said and they go and attack every one of your posts. Laughing



The fact that you put Barwin in the same group as DeMeco, Williams, and Cole is bad enough.....Sorry I just had to point that out. Don't get too upset Wink . But it's true. He has no business being lumped in with those guys...dude is 26 years old and has shown he is more than capable of being an above average starter for multiple years moving forward

You've been wrong about literally everything you've "called me out on." So no, I'm not sour. Ansah was raw, he has only been playing football for a few years. That makes you a raw player. And what has Barwin done that is so impressive? MY argument is that he has been average, as in he hasn't been an impact player and is replaceable. Why do I say this? Well for one he only has 1 sack, 3 hits and 4 hurries on 109 pass rush snaps. He hasn't been particular stout in coverage, just average. Average seems to be the key word, he isn't doing anything special that would warrant him being someone we keep around anymore than Trent Cole. The fatc that you think Barwin has been in some class above Trent Cole is laughable BTW. Both have been pretty average, not liabilities like Kendricks, but certainly not special enough to warrant replacing.

Also I can't help but laugh at the irony of your post. Your entire post was a personal attack claiming I'm just being sour, when in fact the exact opposite is happening Laughing. Apparently me arguing against your increasingly arrogant posts is a personal attack. Who knew.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 17017
Location: Peppers90 on the sig, Justo on the avy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Alright let's cool it down a bit up in here.
Agreed, not sure why Bacon thinks I am some PE-esque who thinks he is infallible and personally attacks people. I just disagree with almost all his posts, that's not personally attacking.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48325
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Phire wrote:
Alright let's cool it down a bit up in here.
Agreed, not sure why Bacon thinks I am some PE-esque who thinks he is infallible and personally attacks people. I just disagree with almost all his posts, that's not personally attacking.

You two are both good guys and don't need to go down that road.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7604
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Class above Cole? Where'd I say that? You called Barwin an older average-above average player. And you were wrong. What's wrong with pointing that out?

At least Barwin is an ACTUAL 3-4 LB, whereas Trent is not, and Barwin is still only 26 years old with a lot of years ahead of him.


Rolling Eyes

Alright I concede, I'm done here. This is going nowhere. I mean, if you wanna have a debate I'm here any day but at least get your stats right when you come at me like that. Barwin has 1 sack? Check again.
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain


Last edited by baconrad3 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7604
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Phire wrote:
Alright let's cool it down a bit up in here.
Agreed, not sure why Bacon thinks I am some PE-esque who thinks he is infallible and personally attacks people. I just disagree with almost all his posts, that's not personally attacking.




Laughing


I really got under your skin didn't I bro?


I'm sorry. Next time I'll know better not to come at you like that.
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandyMossIsBoss


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 17017
Location: Peppers90 on the sig, Justo on the avy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Class above Cole? Where'd I say that?

At least Barwin is an ACTUAL 3-4 LB, whereas Trent is not, and Barwin is still only 26 years old with a lot of years ahead of him.


Rolling Eyes

Alright I concede, I'm done here. This is going nowhere. I mean, if you wanna have a debate I'm here any day but at least get your stats right when you come at me like that. Barwin has 1 sack? Check again.


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7604
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SiLo


Joined: 05 Sep 2009
Posts: 11223
Location: Dade County
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lost hit us deep, we're fighting amongst each other.
_________________

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 94 of 96

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group