Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR Trade Possibilities
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Maverick12"]
skatebeanz wrote:
https://twitter.com/ttwentyman/status/382974028278816768

Quote:
The #Lions have signed WR Charles Hawkins to their practice squad and have released DT Justin Bannan. Could something be in the works?

d'oh!

Cause Hawkins is totally going to contribute for us. I don't understand Mayhew sometimes, maybe that idiotic trade for Thomas last year made him hesitant to make another trade this year.

We need Broyles to step up big time.

Just because WR is the biggest issue, that doesn't mean the other issues go away. I have no problem with Mayhew trying to upgrade other areas while we search for the answer at WR.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
Maverick12

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nnivolcm"]
Maverick12 wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
https://twitter.com/ttwentyman/status/382974028278816768

Quote:
The #Lions have signed WR Charles Hawkins to their practice squad and have released DT Justin Bannan. Could something be in the works?

d'oh!

Cause Hawkins is totally going to contribute for us. I don't understand Mayhew sometimes, maybe that idiotic trade for Thomas last year made him hesitant to make another trade this year.

We need Broyles to step up big time.

Just because WR is the biggest issue, that doesn't mean the other issues go away. I have no problem with Mayhew trying to upgrade other areas while we search for the answer at WR.

I'm not hating the DT signing, but the Hawkins signing is classic Mayhew, where he'll sign someone that has very little chance to contribute, and hope the current roster steps up.

Listen, it's still early and we never know what Mayhew is thinking, and I'm sure happy we didn't give up any draft picks(yet) in a trade, but I'm very skeptical of our #2 receiver spot as of now.

Team Stylish
El Duderino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its probably best to let things play out a couple of games and see how Broyles does before making a move for a wide out.

The only big name WR I can see the Lions interested in is Nicks, and the only way the Giants would probably trade him if they lost hope for the playoffs by week 8.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For right now they should just bring Matt Willis back. He knows the system at least. Then see what we can find on practice squads or free agency if he doesn't work out.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the point of signing a WR just to put him on the practice squad? Confused
El Duderino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
What was the point of signing a WR just to put him on the practice squad? Confused

They had the open spot after Dallas snatched Greenwood away.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Duderino wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

I understand we had an open practice squad spot, but we NEED a WR on the 53-man roster.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
El Duderino wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

I understand we had an open practice squad spot, but we NEED a WR on the 53-man roster.

We'll see a lot of 2 TE sets this week, plus my AAL is back! Time to shock the world.
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
El Duderino wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

We'll see a lot of 2 TE sets this week, plus my AAL is back! Time to shock the world.
He's nursing a high ankle sprain, he won't be shocking ish for awhile.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
El Duderino wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Agreed, I'd honestly be shocked to see him play on Sunday.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Browns fan here. If you guys got Gordon, WOW!!!!!. Calvin and Gordon wouldnt be fair. Not with a good QB like Stafford throwing to them.

Trust me, not trying to pump up his value here, I do NOT want to trade Gordon at all, not even for another 1st. Not even for TWO 1sts. He is a stud in the making. Even though he is 1 strike away from a big suspension, it's rare to get guys that are surefire studs when on the field. He is one of them (at least I definitely believe he is).

Tons and tons of rumors here about him and Greg Little being on the trade block. Please please I hope we trade Little for whatever we can get. Trading Gordon wouldnt make any sense.

Trading Richardson made perfect sense. I dont think he is worth a 1st round pick, and getting a first was nice. Gordon is a MUCH better player, and at a position where he can be a stud for 10-12 more years.

Without the off field things, I could easily see a team give up a couple 1sts for Gordon. Given the issues, I really have no idea what his trade value is. But if we deal him for a 2nd or something, wow, nothing would tick me off more.

I think Gordon is talented, but I'm not comfortable giving up alot for a guy one screw up away from sitting a year. I wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd for him. No way I'd risk a 1st on him. Despite his talent, he's a big gamble.

And a draft pick isnt a gamble????

At least this gamble you KNOW is a stud when he is on the field.

Retain lay a draft pick can be a gamble but most first round picks get screened out for off field issues.

It really doesn't matter how good a player is if they're prepared to jeopardize team success and their future.

I would be much more comfortable with the Lions using a 1st in the draft than using it for a player with a history.

I suppose it's true that it doesnt matter how good a player is if he gets suspended and cant play.

It's also definitely true that it doesn't matter how great a guy is if he can't play.

And it's not like Gordon is some locker room cancer. Not even a little. He just has some personal problems that a little growing up should help a lot.

I will honestly NOT be happy at all if we trade him for a 1st. Not at all.

Gordon is very, very talented. The issue is the Lions simply don't need players that jeopardize team success and their future because of recreational choices.

He's probably a great locker room presence but the Lions aren't in a position to trade first round picks for a player with maturity or personal issues.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
rob_shadows

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
El Duderino wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:

Agreed, I'd honestly be shocked to see him play on Sunday.

But mine will and after the game is over you will all bow to him and beg for his mercy for worrying about the receiver position. Very Happy

But seriously, I personally think people are overstating the direness of Nate being injured. Yes it puts us a body short at WR but in reality you aren't going to see much difference, Broyles is the better of the two and can easily make up for Nate's absence. As far as talent on the field at once, it won't be any different than weeks 1 or 2, if anything it will improve with the return of Broyles.

....Now if Broyles gets injured again...then we can start panicking.

...but that wont' happen cause I adopted him and my sons never get injured!

*Remembers he adopted Chris Greenwood last year*

Oh....that doesn't count!
omar72587

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheifs fan here!

I got to thinking after hearing that lions are trying to trade for a wr. On the chiefs side of the ball we just signed Dwayne Bowe to an extension and he doesn't seem to be a big part of our offense.

Does anyone think the Lions have considered trading for Bowe? Your offense would be even more explosive with Bowe's ability especially his down-field blocking. What do you guys think the Lions FO would be willing to give up for Bowe?
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Duderino wrote:
Its probably best to let things play out a couple of games and see how Broyles does before making a move for a wide out.

The only big name WR I can see the Lions interested in is Nicks, and the only way the Giants would probably trade him if they lost hope for the playoffs by week 8.
not sure how letting things play out is a good idea. Do you trust broyles to stay healthy? He hasn't given me a reason too. I mean lets not look to desperate but I don't want to lose the next some many games waiting for the trade deadline. Plus stafford and x wr need time.

Imo mayhew should strike soon even if the wr has some issues..his job probably on the line as it is. Someone will give if you put the right package together.we could probably get britt real cheap. Gordon would cost too much imo but even then. If we win against the bears we are 3-1 and I wanna see them go to the po not wait and see.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The direness isn't just Nates injury, but Nate's injury on top of the fact that we have no one at WR besides Calvin.

I really like Broyles. But he's a second year player, coming off an injury, and he's a slot guy. After him we have crap, including Patrick Edwards.

Maybe this wouldn't be as bad if 'Grew or Scheffler were doing anything besides dropping passes, but they haven't since 2011. There's a reason Fauria got more targets than both of them last week.

Getting Bush back helps, some, but we still need something to help Stafford/Calvin out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: