Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR Trade Possibilities
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
I feel like now is the best time to go for Nicks. Apparently he's in the doghouse over in NY, and with the Giants 0-3 start and the potential emergence of Randle, the Giants might be willing to part with Nicks for a reasonable price.

I've read rumors of Leshoure and a 3rd for Nicks, but that doesn't give NY fair compensation in my opinion.

Britt and Gordon might cost a little less.

LeShoure and 6th and conditional pick for Nicks. And 3rd for Gordon. Then no more worries for WR for next 5 years!!!
stafford=legend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: WR Trade Possibilities Reply with quote

WillParks wrote:
I posted this in a different thread but thought it might be kind of cool for everyone to play GM for a little while. Here are some players that I might consider if the price was right:

Andre Roberts, Cardinals: He is stuck behind Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd. I think he could be a pretty solid #2 WR if he just got more playing time.

Mike Williams, Bucs: He is already a good, young WR who is already playing the #2 WR role. With all of the problems in Tampa Bay he could be acquired at a much lower price than we would otherwise expect.

Jason Avant, Eagles: He would be a one or two year solution. He has good speed and is a decent route runner. Physically, he is a Nate Burleson clone. He could be acquired for a fifth, sixth or seventh rounder.

Who would you trade for other than Josh Gordon?[/list]
I never considered mike williams being a possible trade option but since you mention it I think he would be an unbelievable steal if we could get him for cheap. He is VERY underrated being behind jackson and since gordon is basically out of the question I think williams would be the next best thing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Smith is also an option.
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my list for WR options if we trade Leshoure and a 3rd.
1st)- Gordon- beast young. can learn from Megatron.
2nd) Nicks-he is a beast when Healthy (but is also a FA after this yr)
3. Steve Smitch-the yang to calvin's ying.
4.)Mike Williams-but out of the list i dont see him getting moved he just signed a contract entension with tampa and with Freeman prob on the way out....
5.) TO-
6) Chad Johnson- ill take either or over Kenny Britt
7) Kenny Britt) i would not take him and i love Rutgers and all that jazz but, Britt has a horrid track record multiple arrest, Knee surguries, etc. He would probally cost the least out of the players under contract but still i would avoid him
duke2056

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Browns fan here. If you guys got Gordon, WOW!!!!!. Calvin and Gordon wouldnt be fair. Not with a good QB like Stafford throwing to them.

Trust me, not trying to pump up his value here, I do NOT want to trade Gordon at all, not even for another 1st. Not even for TWO 1sts. He is a stud in the making. Even though he is 1 strike away from a big suspension, it's rare to get guys that are surefire studs when on the field. He is one of them (at least I definitely believe he is).

Tons and tons of rumors here about him and Greg Little being on the trade block. Please please I hope we trade Little for whatever we can get. Trading Gordon wouldnt make any sense.

Trading Richardson made perfect sense. I dont think he is worth a 1st round pick, and getting a first was nice. Gordon is a MUCH better player, and at a position where he can be a stud for 10-12 more years.

Without the off field things, I could easily see a team give up a couple 1sts for Gordon. Given the issues, I really have no idea what his trade value is. But if we deal him for a 2nd or something, wow, nothing would tick me off more.

I think Gordon is talented, but I'm not comfortable giving up alot for a guy one screw up away from sitting a year. I wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd for him. No way I'd risk a 1st on him. Despite his talent, he's a big gamble.

And a draft pick isnt a gamble????

At least this gamble you KNOW is a stud when he is on the field.

Retain lay a draft pick can be a gamble but most first round picks get screened out for off field issues.

It really doesn't matter how good a player is if they're prepared to jeopardize team success and their future.

I would be much more comfortable with the Lions using a 1st in the draft than using it for a player with a history.

I suppose it's true that it doesnt matter how good a player is if he gets suspended and cant play.

It's also definitely true that it doesn't matter how great a guy is if he can't play.

And it's not like Gordon is some locker room cancer. Not even a little. He just has some personal problems that a little growing up should help a lot.

I will honestly NOT be happy at all if we trade him for a 1st. Not at all.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
MrDirt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
I will honestly NOT be happy at all if we trade him for a 1st. Not at all.

So would you want more than just a 1st, or would prefer to not trade him at all?
Jrugges

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really want to trade for Gordon. Major history of marijuana use and he's one drug test failure away from missing a whole season.

I'd target Denarius Moore and Hakeem Nicks from the Giants.

If neither can pan out for reasonable prices, then I'm bring back Willis for the year and expecting Broyles, Edwards, Fuaria, and Scheffler to pick up the targets lost by Burleson's injury.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/ttwentyman/status/382974028278816768

Quote:
The #Lions have signed WR Charles Hawkins to their practice squad and have released DT Justin Bannan. Could something be in the works?

https://twitter.com/ttwentyman/status/382974976321540097

Quote:
I would guess an addition at WR is coming in near future. Stay tuned

Razz

Would you be mad if we traded a first and 2nd for AJ Green?

Sig bet
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts on Cecil Shorts from Jacksonville? They are in rebuilding mode and could likely use an extra pick. The likelihood is that they will be in line for a top 5 QB in the 2014 draft and will need to have weapons in place. Losing Shorts would hurt but they'll still have Justin Blackmon.

Leshoure and a 3rd or 4th should do it. He's got decent size and is still developing. Was known for his route running and leadership qualities coming out.
ManeLine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:

Quote:
The #Lions have signed WR Charles Hawkins to their practice squad and have released DT Justin Bannan. Could something be in the works?

https://twitter.com/ttwentyman/status/382974976321540097

Quote:
I would guess an addition at WR is coming in near future. Stay tuned

Razz

Would you be mad if we traded a first and 2nd for AJ Green?

Hell no. We'd be a top 3-5 team in the NFC instantly.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@caplannfl Lions Claimed DT D'Anthony Smith off waivers from the Seahawks.

Never mind. Confused

Sig bet
ManeLine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a WR, so lets worry about our 4th defensive tackle. Makes total sense.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
Maverick12

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="skatebeanz"]https://twitter.com/ttwentyman/status/382974028278816768

Quote:

d'oh!

Cause Hawkins is totally going to contribute for us. I don't understand Mayhew sometimes, maybe that idiotic trade for Thomas last year made him hesitant to make another trade this year.

We need Broyles to step up big time.

Sig credit: Smack

Team Stylish
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Maverick12"]
skatebeanz wrote:

Quote:

d'oh!

Cause Hawkins is totally going to contribute for us. I don't understand Mayhew sometimes, maybe that idiotic trade for Thomas last year made him hesitant to make another trade this year.

We need Broyles to step up big time.

Both moves are understandable.

We lost a player off the practice squad today, so the WR move makes sense in that they'd like to get a more extended look at Hawkins.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
Need a WR, so lets worry about our 4th defensive tackle. Makes total sense.

Fairley's been struggling with an injury.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: