Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HC Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/418500112348758016

Quote:
Lovie Smith meeting w #Bucs Monday, has big name in corner close to Glazer family. I expect that to get done unless LS offered better job.

https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/418506664304574464

Quote:
Clarification: Lovie Smith interview w #Bucs was on Monday, not next Monday.

On the day that we fired Schiano, Lovie interviewed with us. It's a cold business. Really paints the picture that the Glazers had a clear plan in place. They are moving quickly.

I think this gets settled in the next 72 hours.

Hope so and people are saying the Lions might get Smith Cause They Interviewed him. But They Have to Interview him Cause of the Rodney Rule

I see the Lions going with an offensive background guy possibly. To me I think Whisenhunt is there guy and will interview him once available.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:
Lovie Smith meeting w #Bucs Monday, has big name in corner close to Glazer family. I expect that to get done unless LS offered better job.

Quote:

On the day that we fired Schiano, Lovie interviewed with us. It's a cold business. Really paints the picture that the Glazers had a clear plan in place. They are moving quickly.

Hope so and people are saying the Lions might get Smith Cause They Interviewed him. But They Have to Interview him Cause of the Rodney Rule

I see the Lions going with an offensive background guy possibly. To me I think Whisenhunt is there guy and will interview him once available.

Whisenhunt or Roman

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 43 Catches 561 Yards 2 TDs
Mariota or Bust
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting that 2 years ago , we were extremely quiet and glazers normally take their time.

Now this time it's publicly known the candidates (kubiak and smith) are interviews or to be interviewed , when normally the glazers procedures are tight lipped. Ie: no one saw the gruden firing and the quick promotions of Dom and rah in 2009.

2012: only public candidates were Zimmer Sherman, chud and the titans assistant to satisfy the Rooney rule. No one even knew schiano and Kelly had even interviewed for the job.

I'm not saying it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have something up their sleeve. Makes ya think doesn't it?
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I find it interesting that 2 years ago , we were extremely quiet and glazers normally take their time.

Now this time it's publicly known the candidates (kubiak and smith) are interviews or to be interviewed , when normally the glazers procedures are tight lipped. Ie: no one saw the gruden firing and the quick promotions of Dom and rah in 2009.

2012: only public candidates were Zimmer Sherman, chud and the titans assistant to satisfy the Rooney rule. No one even knew schiano and Kelly had even interviewed for the job.

I'm not saying it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have something up their sleeve. Makes ya think doesn't it?

Like Who

Mariota or Bust
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Like Who

Not exactly sure but we had no clue Kelly and schiano were even in our radar in 2012.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Like a report said a few days ago, a HC spot in Tampa has a perticular allure to Lovie. He has a heart for the city and fans. Honestly, unless he is absolutely blown away by another team I see him being our HC if the Glazers want him. If we don't hire Lovie then it's cuz we didnt want him or he got a substantially better offer somewhere else, like really really better offer. I think Lovie wants to coach here and the fact he interviewed the day we fired Schiano and Dom I think makes I pretty obvious this was not to only satisfy the Rooney Rule.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Like a report said a few days ago, a HC spot in Tampa has a perticular allure to Lovie. He has a heart for the city and fans. Honestly, unless he is absolutely blown away by another team I see him being our HC if the Glazers want him. If we don't hire Lovie then it's cuz we didnt want him or he got a substantially better offer somewhere else, like really really better offer. I think Lovie wants to coach here and the fact he interviewed the day we fired Schiano and Dom I think makes I pretty obvious this was not to only satisfy the Rooney Rule.

Yeah him interviewing the day schiano was canned is interesting. But it's not like he's far away. He does live in the area so it's not like it was a long trip to one Buc.

Would like lovie to be the coach but with the glazers, it wouldn't surprise me if they had something else up their sleeve.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah him interviewing the day schiano was canned is interesting. But it's not like he's far away. He does live in the area so it's not like it was a long trip to one Buc.

Would like lovie to be the coach but with the glazers, it wouldn't surprise me if they had something else up their sleeve.

They're being strangely open this time round. What blockbuster move are we trying to pull Laughing

Doug Martin
BucsCanesFan6

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

‏@JayGlazer 3m
The Bucs are hiring Lovie Smith to be their new head coach, two sides are finalizing the contract tonight

https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/418558583911882752

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

They're being strangely open this time round. What blockbuster move are we trying to pull Laughing

Maybe, just maybe it is different this time. After Rah was dismissed, I believe it was Joel Glazer who held a press conference and made it clear it would be an extensive interview process.

When Schiano was hired, he had a heck of time filling out his staff because he was a very late hire and was constantly denied permission to coaches to fill out his staff. Hopefully this time around, the Glazers have learned a valuable lesson and get the head coach hired so he can fill out a professional staff.

I question Tedford as OC only because of his limited pro experience. I'm not worried about Frazier being DC, just hope Rod can join the team in some capacity.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAH

http://stripehype.com/2014/01/01/report-tampa-bay-buccaneers-hire-lovie-smith/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around%20the%20Network

Mariota or Bust
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels good to not be the last team to hire a head coach. At least the Glazers always seem to learn a little from the past mistakes.

Excited to move forward with a serious NFL HC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40
Page 40 of 40

Jump to: