Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HC Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we use free agency to address our need at defensive end then I would like to see Watkins, Matthews, or a quarterback be the pick

If not then I hope we trade down and take Trent Murphy.
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So have we interviewed Lovie Smith yet? Does anyone know of any other candidates? Any news on a GM?

If its not Lovie I hope we at the very least interview Seattle's DC Dan Quinn.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9268/lovie-smith

Quote:
Lovie Smith is expected to get an interview with the Lions for their head coaching vacancy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
So have we interviewed Lovie Smith yet? Does anyone know of any other candidates? Any news on a GM?

If its not Lovie I hope we at the very least interview Seattle's DC Dan Quinn.

We Have Already Interviewed him

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

Huge fan of Brett Smith Part of me thinks this is the potential franchise QB...

lol sorry I had to laugh there
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
Lovie Smith is expected to get an interview with the Lions for their head coaching vacancy.

I'd have to believe that if the Glazers offer him the position he doesn't pass up the Bucs job. He just has too much history here and a real love for the fans and city.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

I'd have to believe that if the Glazers offer him the position he doesn't pass up the Bucs job. He just has too much history here and a real love for the fans and city.

Yes, but the Lions have a QB. Everyone knows, especially here, that QB is vital to your success in the NFL. Lovie would be dumb to not consider Detroit. I hope he comes here though.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the bucs should defiantly consider the following:
- ravens OC and former colts HC Jim Caldwell. Endorsed by dungy.
- broncos DC jack del rio who is a great coach IMO and got screwed by poor management and decision making by front office and ownership.
- Seahawks OC darrele bevell. (Can't just eliminate coordinators. Great coaches start somewhere).

The downside to having an experienced coach like lovie is they're going to look at what was successful and do it that way which is fine. But he never had an offensive staff nor could find a qb in the draft. They gave up everything for cutler which is rare that a qb ever becomes available.

We shouldn't just limit ourselves to experienced head coaches bc a lot of retreads don't pan out. Mangini, shanahan, Phillips, murlacky.

We need to do our homework and I'm glad were not just going to hire lovie without getting to know what's out there. Bevell would bring an awesome offense if we get Manziel and can bring in a guy that fits our defensive strength and continue to add, etc.

I think well know within the next 7-10 days who it will be.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
- broncos DC jack del rio who is a great coach IMO and got screwed by poor management and decision making by front office and ownership.
- Seahawks OC darrele bevell. (Can't just eliminate coordinators. Great coaches start somewhere).

The downside to having an experienced coach like lovie is they're going to look at what was successful and do it that way which is fine. But he never had an offensive staff nor could find a qb in the draft. They gave up everything for cutler which is rare that a qb ever becomes available.

You keep going on how Lovie could never get an offense going or find any talent on it, once again do you not realize that he went to the superbowl with a 3rd string QB? Show me what other coaches have done that? Coaches like Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, John Fox all rely on their superstar QB's to win. Lovie is able to do it WITHOUT a superstar QB which best fits our situation considering we do no have one...also Lovie knows about winning. He went to the Superbowl as a DC and as a HC and the NFC Championship game, he knows what it takes. Plus last time I checked, we won our first title with an average offense with Brad Johnson and a good defense

And you seriously want to consider Jack Del Rio and Jim Caldwell? Yeah no thanks, they know nothing about winning. Caldwell went to 2 superbowls as a low ranking positions coach, but as soon as he got a crack at HC, he landed the #1 draft pick...

Lovie Plz

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

You keep going on how Lovie could never get an offense going or find any talent on it, once again do you not realize that he went to the superbowl with a 3rd string QB? Show me what other coaches have done that? Coaches like Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, John Fox all rely on their superstar QB's to win. Lovie is able to do it WITHOUT a superstar QB which best fits our situation considering we do no have one...also Lovie knows about winning. He went to the Superbowl as a DC and as a HC and the NFC Championship game, he knows what it takes. Plus last time I checked, we won our first title with an average offense with Brad Johnson and a good defense

And you seriously want to consider Jack Del Rio and Jim Caldwell? Yeah no thanks, they know nothing about winning. Caldwell went to 2 superbowls as a low ranking positions coach, but as soon as he got a crack at HC, he landed the #1 draft pick...

Lovie Plz

The days of getting to the Super Bowl with a bad qb are becoming extinct. You need a good qb to elite qb anymore. Flacco and Kap aren't elite but they're very good.

I wouldn't mind lovie at all. But that was 07. Thighs have changed. There are a lot of good qbs in this league and we have 3 of the top 12 in our division.

And do some research on del rio. No head coach could win with the team gene smith built. Horrendous.

Caldwell took the colts to the Super Bowl in year 1. Div title year two and then axed when manning went down. Talk about rough right?
Do you're hw before talking.

You act like I'm bashing lovie here. I'm saying there are other candidates that we should look at. These guys fit the bill.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Lovie Plz

The days of getting to the Super Bowl with a bad qb are becoming extinct. You need a good qb to elite qb anymore. Flacco and Kap aren't elite but they're very good.

I wouldn't mind lovie at all. But that was 07. Thighs have changed. There are a lot of good qbs in this league and we have 3 of the top 12 in our division.

And do some research on del rio. No head coach could win with the team gene smith built. Horrendous.

Caldwell took the colts to the Super Bowl in year 1. Div title year two and then axed when manning went down. Talk about rough right?

You act like I'm bashing lovie here. I'm saying there are other candidates that we should look at. These guys fit the bill.

You're talking like 07 was over 3 decades ago....
And you are right, Flacco and Kap are NOT elite, so its not like you need Drew Brees on your team or else theres a 100% chance you don't go to the Superbowl. As a matter of fact, a lot of people will make a case saying Flacco is not that good at all...more like overrated. What he had going for him last year and the previous years is a very strong run game behind a top 3 O-line. That was huge in his passing success. Notice how much he went on a decline when the powerfull run game was non existent this season

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Lovie Plz

You're talking like 07 was over 3 decades ago....
And you are right, Flacco and Kap are NOT elite, so its not like you need Drew Brees on your team or else theres a 100% chance you don't go to the Superbowl. As a matter of fact, a lot of people will make a case saying Flacco is not that good at all...more like overrated. What he had going for him last year and the previous years is a very strong run game behind a top 3 O-line. That was huge in his passing success. Notice how much he went on a decline when the powerfull run game was non existent this season

Not to make excuses on flacco but he had a lot of new players to work with and chemistry didn't start building until late in the season. Is he elite? No. But he's not an average starter. He makes big plays in big games and did that since day one.

I don't see a mike glennon being that guy that gets us to a Super Bowl. And yes 06 season was 7 years ago. ALOT has changed in terms of talent at the qb position coming out and the diverse offenses. So I doubt we can get Rex gross man and take us to a Super Bowl behind a strong defense.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Not to make excuses on flacco but he had a lot of new players to work with and chemistry didn't start building until late in the season. Is he elite? No. But he's not an average starter. He makes big plays in big games and did that since day one.

I don't see a mike glennon being that guy that gets us to a Super Bowl. And yes 06 season was 7 years ago. ALOT has changed in terms of talent at the qb position coming out and the diverse offenses. So I doubt we can get Rex gross man and take us to a Super Bowl behind a strong defense.

Flacco is overrated. Simply put, he had a very strong run game and o-line by his side. Once that was taken away, he went downhill fast. And yes, he is an average starter.

And really?? THAT much has changed in 7 years? Last time I checked, its still the same QB's that are elite: P.Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Rothlesburger....no one new joined the group. Only thing that did change was Eli is not elite anymore. He joined the "not sure if their average or elite" group along with Romo and Cutler

We had new guys come in such as Luck, RG3, Dalton, Tanehill, Kap, Wilson, Foles, Ryan, Newton, Bradford, Stafford....but none of those are elite and the only ones who has a very slight chance to become elite and join the big boy group is Luck and Foles.

Oh and Glennon had a much better QBR than Flacco as well as completion percentage. Glennon also had just as many touchdown passes as Flacco and far less interceptions. And before you say Glennon's stats are padded because he does a lot of checkdowns, so does Flacco. I wa stupid enough to start Torey Smith on my fantasy teams multiple times and watched a good 6-8 Raven games this season and noticed Flacco loves to check down AND is not that good..

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Laughing
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/418500112348758016

Quote:
Lovie Smith meeting w #Bucs Monday, has big name in corner close to Glazer family. I expect that to get done unless LS offered better job.

https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/418506664304574464

Quote:
Clarification: Lovie Smith interview w #Bucs was on Monday, not next Monday.

On the day that we fired Schiano, Lovie interviewed with us. It's a cold business. Really paints the picture that the Glazers had a clear plan in place. They are moving quickly.

I think this gets settled in the next 72 hours.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:
Lovie Smith meeting w #Bucs Monday, has big name in corner close to Glazer family. I expect that to get done unless LS offered better job.

Quote:

On the day that we fired Schiano, Lovie interviewed with us. It's a cold business. Really paints the picture that the Glazers had a clear plan in place. They are moving quickly.

Good. Bc he'll have a clear staff in place. I'm curious who the gm will be. I hope it's not DeAngelo, former bears gm. I really am hoping its stokes and we hire deangello as a cap analyst.

I'm anxious to see if Tedford is the OC and reports are true. Also wondering what the plan is at qb. That all had to be discussed with lovie or any coaching candidate we interview or interviewed.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope so and people are saying the Lions might get Smith Cause They Interviewed him. But They Have to Interview him Cause of the Rodney Rule

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

Huge fan of Brett Smith Part of me thinks this is the potential franchise QB...

lol sorry I had to laugh there

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 39 of 40

Jump to: