Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HC Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
The thing that people have to keep in mind is say Glennon does ok with Lovie and does something short of just missing out on the playoffs, which will be extremely difficult unless someone pulls another Atlanta next year. Anyways, with a new coaching staff we are really playoffs or bust. If we don't than we are drafting out of the range of our QB unless we want to pull a Washington and mortgage our future for that QB at that point.

Yep. We've been in qb purgatory for too long. Always having a guy that does enough to give you hope but not quite to make you a consistent contender and no one that absolutely tanks although if we stayed with freeman all year for 16 games 0-16 was a legit chance.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klopp24 wrote:
Forget about Carr, how bout we find away to grab Davonte Adams?! He can ball out!....IMO we pass on a QB this year and go and grab one next year. Just think of the options (most likely) Winston, Mariota, and possibly Hundley off the top of my head. I can wait one more year for a QB. Glennon will do for 1 more year, and who knows maybe Glennon will turn out!

I don't want any one of those guys... I think the QB class this year is better actually
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
klopp24 wrote:
Forget about Carr, how bout we find away to grab Davonte Adams?! He can ball out!....IMO we pass on a QB this year and go and grab one next year. Just think of the options (most likely) Winston, Mariota, and possibly Hundley off the top of my head. I can wait one more year for a QB. Glennon will do for 1 more year, and who knows maybe Glennon will turn out!

I don't want any one of those guys... I think the QB class this year is better actually

Wait 1 Year Remember he had Sully/Schinao calling the plays if Lovie gets that OC Who Knows What Glennon can Do

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

Huge fan of Brett Smith Part of me thinks this is the potential franchise QB...

lol sorry I had to laugh there
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
I would like to see Glennon in 2014 but I agree that he is no where near a sure thing for us. Maybe Carr or Brotles or Manziel will be better, none of us knows the answer to that. All I'm saying is that most would agree that the QB talent in 2015 is better than this year in 2014.

With Glennon showing flashes with a poor OL, only VJax to throw the ball to, and a 3rd string RB starting, lets give the guy a chance in 2014. That's all I'm saying. Heck if Peyton Manning got a new HC after his rookie season he would never have started another game, but he deserved another chance and look at him now.

We are too quick to jump the guy in the NFL now days regarding QBs. Worst case we win a few games with Glennon and draft our guy in 2015. Plus this way we could get Watkins and ASJ. Why pass all this up?

It's definitely gonna be a tough decision, especially with how fast coaches get fired these days, are they gonna be willing to take the chance on Glennon, and if he fails, they have to wait ANOTHER year to draft a QB...

I just don't know at this point, I would probably feel better about having another QB waiting in the wings if glennon ends up sucking like a derek carr or blake bortles, but also think that no matter who we have in at QB, we need more weapons for him in order to succeed...

it's definitely something the new coaching regime is gonna have to sit and think about their strategy and game plan for as soon as they can
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
I would like to see Glennon in 2014 but I agree that he is no where near a sure thing for us. Maybe Carr or Brotles or Manziel will be better, none of us knows the answer to that. All I'm saying is that most would agree that the QB talent in 2015 is better than this year in 2014.

With Glennon showing flashes with a poor OL, only VJax to throw the ball to, and a 3rd string RB starting, lets give the guy a chance in 2014. That's all I'm saying. Heck if Peyton Manning got a new HC after his rookie season he would never have started another game, but he deserved another chance and look at him now.

We are too quick to jump the guy in the NFL now days regarding QBs. Worst case we win a few games with Glennon and draft our guy in 2015. Plus this way we could get Watkins and ASJ. Why pass all this up?

It's definitely gonna be a tough decision, especially with how fast coaches get fired these days, are they gonna be willing to take the chance on Glennon, and if he fails, they have to wait ANOTHER year to draft a QB...

I just don't know at this point, I would probably feel better about having another QB waiting in the wings if glennon ends up sucking like a derek carr or blake bortles, but also think that no matter who we have in at QB, we need more weapons for him in order to succeed...

it's definitely something the new coaching regime is gonna have to sit and think about their strategy and game plan for as soon as they can

We Need to get Watkins in Round 1 DE in round 2 and OL for the rest

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

klopp24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
klopp24 wrote:

You would rather go ahead and take Carr, Manziel, or Bortles over them 3?!....Hmmm i dont know about that. Im not sold on neither Bortles or Manziel. and i havent watched enough of Carr to judge.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klopp24 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
klopp24 wrote:

You would rather go ahead and take Carr, Manziel, or Bortles over them 3?!....Hmmm i dont know about that. Im not sold on neither Bortles or Manziel. and i havent watched enough of Carr to judge.

Yeah but do you think the glazers want to sit through another horrid season? Watch some of Carr. I recommend it.

Also I wouldn't be 100% against Hundley but there is risk involved. With Tedford he could get his hands on him, it could reap benefits. But I like Carr.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
klopp24 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
klopp24 wrote:

Yeah but do you think the glazers want to sit through another horrid season? Watch some of Carr. I recommend it.

Also I wouldn't be 100% against Hundley but there is risk involved. With Tedford he could get his hands on him, it could reap benefits. But I like Carr.

Glennon IS not that bad Is if we get Sammy Watkins and young OL he will Surprise you

Caaddy24 wrote:
SappDaddyDance wrote:

YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
klopp24 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
klopp24 wrote:

I need to watch more Carr because the only time i've seen him play was against USC, probably one of he better defenses he faces and he didn't look to promising to me. I like what Hundley can do but definitely raw.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
klopp24 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
klopp24 wrote:

Glennon IS not that bad Is if we get Sammy Watkins and young OL he will Surprise you

But he's not that good either. He was a qb of the worst offense. Read that article man. You need to open your eyes.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
klopp24 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
klopp24 wrote:

But he's not that good either. He was a qb of the worst offense. Read that article man. You need to open your eyes.

"Read the article"... you posted another one a week or so ago that an old dlinemen wrote and had cute little yellow circles around the receivers that were open. Remember the game Glennon should of went 27/34 against the best defense in the league. At least that's what an elite qb would of done. Maybe guys do have their eyes open and are actually watching the game instead of reading articles.

I have to look more into these guys but from what I have read and watched I don't see I guy that would bested Glennon's 19-9. Carr would of busted 23-7 this year?

You've mentioned that Glennon shouldn't be given the job a few times in different posts which I agree. Thing is if I'm selecting a qb with the 7th overall pick, he's not joining my team to "compete" for the starting job. I will know by then that he will be the face of the franchise day one!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big then is I would like to see us pursue a DE in free agency. There's a few out there that would extremely help us. In order this is who I would like

Michael Johnson
Greg Hardy
Brian Orakpo
Jared Allen

Get one of those and it frees up picking BPA. If we do want to go QB the guy I want is Hundley. He's raw but the most potential of any QB in this draft if he declares. Good kid too....

Still Watkins is the number 1 guy to me. If not him Barr or Mack if they slip.

I wouldn't mind trading down and getting an extra 3rd.

I want Yankee in the second. Can play multiple positions, but if we cut Davin he would be a perfect RG. Hopefully Nicks can salvage his career and come back next year. We certainly could use him

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
klopp24 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
klopp24 wrote:

"Read the article"... you posted another one a week or so ago that an old dlinemen wrote and had cute little yellow circles around the receivers that were open. Remember the game Glennon should of went 27/34 against the best defense in the league. At least that's what an elite qb would of done. Maybe guys do have their eyes open and are actually watching the game instead of reading articles.

I have to look more into these guys but from what I have read and watched I don't see I guy that would bested Glennon's 19-9. Carr would of busted 23-7 this year?

You've mentioned that Glennon shouldn't be given the job a few times in different posts which I agree. Thing is if I'm selecting a qb with the 7th overall pick, he's not joining my team to "compete" for the starting job. I will know by then that he will be the face of the franchise day one!

Depends on who's there one.

And it's not like they were difficult throws that he missed. They were routine throws a starter should see. There were 9 that were late and not recognizing coverages.

Look glennon will compete but we need actual competition. Not a day 3 rookie pick or FA (idk who's even out there to be honest that can be considered a starter).

I know the glazers are prob sick of our qb situation since brad Johnson left which has been a chair of musical qbs. Simms , griese , Garcia, gradkowski, leftwich, Johnson, freeman, glennon , McCown all have started for us since 05.

I'm sick of settling in a qb driven league and when you have a qb who currently led a dead last 32 ranked offense at 6 YPA , his best games were against Atlanta, Detroit and Seattle and how can you consider them legit performances? Yes coaching was a problem but it's gotta fall on the players.

If we bring in actual competition and glennon wins, so be it. But I'd say the priority to get a qb this offseason has got to be high on the owners to do list this off season.
Buccaneer Bruce

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

We Need to get Watkins in Round 1 DE in round 2 and OL for the rest

It might be time to draft some OL. The Bucs have only drafted 2 Offensive Lineman in the last 6 drafts. One was Zuttah and the other was Xavier Fulton, which was a wasted pick.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Big then is I would like to see us pursue a DE in free agency. There's a few out there that would extremely help us. In order this is who I would like

Michael Johnson
Greg Hardy
Brian Orakpo
Jared Allen

Get one of those and it frees up picking BPA. If we do want to go QB the guy I want is Hundley. He's raw but the most potential of any QB in this draft if he declares. Good kid too....

Still Watkins is the number 1 guy to me. If not him Barr or Mack if they slip.

I wouldn't mind trading down and getting an extra 3rd.

I want Yankee in the second. Can play multiple positions, but if we cut Davin he would be a perfect RG. Hopefully Nicks can salvage his career and come back next year. We certainly could use him
I think my #1 option would be to trade down. We desperately need some interior offensive line help and we still need to infuse some playmakers outside Martin, Jackson, and Williams. If grab Hundley, I'd hope we trade down pick up that third and address #3 WR need, G/C need, and/or TE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 38 of 40

Jump to: