Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HC Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol got it. That makes alot more sense Laughing Laughing Laughing

My shortlist has those three in there for sure. Lovie still my top guy right now. I just have a good feeling about him

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kevin Sumlin did come here...so would Johnny Football....perfect to have your QB that already knows your system to come in and start...

No learning curve at the most important position is huge.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haggis wrote:
If Kevin Sumlin did come here...so would Johnny Football....perfect to have your QB that already knows your system to come in and start...

No learning curve at the most important position is huge.

No. No. No. Manziel is one heck of an exciting college football player and so was Tebow crouch and Vince young etc.

Manziel is not an nfl qb. Sumlin has zero nfl experience and we hear constant complaining about schiano being a college coach who actually had more nfl experience than sumlin.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was all about Sumlin at the start of this thread but as the weeks have gone on I've come to see how awful his defenses are, etc. He seems like the perfect college coach to me, so it would be in his best interests to stay there IMO.

The only college coach I'd consider at this point is Shaw and he isn't leaving Stanford. We need to find a good NFL made HC. Lovie had some poor offenses in Chicago, but I sure wonder if with a good QB like Bridgewater or Mariota if he could shake the crap offense tag. That's the main thing that worries me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Yeah I was all about Sumlin at the start of this thread but as the weeks have gone on I've come to see how awful his defenses are, etc. He seems like the perfect college coach to me, so it would be in his best interests to stay there IMO.

The only college coach I'd consider at this point is Shaw and he isn't leaving Stanford. We need to find a good NFL made HC. Lovie had some poor offenses in Chicago, but I sure wonder if with a good QB like Bridgewater or Mariota if he could shake the crap offense tag. That's the main thing that worries me.

Sometimes failure is the best teacher. Sitting out for a year he's gotten to really think about why he was fired and answer some of the what ifs in his head. When you stick on a team you just stick with doing what works.

I really hope we get Lovie. I would be extremely disappointed if we don't at this point honestly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

Sometimes failure is the best teacher. Sitting out for a year he's gotten to really think about why he was fired and answer some of the what ifs in his head. When you stick on a team you just stick with doing what works.

I really hope we get Lovie. I would be extremely disappointed if we don't at this point honestly

And sometimes re-treads do not work. Jeff Fischer couldn't find a QB after McNair (RIP). He's still struggling because he thought Bradford was a franchise guy. That hasn't been proven the case.

Lovie I think will always be the defensive mind he is, but putting together an inept offense will always be a challenge. Cutler is/was having his best season under an improved staff in Chicago this year.

Shaw in Stanford would be the best option IMO. But he will not leave. I'm really high on Bassacia. He's got a very good reputation in this league where he would not have a problem putting together a quality staff.

Another guy I really like is Horton. Hes doing nothing but good things on a different team in Cleveland. That defense is very good and he gets after the QB.

I wouldn't mind Zimmer, but something tells me there is a reason he has been interviewed multiple times and not recieved any. Bassacia, same age and been around without an opportunity, just gets passed over in interview processes and I'm not sure why. Zimmer's style I think has lead many to believe he's better as a coordinator.

1. Shaw
2. Bassacia
3. Horton
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Dave Toub has a better chance of being interviewed for head coaching vacancies then Biassacia. He already has interviewed a couple of times and is currently on the Chiefs staff.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of this moment, this would be my dream F/O and coaching staff entering 2014...

General Manager: Eric DeCosta or Russ Ball or Eric Stokes (In that order)

Head Coach: Lovie Smith

Arrow Glazers are familiar with him and he is familiar with them. Has a winning record as an NFL HC. Was a QB and OC away from multiple SB appearances and or vistories. Would bring some significance and interest back to Tampa.

Offensive Coordinator: Hue Jackson

Arrow Has a relstionship with Smith and probably would have been the Bears OC in 2010 if it hadnt been for his opportunity in Oakland to become the Head Coach. Jackson is still considered a bright offensive mind in league circles today.

Defensive Coordinator: Rod Marinelli

Arrow Has a strong relationship with Smith that dates back to when they were in Tampa together. Was a DC for the first time in his coaching career under Smith in Chicago from 2010-2012 and very successful. He lead one of the NFLs best defensive units. It was speculated that when Smith was fired in 2013 that Rod left Chicago for Dallas out of respect for Smith.

Insert Teddy Bridgewater or Marcus Mariota at QB and BOOM...Super Bowl here we come. Hey...one can dream.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually really like the idea of Lovie Smith for HC
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of lovie just bc I don't think he can build an offensive staff. He's had the talent player wise and flopped.

I really like ray Horton. I think he's going to be a stud head coach.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
As of this moment, this would be my dream F/O and coaching staff entering 2014...

General Manager: Eric DeCosta or Russ Ball or Eric Stokes (In that order)

Head Coach: Lovie Smith

Arrow Glazers are familiar with him and he is familiar with them. Has a winning record as an NFL HC. Was a QB and OC away from multiple SB appearances and or vistories. Would bring some significance and interest back to Tampa.

Offensive Coordinator: Hue Jackson

Arrow Has a relstionship with Smith and probably would have been the Bears OC in 2010 if it hadnt been for his opportunity in Oakland to become the Head Coach. Jackson is still considered a bright offensive mind in league circles today.

Defensive Coordinator: Rod Marinelli

Arrow Has a strong relationship with Smith that dates back to when they were in Tampa together. Was a DC for the first time in his coaching career under Smith in Chicago from 2010-2012 and very successful. He lead one of the NFLs best defensive units. It was speculated that when Smith was fired in 2013 that Rod left Chicago for Dallas out of respect for Smith.

Insert Teddy Bridgewater or Marcus Mariota at QB and BOOM...Super Bowl here we come. Hey...one can dream.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

that's my dream too....Man Glazers read this

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gettin the feeling that Schiano stays. I think this team will win another game or two. Also the way he has dealt with everything going on this season does deserve credit. Not to mention miltiple players including Goldson, Watson, Revis, and David spoke out on how they really like Schiano and that he definitely hasn't lost the locker room.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
I'm gettin the feeling that Schiano stays. I think this team will win another game or two. Also the way he has dealt with everything going on this season does deserve credit. Not to mention miltiple players including Goldson, Watson, Revis, and David spoke out on how they really like Schiano and that he definitely hasn't lost the locker room.

This. The glazers invested money in schiano for 5 years. He does have a good sell. The whole josh freeman saga isn't his fault and that destroyed our season.

However if we don't win 5 games it's over for him IMO. He needs a 5-3 2nd half record and BEaT good teams to close strong. I don't see that happening.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh I would hate it....I cant take no halftime adjustments ANYMORE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can't bring Schiano back, the suffering ticket sales would dive even more.

If he's back I would be shocked, and the rumours of the Bucs moving to LA or London would become constant and very possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 12 of 40

Jump to: