Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT - Chicago Bears (3-0) @ Detroit Lions (2-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
da_bears6

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
Any word on the the street about adding a D-lineman this week?

Looks like they tried out some guys from off the street, but Austin got signed and Lions claimed D'Anthony Smith off waivers.

I think we're rolling with Collins as our starter. We're going to have to bring in another guy for depth however.
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da_bears6 wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:

Looks like they tried out some guys from off the street, but Austin got signed and Lions claimed D'Anthony Smith off waivers.

I think we're rolling with Collins as our starter. We're going to have to bring in another guy for depth however.

They also brought up Cheta Ozogwu from the practice squad and have been giving Wootton more reps at the 3-tech in practice. Looks like they're going to find his replacement in-house.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
da_bears6 wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:

They also brought up Cheta Ozogwu from the practice squad and have been giving Wootton more reps at the 3-tech in practice. Looks like they're going to find his replacement in-house.

Whose house? My house?
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
da_bears6 wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:

Cheta was signed to the PS....he was currently on the street before they brought him back

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
da_bears6 wrote:
ConVict90 wrote:

Cheta was signed to the PS....he was currently on the street before they brought him back

He was an nfl player. I doubt he's homeless
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:

Good looks

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
rob_shadows

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Badger75 wrote:
Three keys:

1 Get to Stafford
2 Stifle the run
3 Special teams win this one
Wink

Stafford has the quickest release in the nfl. We aren't getting to him.

He's also a statue back there.

Huh? Matt scrambles out of the pocket all the time and does a good job getting what he can and getting OOB if he's forced to run, it's also where he makes 90% of those funky sidearm bullet throws he does (which I personally hate when he does because of the low trajectory)

On another note, Tillman says he will not be shadowing CJ due to injury and will be staying on the right side for the game...if true that could obviously cause a serious problem for you guys.

Bush also confirmed he's starting.

2014 AAL: DE Larry Webster III

Stats: N/A

2014 AAL: DE George Johnson

Tackles: 3, TFL: 1, Sacks: 1.5, QB Hits: 2
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob_shadows wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Badger75 wrote:
Three keys:

1 Get to Stafford
2 Stifle the run
Wink

Huh? Matt scrambles out of the pocket all the time and does a good job getting what he can and getting OOB if he's forced to run, it's also where he makes 90% of those funky sidearm bullet throws he does (which I personally hate when he does because of the low trajectory)

On another note, Tillman says he will not be shadowing CJ due to injury and will be staying on the right side for the game...if true that could obviously cause a serious problem for you guys.

Just looked at his running stats and it seems he gets out of the pocket more than I thought. I don't recall seeing much of that at all the past 5 years though, and nobody will ever consider him to be a "running QB".

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob_shadows wrote:

I wouldn’t believe that till it happens…Jennings against Johnson on more than 30% of our snaps will be a real problem…I think even if Peanut doesn’t intend to shadow Johnson it will be an in game adjustment where he simply has too…even if he is really banged up.
ak06max

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob_shadows wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Badger75 wrote:
Three keys:

1 Get to Stafford
2 Stifle the run
Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
rob_shadows wrote:

I wouldn’t believe that till it happens…Jennings against Johnson on more than 30% of our snaps will be a real problem…I think even if Peanut doesn’t intend to shadow Johnson it will be an in game adjustment where he simply has too…even if he is really banged up.

With Burelson hurt the Lions do not really have another outside threat.

If Jennings has to play Johnson we can probably devote Conte to doubling him almost exclusively.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
rob_shadows wrote:

If Jennings has to play Johnson we can probably devote Conte to doubling him almost exclusively.

Yeah but I think any time we need to double up on a WR we run into problems…especially now when we are having to bring blitz to create pressure…the only good thing about having Jennings on Johnson is Stafford could become too confident and throw one up…as much as Jennings is a gambler and will get beat he is just as likely to come up with a pick.
ConVict90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
rob_shadows wrote:

Yeah but I think any time we need to double up on a WR we run into problems…especially now when we are having to bring blitz to create pressure…the only good thing about having Jennings on Johnson is Stafford could become too confident and throw one up…as much as Jennings is a gambler and will get beat he is just as likely to come up with a pick.

Johnson is coming down with the jump ball over Jennings 80 percent of the time. We have a better chance with Conte/Wright shaking Johnson up than having Jennings on man coverage or a cover 3.

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
GoodAsGould13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just need to bump Calvin at the line every play, then have Conte or Wright right there behind the CB to help after that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 4 of 42

Jump to: