Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 (vs Dallas) GDT - A Late Turnover... FOR US?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Wilkieray wrote:
Gonna hurt next year when our Oline coach is someone else's offensive coordinator.

He's managed to survive a long time without being poached as an OC. Plus, we can technically block that hire. It's a richard move, but we could block it.

35 of his 37 years coaching have been as an OL coach. We need to capitalize now and have Dean build him a complementary Coronado condo.

Even if he did get an offer like that, we could very possibly match it with the potential of Whiz getting a HC offer after this season...

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Rivers' 118.8 passer rating through first 4 games is the best in Chargers history and 13th best all time since the merger. The only other two times Rivers started with a 100+ rating through 4 games he went on to finish season with a 100+ rating. Amazing what decent OL play can do.

And an offensive system that doesn't require him to just throw bombs. He has been on fire. And both picks have really not been his fault.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
game3525

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Rivers' 118.8 passer rating through first 4 games is the best in Chargers history and 13th best all time since the merger. The only other two times Rivers started with a 100+ rating through 4 games he went on to finish season with a 100+ rating. Amazing what decent OL play can do.

Honestly, it is more of the scheme then the offensive line, which is still below average.

The offenses success just shows how bad Norv as at a adjusting to his personnel.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
game3525 wrote:
Yeah, I don't see Joe D going anywhere......but Whiz is out the door though if the offense continues to play this well.

Absolutely. Even if McCoy is the genius behind it, Whiz is a smart offensive guy himself and he's looking like a genius right now as he could take credit in helping fix Rivers.

Yeah. Will be interesting to see and may come down to how well he interviews. People have to remember there may not be the record number of HC openings there was this past off-season in 2014, and then you've got guys like Lovie Smith who will likely be re-entering the fray, along with possibilities of David Shaw and Kevin Sumlin drawing interest as NCAA coaches.

It takes a specific type of owner to want to hire a retread HC, though Wis doesn't have the Super Bowl berth on his resume to help his case.

As far as (hopefully eventual) replacements for Pags, the Top 3 on my list still stand at the two Seattle guys, Seto and Norton Jr. - though I get the feeling the later is going to draw some heavy consideration for the USC job given how highly-regarded he is among the Trojan community(I'm holding out hope that they filch Del Rio - another former Trojan - off Denver's staff and force Fox to make a new hire and implement another new scheme.), and Jim Tomsula - who may feel the need to take up a DC position if interest in him as a HC starts to cool.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see Keenan Allen stepping up in the absence of M80. Also, the addition of Woodhead has been great.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Alright, Matts... wherever your very-likely-inebriated self ended up...

I shall take this void left in my heart from a dreadful cowboys performance, and fill it with scotch.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Alright, Matts... wherever your very-likely-inebriated self ended up...

I shall take this void left in my heart from a dreadful cowboys performance, and fill it with scotch.

I know that feeling all too well. Don't take Clary's shoes. That buffoon would just play barefoot. Rumour has it he broke his clavicle in the first quarter vs the Titans and just gutted it out. That's Chris Simms type of stupid.

2-0 vs the NFC East. I love that so much.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Neutral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was exciting. Only caught most of the game, but did manage to get it recorded, so I might re-watch it again at some point this week...

JammerHammer21 wrote:
People at the CMB saying Weddle isn't the best because of missed tackles and being close to leading the league. Wouldn't give him up for any safety...

Wow...

I wouldn't give him up either. He did a great job out there, and showed why QBs are foolish to test him in coverage. Even on that Witten drop, you could see Weddle winning the hand battle against Witten, getting him too out of sync to make the catch despite having better position.

The LBC wrote:
Dear God, send us Ken Norton Jr. or Rocky Seto next season. With a Day 1 pass-rusher and a slight shift to a 4-3 Under that actually plays bump and run, this defense could actually be really good.

This is intriguing. From what I've seen, we're usually not in a 3-4 base, so there probably wouldn't be as big an adjustment as it seems. I've noticed a lot of Cam Thomas lining up at 1-Tech and a lot of nickel. Oddly, when I noticed us in nickel, the LBs were Weddle and Reggie Walker. I guess Pagano really likes Walker in that role...
Neutral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, that is so depressing

@UTKevinAcee wrote:
Sunday was just third time in the past 14 games the Chargers have trailed at halftime that they ended up winning.

Also, news, but probably not thread-worthy:

@UTgehlken wrote:
Chargers waived RB/KR Fozzy Whittaker Saturday. He has been claimed by the Browns today, per source.

Troll Norv strikes again
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
That was exciting. Only caught most of the game, but did manage to get it recorded, so I might re-watch it again at some point this week...

JammerHammer21 wrote:
People at the CMB saying Weddle isn't the best because of missed tackles and being close to leading the league. Wouldn't give him up for any safety...

Wow...

I wouldn't give him up either. He did a great job out there, and showed why QBs are foolish to test him in coverage. Even on that Witten drop, you could see Weddle winning the hand battle against Witten, getting him too out of sync to make the catch despite having better position.

The LBC wrote:
Dear God, send us Ken Norton Jr. or Rocky Seto next season. With a Day 1 pass-rusher and a slight shift to a 4-3 Under that actually plays bump and run, this defense could actually be really good.

This is intriguing. From what I've seen, we're usually not in a 3-4 base, so there probably wouldn't be as big an adjustment as it seems. I've noticed a lot of Cam Thomas lining up at 1-Tech and a lot of nickel. Oddly, when I noticed us in nickel, the LBs were Weddle and Reggie Walker. I guess Pagano really likes Walker in that role...

The fits are there. Not sure if Cam Thomas would merit any kind of substantial contract to retain to play the Tony McDaniel/1-Tech role, but I'm also not sure he's done enough to this point (or started enough games) to have another team going gonzo to overpay him with a contract to be their 3-4 NT... if not it's a role that Geathers or Jerideau could fill interim, or a run-stuffing vet could be had inexpensively as an interim. But Liuget could quite well play the Brandon Mebane role, Reyes the Michael Bennett role, and me personally, I'd slot a LB corps of Ingram, Butler, and Te'o (quite possibly running Te'o as the MIKE, with Butler as the WILL/WLB, and Ingram as the SAM/SLB, and then draft a LEO/Elephant rusher (though presumably, Ingram could start there initially and JJ if he's kept around can play SAM for a year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ken Whisenhunt is hired by someone next year you think Frank Reich can pick up where left off or we would have to go shopping?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: