Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT: Chicago Bears (3-0) @ Detroit Lions (2-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who ya got?
Detroit Lions
38%
 38%  [ 12 ]
Chicago Bears
48%
 48%  [ 15 ]
NFL Referees
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 31

TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
I love how the Lion's replaced Gosder with Hilliard and didn't skip a beat.

Which is funny: the injury-prone (Fox) gets injured early into his first start, and Hilliard struggles. The fact that they're pushing to get Fox back onto the field over Hilliard, despite Fox's injury history, says quite a bit about their faith in Hilliard.
FACT: The Lion's have replaced Gos with little to no effort. In fact, Hilliard is having a better season than Goz is having in Indy. Obviously, they knew that Gosder could easily be replaced with last season's backups.

Haha. Little to no effort. Yeah, they hoped that Fox could be healthy enough to cement the position (false) and Hilliard could be a viable option (false). Neither player is as good as Gosder.

But it's adorable that you brought him up. Thanks.

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Which is funny: the injury-prone (Fox) gets injured early into his first start, and Hilliard struggles. The fact that they're pushing to get Fox back onto the field over Hilliard, despite Fox's injury history, says quite a bit about their faith in Hilliard.
FACT: The Lion's have replaced Gos with little to no effort. In fact, Hilliard is having a better season than Goz is having in Indy. Obviously, they knew that Gosder could easily be replaced with last season's backups.

I didn't think it was any secret GC would be easy to replace. I was more worried about Backus/Reiff even though I was thrilled with the Reiff pick.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Haha. Little to no effort. Yeah, they hoped that Fox could be healthy enough to cement the position (false) and Hilliard could be a viable option (false). Neither player is as good as Gosder.

So far this year, our RT spot has been better than years with GC there. And that is a fact.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

So far this year, our RT spot has been better than years with GC there. And that is a fact.

Not only is that questionable, there are considerable differences: we finally have a capable RG, and - through the first two weeks of the season - had a legitimate RB behind center. Hilliard struggled during week 1, and has been mediocre enough to convince Schwartz to put Fox back into the lineup, despite his inability to... well... do anything on the field.

"Facts" are fun.

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Not only is that questionable, there are considerable differences: we finally have a capable RG, and - through the first two weeks of the season - had a legitimate RB behind center. Hilliard struggled during week 1, and has been mediocre enough to convince Schwartz to put Fox back into the lineup, despite his inability to... well... do anything on the field.

"Facts" are fun.
Sore loser is sore.
Awesimo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite stat of the year so far, Stafford's QBR 99.9, Opponents QBR 70.8. Yes we give up yards but I distinctly remember the Lion's making every team look like they had a franchise QB.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesimo wrote:
My favorite stat of the year so far, Stafford's QBR 99.9, Opponents QBR 70.8. Yes we give up yards but I distinctly remember the Lion's making every team look like they had a franchise QB.
That's been true for years. Our defense is playing great right now.
Awesimo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Awesimo wrote:
That's been true for years. Our defense is playing great right now.

Agreed, It's quite refreshing to see our offense taking care of the ball fairly well and creating turnovers on defense pretty regularly. This week is going to be a tough matchup, but if we play TO free which will be tough chi D always seems to get TO's but if we manage to be even in TO's this game we have a very good shot at beating the Bears.

I will say this the Bears have surprised me this year, I didnt expect them to be all that great with the leadership that they lost.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesimo wrote:

Eh. So far, we've faced Christian Ponder, Carson Palmer and a recovering RGIII.

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

"Facts" are fun.

Thing is, your facts may or may not be facts and may or may not pertain to the (lack of) quality player GC was.

My fact relates directly with no uncertainty.

True facts are funner Cool
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

"Facts" are fun.

Thing is, your facts may or may not be facts and may or may not pertain to the (lack of) quality player GC was.

Your facts, like usual, completely ignore the details surrounding them. Which is good: details tend to crush such poorly supported opinions.

Team Stylish
Awesimo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Awesimo wrote:

Eh. So far, we've faced Christian Ponder, Carson Palmer and a recovering RGIII.

You do realize that in previous years we've made people like Matt Flynn look like GOAT players right? That was the point I was getting at, I dont care who we play the result has been a pleasant surprise from past situations.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

"Facts" are fun.

Your facts, like usual, completely ignore the details surrounding them. Which is good: details tend to crush such poorly supported opinions.

Yeah!! Another argument!!!! And TL picks the worst player on the team again and tries to make him out to be good!!! Gosder was just as aas bad as Peterman..and sucks in INDY too.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

"Facts" are fun.

Facts like GC was an inferior lineman?

Nope, I stuck to the facts and opinions that need little support because anyone with two working eyeballs can see it. Instead of(again) twisting every little thing possible to make it look like it supports an opinion I don't even believe in, just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Have a wonderful day. You can continue to argue with yourself, I have bored of your antics.
Awesimo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pointing out what I've noticed so far, this forum is pretty confrontational when it comes to differing opinions. Don't take this the wrong way I love talking football, and I like seeing differing opinions because you can't grow as a fan or as a person without diversity, but it would be nice to see our fan base get along just a tad better.

Trust me not pointing any fingers or anything like that, but at some points agreeing to disagree is an acceptable compromise. Hopefully no one in this forum takes this post the wrong way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 6 of 34

Jump to: