Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT: Chicago Bears (3-0) @ Detroit Lions (2-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who ya got?
Detroit Lions
38%
 38%  [ 12 ]
Chicago Bears
48%
 48%  [ 15 ]
NFL Referees
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 31

Author Message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8933
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears just signed our old friend Cohen to replace Melton.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/61734/bears-sign-cohen-place-melton-on-ir
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maverick12


Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 1662
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I understand why players can't stand the media. They take every word out of context and make it seem worse than it really is, just to get more reads.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-megatron-admits-disliking-bears-20130927,0,6633919.story

Chicago media somehow viewing this as disrespect.
_________________

Sig credit: Smack

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detroitroar


Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Posts: 4973
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
Now I understand why players can't stand the media. They take every word out of context and make it seem worse than it really is, just to get more reads.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-megatron-admits-disliking-bears-20130927,0,6633919.story

Chicago media somehow viewing this as disrespect.


Good.

Who cares.

At the end of the day, we have Stafford, and they have Cutler.

I think that will be the difference this week.

I just hope our weapons show up for the 2nd week in a row.
_________________
Team Stylish



2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ansah has an abdomen injury:
Quote:
Ansah was banged up in the win over Washington and was lifted for a stretch in the second half.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/09/detroit_lions_ezekiel_ansah_ja.html#incart_river

That's why he missed such a long stretch against Washington.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how the Lion's replaced Gosder with Hilliard and didn't skip a beat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiola quickly slid down PFF's rankings to #21, wasn't he like 3rd after week 1? He had a horrible game against Washington.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8933
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
I love how the Lion's replaced Gosder with Hilliard and didn't skip a beat.


Both Fox and Hilliard are questionable. Waddle time?
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
I love how the Lion's replaced Gosder with Hilliard and didn't skip a beat.


Both Fox and Hilliard are questionable. Waddle time?
Nah, one of those guys will play. I am intrigued by Waddle, but I haven't heard his name this week so I doubt he's in the fold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 8572
Location: San Marcos, Nicaragua
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
I love how the Lion's replaced Gosder with Hilliard and didn't skip a beat.


Both Fox and Hilliard are questionable. Waddle time?


From what I read, Fox is slated to start on Sunday. Confused
_________________
2014 ADOPT-A-LION: REGGIE BUSH

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 8572
Location: San Marcos, Nicaragua
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Raiola quickly slid down PFF's rankings to #21, wasn't he like 3rd after week 1? He had a horrible game against Washington.


I don't care what the stats say. I see him get pushed back constantly. Our QB trying to scramble out of the way. And our RBs having issues behind Dom. Whether a sack results or not, that is still bad play.
_________________
2014 ADOPT-A-LION: REGGIE BUSH

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18874
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
Now I understand why players can't stand the media. They take every word out of context and make it seem worse than it really is, just to get more reads.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-megatron-admits-disliking-bears-20130927,0,6633919.story

Chicago media somehow viewing this as disrespect.


It's a weak article. Someone was just trying to stretch a couple quotes to meet a deadline. The article lacked substance, and there really wasn't a point to it. I wouldn't think anything of it. I have a background in Journalism and saw stuff like this a lot.
_________________
Team Stylish313
Adopt-A-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Adopt-A-Lion: Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DrRay11


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 3391
Location: Chicago, IL
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Raiola quickly slid down PFF's rankings to #21, wasn't he like 3rd after week 1? He had a horrible game against Washington.


I don't care what the stats say. I see him get pushed back constantly. Our QB trying to scramble out of the way. And our RBs having issues behind Dom. Whether a sack results or not, that is still bad play.


Yeah, he was 3rd after two games. I knew it was essentially a fluke, because Dom's track record is way too long for him to suddenly up his game by getting fat.

Definitely have my eye on the top center, WR, OLB, and safety prospects this year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25941
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Raiola quickly slid down PFF's rankings to #21, wasn't he like 3rd after week 1? He had a horrible game against Washington.


I don't care what the stats say. I see him get pushed back constantly. Our QB trying to scramble out of the way. And our RBs having issues behind Dom. Whether a sack results or not, that is still bad play.


Yeah, he was 3rd after two games. I knew it was essentially a fluke, because Dom's track record is way too long for him to suddenly up his game by getting fat.

Definitely have my eye on the top center, WR, OLB, and safety prospects this year.


I still think they can't ignore CB. If the opportunity is there and a CB is top rated they need to consider him.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25839
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
I love how the Lion's replaced Gosder with Hilliard and didn't skip a beat.

Which is funny: the injury-prone (Fox) gets injured early into his first start, and Hilliard struggles. The fact that they're pushing to get Fox back onto the field over Hilliard, despite Fox's injury history, says quite a bit about their faith in Hilliard.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
I love how the Lion's replaced Gosder with Hilliard and didn't skip a beat.

Which is funny: the injury-prone (Fox) gets injured early into his first start, and Hilliard struggles. The fact that they're pushing to get Fox back onto the field over Hilliard, despite Fox's injury history, says quite a bit about their faith in Hilliard.
FACT: The Lion's have replaced Gos with little to no effort. In fact, Hilliard is having a better season than Goz is having in Indy. Obviously, they knew that Gosder could easily be replaced with last season's backups.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 5 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group