Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adam Jones arrested agian
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
CB will be a need that needs to be addressed big time next year probably. Jones is still a good player, but if he struggles this year, it could result him being cut

Agree. CB is the early favourite for our 1st rounder next year IMO. That buckeye Roby (?) looks a good player.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
CB will be a need that needs to be addressed big time next year probably. Jones is still a good player, but if he struggles this year, it could result him being cut

Agree. CB is the early favourite for our 1st rounder next year IMO. That buckeye Roby (?) looks a good player.

I'd rather see Kirkpatrick actually step and play some meaningful snaps. Too soon to give up on him.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB and OT should be priorities next year, unless someone thinks Hawkinson will be groomed to replace Whit. personally, i think they keep him as a jack of all trades backup.

Not sure the team will be able to keep Collins.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
CB and OT should be priorities next year, unless someone thinks Hawkinson will be groomed to replace Whit. personally, i think they keep him as a jack of all trades backup.

Think LB and safety are still more of a need based on the recent games. This team has two effective players between those two position groups (Burfict and Nelson).

If the team drafts a CB or OT, they're automatically a backup.

MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

When everyone is healthy, there's depth. Problem is, everyone is hurt right now. Only healthy one right now is Newman.

Which is exactly why they need to draft another one here. Maybe two. Newman and Jones wont last much longer IMO, and Ghee, Marsh, and Lewis-Harris havent proven otherwise yet

Hall and Kirkpatrick are suppose to be the main guys for the future, but it doesnt hurt to have 3 good CB's.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

The bengals aren't getting Roby unless they finish in the top 10. Hes the best CB in this year's draft. If not a CB, maybe a S like HaHa Clinton-Dix
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably gonna get alot of heat for this, but honestly I think DE should be the top priority for the draft next year, seeing as Michael Johnson wont likely be back. I really don't know if I can trust Margus Hunt as a fulltime DE.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
I'm probably gonna get alot of heat for this, but honestly I think DE should be the top priority for the draft next year, seeing as Michael Johnson wont likely be back. I really don't know if I can trust Margus Hunt as a fulltime DE.

I dont disagree at all. I think DE is a huge position for us. We took Hunt hoping he can step up. Not crazy to imagine us taking a top DE this year. Honestly that and CB wouldnt shock me. I would love a cover OLB, but dont see it. I also dont see S. I think G/C could be a need but no one worth a first rounder. Should be an interesting draft for this team

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

I dont disagree at all. I think DE is a huge position for us. We took Hunt hoping he can step up. Not crazy to imagine us taking a top DE this year. Honestly that and CB wouldnt shock me. I would love a cover OLB, but dont see it. I also dont see S. I think G/C could be a need but no one worth a first rounder. Should be an interesting draft for this team

Well its just the DL is the deepest group still, so I guess that's why some people would disagree IMO.

C and CB i think could be big needs. LB and WR maybe too

QB is still in the mix, even though I disagree. Because if Dalton falters again this year, they might look to get a guy maybe in the 3rd round there to try to light the fire under Dalton to bring out the best in him, or they might go like the Josh Freeman way.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:

Sure they will. He just signed a 2 year deal thru til 2015
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
HaHa Clinton-Dix

You sure that's not a new dance ?
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

I'd rather see Kirkpatrick actually step and play some meaningful snaps. Too soon to give up on him.

I think CB or DB is our top priority, evidenced by the re-signing of Crocker.

Newman is not getting any younger, we can't seem to get Kirkpatrick or Ghee healthy, Jones is another fracas away from jail and even Hall has had his injuries.

Perhaps better for a new thread, but its CB/DB for me right now.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:

Not sure I'd give up on keeping MJ93 just yet, with having Geno done, he could be next years franchise player too.

I agree DE/QB/OLB all potential targets, but CB for me looks a higher priority right now....
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Not sure I'd give up on keeping MJ93 just yet, with having Geno done, he could be next years franchise player too.

I agree DE/QB/OLB all potential targets, but CB for me looks a higher priority right now....

I could be very wrong, but i don't see them franchising him at >$13 mil, unless they're options are just so bleak they feel forced. That's a lot of dough.

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

I could be very wrong, but i don't see them franchising him at >$13 mil, unless they're options are just so bleak they feel forced. That's a lot of dough.

Agree 'J', that's a lot of dough to spend on the D-Line, but we've seen just how crucial it can be to dominate in the trenches. With those UDFA's @ LB, our linebacking corps is quite cheap right now, so we can perhaps afford to load the money onto those bulls up front.

Wouldn't surprise me if MJ is still on the team next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: