Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT: Giants @ Chiefs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
bigbluefan80 wrote:
ok. id like to no why were even mentioning Clowney or Barr at all. our offensive line is absolutly horrendous. Eli is getting creamed nearly every play and Will Beatty and our guard play was getting blown up off the snap almost every damn play. Jake Matthews anyone?????

Because guys like Eric Fisher and Luke Joeckel (Pugh as well) have had little to no impact on their respective teams. Where guys like Ezekiel Ansah and Star Lotulelei are making their presence known.

I've never been a fan of drafting offensive linemen in the top 2 rounds mainly because they seem to always have depth well into the 6th.

I'm all for Matthews. Fisher joeckel is one way to look at it. But long, Thomas is another. I think we are better off trying to do a rams/redskins deal with someone wanting a QB or Clowney. Targeting Mosely Lewan a little later

While guys like Thomas and Kalil are great players they really dont help their team like a guy like Ray Lewis/Demarcus Ware. One great lineman does not make a good line, I'd personally rather have five good late round linemen than one great linemen.

Our best best imo would be to draft the best defensive lineman/linebacker early and leaving our line to the later rounds. Where the guys may not be great, but they'll be average to good.

Not a Knicks fan
bagh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
ESKY008 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
bigbluefan80 wrote:
ok. id like to no why were even mentioning Clowney or Barr at all. our offensive line is absolutly horrendous. Eli is getting creamed nearly every play and Will Beatty and our guard play was getting blown up off the snap almost every damn play. Jake Matthews anyone?????

Because guys like Eric Fisher and Luke Joeckel (Pugh as well) have had little to no impact on their respective teams. Where guys like Ezekiel Ansah and Star Lotulelei are making their presence known.

I've never been a fan of drafting offensive linemen in the top 2 rounds mainly because they seem to always have depth well into the 6th.

I'm all for Matthews. Fisher joeckel is one way to look at it. But long, Thomas is another. I think we are better off trying to do a rams/redskins deal with someone wanting a QB or Clowney. Targeting Mosely Lewan a little later

While guys like Thomas and Kalil are great players they really dont help their team like a guy like Ray Lewis/Demarcus Ware. One great lineman does not make a good line, I'd personally rather have five good late round linemen than one great linemen.

Our best best imo would be to draft the best defensive lineman/linebacker early and leaving our line to the later rounds. Where the guys may not be great, but they'll be average to good.

That sounds good in theory, but we have seen it in practise. We have a lot of second, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th round guys on our roster and look where that got us.
bzane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
ESKY008 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
bigbluefan80 wrote:

That sounds good in theory, but we have seen it in practise. We have a lot of second, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th round guys on our roster and look where that got us.

Well, before Justin Pugh this year- and we'll see, there's time, and hope- the Giants in recent years have taken Brandon Mosley.... Matt McCants... James Brewer... Mitch Petrus... Will Beatty... Guy Whimper.....

Judging from that, a stud Top-5 O-lineman might be a good idea.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys ready for it? The Battle of the suck.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:

lol you guys think you suck? HA! Sig bet for our teams to lose?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
bagh wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
ESKY008 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
bigbluefan80 wrote:

Well, before Justin Pugh this year- and we'll see, there's time, and hope- the Giants in recent years have taken Brandon Mosley.... Matt McCants... James Brewer... Mitch Petrus... Will Beatty... Guy Whimper.....

Judging from that, a stud Top-5 O-lineman might be a good idea.

ok besides Joeckel and Fisher.. theres another guy everyone in philadelphia loves. Lane Johnson. and u can not forget how a top 5 guy like dbrickshaw ferguson and nick mangold have kept the jets qbs upright for many yrs. all were first round talents. dont forget Joe Staley on the 49ers either. Barr and Clowney are on defense. Our oline needs help in the worst way. Jake Matthews will be a stud in this league. His father teaching him was pretty good id say. Oh and by the way this team goes no where when Eli is getting layed out on his back every play. our franchise player is headed for his first injury with how much hes been hit this season. so pass rush or not u dont win when ur qb is under deress all game long.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:

Yea at least the Eagles can move the ball Razz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:

Even Eli could pick apart the Eagles defense!
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thought just came to my head.

Today we saw our Eli was when he was in command of the playcalling and how well he performs in the 2 minute drill. Now if you look at outside those two minutes, Eli is up and down where Gilbride is control. So with that said, is it unfair to say that Gilbride has been holding Eli back the past couple of years?

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:

He could if our O-line could block anyone for more than 2 seconds Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0-16.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:

More than enough time to burn us underneath!

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
A thought just came to my head.

Today we saw our Eli was when he was in command of the playcalling and how well he performs in the 2 minute drill. Now if you look at outside those two minutes, Eli is up and down where Gilbride is control. So with that said, is it unfair to say that Gilbride has been holding Eli back the past couple of years?

This has been the majority vote since... 2007

Kill drive sucks. Never could change the game plan. And the shot gun draws on third ajd long are a joke. He is extremely predictable and the only reason why he still has a job is bcnof how much talent we have on offense... excluding offensive line this year and it shows

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:

We don't throw underneath. Go deep or go home. With a few shotgun draws mixed in.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:

We don't throw underneath. Go deep or go home. With a few shotgun draws mixed in.

And Jacobs running to the outside. Never mind that guy with...you know...speed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: