Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT: Giants @ Chiefs
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Week 4 GDT: Giants @ Chiefs Reply with quote

Giants @ Chiefs

The winless, hapless, gutless, NY Futbol Giants drag their sorry bleeps into Arrowhead Stadium to face the unbeaten Kansas City Chiefs. Sorry, had to get that last cheap shot out of my sytem.

This team's season hangs in the balance. Each and every member of the team must make the choice to fight and have a little pride regardless of the score. This opponent sports a 3-0 record, utilizes their home field advantage as good as any team in the NFL, and has a coach that knows how to beat this NY Giant squad. The cards are truly stacked against the Gmen in this contest. But that doesn't mean we can't squeak out a win when we need it most.

Keys to Victory:

DEFENSE
- Kidnap Jamaal Charles before the game…. Just kidding, but we need to make sure he does not single handedly beat us. I'd like to see Antrel Rolle up near the LOS with an eye on Charles. He is our best bet to contain one of the most dangerous/versatile RBs in the game. If we hold him under 150 all purpose yards, consider it a victory.

- Had the our DBs play their WRs physical in the first 5 yards. Their offense is designed to utilize the short/underneath routes and sustain long drives. We must do our best to take these short plays away. If Alex Smith is going to beat us, so be it. But lets force him to take shots down the field. I feel like we have a much better chance of forcing errors if we can dictate what type of throws he makes.

- Can we get some push from our DL? Is that too much to ask? I am not even asking for a multi sack game, although it would be nice, I just want to see Smith under duress. I would like to see DaMontre Moore get a few more snaps to help keep our DEs fresh.

- Win the turnover battle. Seems far-fetched after 3 weeks of very careless football, but we need this to help negate the home field advantage that they have in Arrowhead.

OFFENSE
- Our OL is a mess. There simply is no way to sugar coat it. Gilbride must be willing to make in game adjustments and set these guys up to be successful against a tough defensive front. I think we need to try to get the ball out early and get our WRs opportunities to create YAC. These long developing plays are not going to work with our current personnel. Time to acknowledge that and move forward.

- I know we want to establish the run and get D.Wil going. We NEED him to get going. But we simply don't have the hogs up front to come out and open up lanes for him to run through. Why not come out in a 2 minute offense and try to find an early rhythm in the passing game? Slants to Cruz, designed screen plays to Wilson, bubble screens to Nicks and Randle? Any takers?

- I am an Eli supporter through and through. Anyone who has been on this forum for more than a minute knows that to be true. His line did him no favors, but I still need to see more from him. His effort against the Panthers was epically weak. He needs step up and make this offense run in spite of its deficiencies.

Prediction
Giants 23
Chiefs 21

Do or die my brothers, do or die.

Last edited by IR0NM1KE on Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's have a good game ... with the winners wearing RED of course ...

Really hope you guys can overcome the Sunday game and put up a good fight again.
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid has had our number, and they have a very stout defense. Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, Justin Houston, Dontari Poe, Eric Berry, Brandon Flowers. That's a wealth of defensive talent. I don't like the match up.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. Brace yourselves, gentlemen. It's going to be a long season.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0-4. I don't see us winning for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if we lose this one I can say with confidence that we will win at most 4 games.

That will put us in the running for Clowney or Barr, but knowing reese we'll draft an offensive lineman.

We the North
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Well if we lose this one I can say with confidence that we will win at most 4 games.

That will put us in the running for Clowney or Barr, but knowing reese we'll draft an offensive lineman.

or a WR or a QB to develope Laughing Laughing

but in all seriousness 0 and 8 or 1 and 7 into the bye. 0-4 after sunday.

#Clowney
bzane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

or a WR or a QB to develope Laughing Laughing

but in all seriousness 0 and 8 or 1 and 7 into the bye. 0-4 after sunday.

#Clowney

In the Jerry Reese era, the Giants- counting only first- and second-round picks- have drafted three wide receivers (Hakeem Nicks, Rueben Randle, and Steve Smith), and four defensive backs (Aaron Ross, Kenny Phillips, Terrell Thomas, and Prince Amukamara). The only LB they drafted (1st's and 2nd's) was Clint Sintim. The two O-linemen they took, Beatty and Pugh, are tackles.

In going bargain-basement with their linebackers and guards/centers, they have created their own mess.[/i]
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope IR0NM1KE can break the losing streak!

This is going to be a very difficult game to win. On the road, in a hostile stadium against a team who is hot and has a ton of talent. This is a game we have no business winning. Which is exactly why we will win.

Giants: 24
Chiefs: 17

This will be the win that sparks an impressive Giants run and right the ship.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Let's hope IR0NM1KE can break the losing streak!

This is going to be a very difficult game to win. On the road, in a hostile stadium against a team who is hot and has a ton of talent. This is a game we have no business winning. Which is exactly why we will win.

Giants: 24
Chiefs: 17

This will be the win that sparks an impressive Giants run and right the ship.

Part of me wants to say you are crazy. But part of me wants to believe. This could very well be the game that the Giants decide to show up all of a sudden and leave everyone scratching their heads. Or we could end up like last week and look like a High School team. Only thing I know is I am looking forward to the draft already.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will make the GDT when we play the Raiders Laughing we don't stand a chance in this game. The Chiefs D is playing very well and can pressure with just their front.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Houston is coming off a 4.5 sack game. He might have the single season sack record by the time this game is over Laughing

Chiefs 100
Giants -2
Vulcan_Prime

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesHAM wrote:
Justin Houston is coming off a 4.5 sack game. He might have the single season sack record by the time this game is over Laughing

Chiefs 100
Giants -2

Does it alarm anyone else that Will Beatty has looked absolutely terrible? We just gave the guy a 37 million dollar contract and he looked like crap against Charles Johnson. I mean honestly what happened?
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guarantee the Giants win this game to shock everyone... and then lose the next three in true Giants fashion.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
I guarantee the Giants win this game to shock everyone... and then lose the next three in true Giants fashion.

I just dont see any possible way to block their front 7...put jacobs on the line at this point
kitchenbags

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they'll win

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: