Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Forget Kenny Britt, Josh Gordon anyone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Forget Kenny Britt, Josh Gordon anyone? Reply with quote

I heard the Browns are willing to trade him. The guy is a stud. I say we give Cleveland a 3rd and a 6th. That sounds very reasonable. Get him here Ozzie!

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been mentioned in the Kenny Britt thread. I think it would be a great move for the Ravens. I doubt they want to trade him within the division, though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, forget Gordon, get Jordan Cameron. He looks good, so the Browns probably want to trade him too.

But really, I expect their list of trade demands includes, 'no Steelers, Bengals or especially Ravens allowed'.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my bad. Didn't even know but would anyone other than myself give Cleveland a 1st and 3rd for both Gordon and Cameron? I think that would be a nice trade for both parties.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget those guys, let's get us some BRIAN HOYER!!! WOOOO!!!

No but seriously I'm all aboard the Josh Gordon train.

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
Oh my bad. Didn't even know but would anyone other than myself give Cleveland a 1st and 3rd for both Gordon and Cameron? I think that would be a nice trade for both parties.

Get them to throw Joe Thomas in as well, and we'd have a deal.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Been mentioned in the Kenny Britt thread. I think it would be a great move for the Ravens. I doubt they want to trade him within the division, though.
Thats the major problem, its a shame we're in the same division as them otherwise I could almost certainly see it happening.

I would much rather have him over Kenny Britt.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also have to consider that Gordon is one failed drug test away from a year suspension. There has to be something else that's pushing the Browns to trade him too. That alone doesn't seem to be enough for them to get rid of Gordon. It's definitely not the on-field part of his game since that can be pretty spectacular at times. Either way I doubt Gordon will be traded on the cheap. Based on talent he's worth at least a 1st round pick. Does the potential suspension and whatever other reasons dilute his value that much? Probably not, maybe a 2nd round pick plus some others at the minimum. And that's all before considering the intra-division factor. It's not happening. A outside duo of Smith and Gordon would be something special though.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting past the idea of the Browns dumping their good players, what exactly is wrong with Marlon Brown?

I mean, is there any reason that people want to see some other receivers come in and start ahead of him? He's looked good in his first two NFL games now, and quiet but still a bit involved in his third. If the offense starts to click, there's no reason he can't be a big player for the Ravens in the passing game.

I'm quite happy with Smith and Brown as the starting WRs, and I still want to see Deonte Thompson in the slot when he's healthy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Getting past the idea of the Browns dumping their good players, what exactly is wrong with Marlon Brown?

I mean, is there any reason that people want to see some other receivers come in and start ahead of him? He's looked good in his first two NFL games now, and quiet but still a bit involved in his third. If the offense starts to click, there's no reason he can't be a big player for the Ravens in the passing game.

I'm quite happy with Smith and Brown as the starting WRs, and I still want to see Deonte Thompson in the slot when he's healthy

I think a lot of it is that he's an UDFA, nothing more. If he had been a mid round selection, which he would have been without the injury last season, most of this talk would be about his potential as a #2 WR.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowadays you pretty much need to have three quality receivers on your roster to be set at that position. I don't think bringing in another receiver would be much of an indictment on Brown nor do I think he would lose much playing time because of it. Flacco seems to have some really nice chemistry with him for being this early in his career and the season. My hope would be that if another receiver is brought in that Stokley would get the axe, but to be honest I don't think they do anything significant with the position this season. They'll wait and see what happens when Thompson and Jones get back.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:

You're not the only one who wants to see us move forward with a Smith-Brown-Thompson trio. Stokley is certainly proving his worth as a chain mover. Jones can come back and run some 9 routes as he finishes up his contract.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:

You're not the only one who wants to see us move forward with a Smith-Brown-Thompson trio. Stokley is certainly proving his worth as a chain mover. Jones can come back and run some 9 routes as he finishes up his contract.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you manage to double-post an hour and a half apart from each other? Laughing
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
How did you manage to double-post an hour and a half apart from each other? Laughing

Hamsters took a nap and then had dinner before running on their wheel again Wink

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: