Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Source: Ron Rivera's job safe for 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faccda01

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Source: Ron Rivera's job safe for 2013 Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000249483/article/report-ron-riveras-job-safe-as-panthers-coach-in-2013

According to ProFootballTalk this was even true before our win yesterday. Obviously Jerry Jones says this a lot and doesn't stick to it, but I don't think Richardson would do something like that.

What do you guys think having Rivera safe for the season? Were last weeks' rumors enough to motivate him and the squad?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time will tell if the rumors from last week motivated the team. They sure played like they were trying to save Rivera's job yesterday.
It will be key to see how we come out of the bye week.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont even see the point in firing him honestly

its not like we have anyone who is a viable HC candidate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's amazing how easily we could be 3-0. 1 less dwill fumble and some balls shown by rivera and we could be tied for the division lead. but I think the last game saved him. hopefully the bye week and win fires the team up bc I don't want to go 1-6 then go on a tear at the end of the year for no purpose.

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
panther dude

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guys really seem to put out for him when they know his head is on the block. Something about him clicks with the team. I hope we keep the momentum going because Ron is a likeable guy, I'm hoping he keeps a winning record so he can stay around.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worries me that this team only plays well when Rivera is on the chopping block. We need a coach that can fire the team up from week 1. Playoffs or bust for Rivera, no if, and's, or but's about it.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
Worries me that this team only plays well when Rivera is on the chopping block. We need a coach that can fire the team up from week 1. Playoffs or bust for Rivera, no if, and's, or but's about it.

Agreed. I'm just hoping this motivation stays even though he has security. Maybe there's finally a fire lit under him and the team. The team does genuinely like to play for him, which hopefully translates to more wins.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

Agreed. I'm just hoping this motivation stays even though he has security. Maybe there's finally a fire lit under him and the team. The team does genuinely like to play for him, which hopefully translates to more wins.

It worked well for Tom Coughlin for years, every year he's been on the chopping block; his team walks away with a SB, which gives him another 2 seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

It worked well for Tom Coughlin for years, every year he's been on the chopping block; his team walks away with a SB, which gives him another 2 seasons.

Very true. Hopefully Rivera takes a page out of Coughlin's book and continues the aggressive approach that he showed on Sunday.
Panthers #1 Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this was the motivation he needed. Our schedule isn't as scary as it once seemed to be. SF and Atlanta havent looked like the powerhouses they were supposed to be and New England seems winnable as well. The toughest test on our schedule as of now seem to be Miami and NO. And I think we can win those games too. Playoffs are a legit possibility in my opinion.
faccda01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can keep winning games that we are supposed to, the playoffs would be a certainty with the shape of the NFC right now.

If the season ended today, the Eagles would have the #2 wild card. Does anyone think they are a better team than us?

The Saints are looking to run away with the division early. We usually play them well, my guess is a split. I think we can sweet the Bucs, and possibly the Falcons. We should have swept the Falcons last year, but we all know how that turned out. Hopefully our focus and motivation is there this year, and we can definitely make some noise.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rivera is being given a great opportunity to make the playoffs this year with the nfc being so inconsistent. if we don't make it we'll know why and it will be the final nail in his coffin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
rivera is being given a great opportunity to make the playoffs this year with the nfc being so inconsistent. if we don't make it we'll know why and it will be the final nail in his coffin

Agreed. We are getting a second chance after an 0-2 start. We are still in the thick of things with how bad the NFC is this year. Right now the NFC East is just a joke. The Saints look like they will run away with the South this year, and the Seahawks with the West. I'd say our main competition right now is the two teams that don't win the north (GB, Chi, Det), the 9ers, and the Falcons.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: