Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jacoby Jones Hurt in Bus Brawl?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nucky wrote:
Cant really say I feel sorry for him. You wonder why its always the select players that get in trouble, its because they put themselves in that position. Nothing good ever happens past 12. Not saying they cant have fun their life. Personal responsibility thats all. There are players that go their entire careers and never get in trouble.

And what the hell kind of name is Sweet pea ? Reminds me of someone who sent me a friend request on facebook named Butter. Never trust a girl named Butter.

Could be much worse... He could've attempted to drive home drunk and crash into some public property. At least this boneheaded activity happened responsibly.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Nucky wrote:
Cant really say I feel sorry for him. You wonder why its always the select players that get in trouble, its because they put themselves in that position. Nothing good ever happens past 12. Not saying they cant have fun their life. Personal responsibility thats all. There are players that go their entire careers and never get in trouble.

And what the hell kind of name is Sweet pea ? Reminds me of someone who sent me a friend request on facebook named Butter. Never trust a girl named Butter.

What do you want them to do? Stay home every night and play Yahtzee? He didn't get in trouble. He was the victim of an assault.

There's definitely a way to have fun without going on a party bus after a win with a bunch of strippers.

You want a perfect example: Torrey Smith.

Exactly. Theres a reason you don't see a guy like Torrey or Joe or heck Manning get arrested. Yet we see idiots like aldon smith, von miller, Pacman Jones (extreme example) with repeated patterns of foolishness.

Jacoby is a grown man. He can make choices in his life and he sure has hell doesn't need my opinion. Its all about personal responsibility. Im sure they get babied about this at the symposium. He should deal with the consequences of what could happen being at a party with strippers at 3am. Not rocket science. Im sure that bottle hurt. Glad he's okay. Look forward to seeing him play.
"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Nucky wrote:

What do you want them to do? Stay home every night and play Yahtzee? He didn't get in trouble. He was the victim of an assault.

There's definitely a way to have fun without going on a party bus after a win with a bunch of strippers.

I can't think of a better one.

Seriously though. What is so sinister about a party bus w/strippers?

Anytime you are around strangers and there is alcohol, there is a chance something can happen. If you are suggesting NFL players should just avoid alcohol and strangers, that's unrealistic.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Nucky wrote:

I can't think of a better one.

Seriously though. What is so sinister about a party bus w/strippers?

Anytime you are around strangers and there is alcohol, there is a chance something can happen. If you are suggesting NFL players should just avoid alcohol and strangers, that's unrealistic.

I'm not going to be naive about this, NFL players are very immature for the most part. There is absolutely everything wrong with being on a party bus at 3am with strippers and alcohol when you play in the NFL.

If you put yourself in that situation, you are thinking about only yourself and not the team, the organization, the fans, the city, etc. etc.. These guys aren't acting like professional athletes, they're acting like college frat boys.

You can have fun, but honestly if you can't find more responsible ways to have fun when you're a millionaire playing in the biggest spotlight in America, you have some serious issues, because Joe Flacco, Torrey Smith, Ray Rice, etc. have no problems whatsoever.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
rayvens4sb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, what does Torrey Smith do after wins? I couldn't find anything on it
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayvens4sb wrote:

Probably plays Madden, donates his time to charity, or hangs out on twitter. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
rayvens4sb wrote:

Probably plays Madden, donates his time to charity, or hangs out on twitter. Laughing

He goes on Twitter, but he also goes out to dinner with his wife and that's all I know from following him on Twitter haha he definitely doesn't stay out 'til 3am on party buses with strippers (now watch reports come out with Torrey being one of the 'unidentified' Ravens).

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All joking aside. I don't think this is that big of a deal. These guys were being responsible by partying on a bus and not partying/drinking and then driving.

There's nothing wrong with partying or having strippers. Personally, I'm not a fan of that type of celebrating, but it happens plenty for bachelors parties. And some people like to "go big" on their birthdays as if it IS a bachelors party.

And I also understand that every now and again people simply do stupid things or run into rare circumstances. McKinnie hasn't gotten in trouble in some time and Jacoby doesn't have a history of these types of things happening.

No one got shot, no one crashed a car, and to our knowledge no one was doing any illegal drugs.

And I think that's the thing. There's a grand difference between being involved in a bad situation and being a "bad situation". And I'm just not a fan of this persecution culture the NFL and its fans have sort of joined into. It used to be fans would tolerate "their" players doing almost anything. But lately its almost started to pull a 180... Fans are starting to persecute players for things that really aren't that big of a deal.

While this situation deserves some embarrassment, sure. But let's not throw Jacoby's character under the bus until this becomes a repeated offense. Even McKinnie has been well behaved here for the past few years. I think both players definitely deserve a pass here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the worst thing we're hearing about our players off-the-field is that some crazy stripper hit THEM with a bottle -- I think we're in pretty good shape.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to crush jacoby for being on a party bus with strippers. To my knowledge there's nothing illegal or endangering to others going on. Would I rather all players play, practice, workout and rest? Yes. Is that realistic to expect from young famous millionaires? Not really.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://thebiglead.com/2013/09/26/jacoby-jones-on-the-stripper-and-the-champagne-bottle-wrong-place-wrong-time/

Jacoby Jones wrote:
“I’m going to take the responsibility that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time,” Jones said. “There was no altercation. There’s nothing wrong. I did nothing wrong but I take responsibility for being in wrong place at the wrong time. Enough said. I apologize to my teammates and everybody.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: