Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Gordon
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Josh Gordon Reply with quote

There are numerous reports that Josh Gordon is on the trade block. I think the asking price is probably a 2nd/3rd round pick. In either case, he is well worth it. Stevie in the slot with Gordon/Woods out wide. His size/speed combination makes him a legitimate #1 receiver on the field. Just have to keep him out of trouble. His next failed drug test will cost him a full season.

TommyC376^^^
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thanks, love what he brings to the table but, we are set at WR. That pick next year could help with our secondary. Now if Joe Haden was on the block, thaaaaaaats another question entirely.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have enough talent at wideout to be okay for a while.

The issue isn't the talent, it's how we've been using it through play calling the first three games. Hackett has been atrocious.

Besides, Gordon is one mistake away from a year long suspension. Too much of a gamble to take on him.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I thought Bills fans would love the idea of a big physical receiver. Especially after watching everyone get shut down 1 on 1 for most of last game. The Jets just blitzed us like usually and shut us down 1 on 1. Sounds like you think the game plan was at fault rather than the execution.

TommyC376^^^
TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If CJ Spiller gets going, our offense can open up. If CJ has a good day, that means we don't have to rely on a rookie QB against a uber aggressive defense. Our WRs aside from Stevie Johnson had a pretty bad game, Graham looked lost out there, and Woods couldn't seem to get open.

On the Josh Gordon note, I would love to have him. Has all the tools to be a dominant #1 WR. However like its been said, he is one more failed drug test from a 1 year suspension. I don't want to risk that. Plus we are still rebuilding, I would assume that it would take at least 2 draft picks to get him, and we are still rebuilding.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
Hmmm I thought Bills fans would love the idea of a big physical receiver. Especially after watching everyone get shut down 1 on 1 for most of last game. The Jets just blitzed us like usually and shut us down 1 on 1. Sounds like you think the game plan was at fault rather than the execution.

It was like that on both sides too, we blitz, DB's/WR's 1 on 1. I think most of our problems, and I like E.J. don't get me wrong, but he never was either on the same page for those WR 1 on 1's, or he never gave the WR a chance to get it (thrown too far out of bounds/uncatchable).

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd much rather trade a 5th for Greg Little.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is saying about how were set at WR. There were times (not many) on Sunday where Manuel had time to throw and nobody was open. I blame a lot of it on the short route play calling but our WR's need to get open. And also learn how to come back to the QB on a busted play. Oh and get TJ out of here, i have 0 faith in his ability outside of speed. One trick pony.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with this idea, besides the risk given his past off-field tendencies, is that I simply don't believe we are one player away from turning things around...and I do realize that wasn't implied in the OP. I just don't think you trade away a significant draft pick unless it finally gets you that key piece that was missing. Let's keep our draft picks, use them, and let the young guys develop. There's no quick fix here, so lets build from within.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon or little would be at the bottom of the list. Woods has shown he is the #2 wr and with stevie they are set. Once goodwin comes back they will be even better. I think OT Thomas or Haden would be a great move. Maybe byrd for Thomas? A Williams and J Leonard have shown they are capable of starting with searcy and duke they are set at the safety position. The bills could use some help on oline and maybe putting Glenn at guard and Thomas at LT that can help out Spiller and Ej.

Byrd would be a good answer to the defense they are building and having their CBs and Byrd that defense could be good at the line and in the backfield.

Thanks Max
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Gordon or little would be at the bottom of the list. Woods has shown he is the #2 wr and with stevie they are set. Once goodwin comes back they will be even better. I think OT Thomas or Haden would be a great move. Maybe byrd for Thomas? A Williams and J Leonard have shown they are capable of starting with searcy and duke they are set at the safety position. The bills could use some help on oline and maybe putting Glenn at guard and Thomas at LT that can help out Spiller and Ej.

Byrd would be a good answer to the defense they are building and having their CBs and Byrd that defense could be good at the line and in the backfield.

Gordon would play over Robert Woods.

For sure

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon would play over Stevie Johnson. For sure.

TommyC376^^^
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the eff cares who he'd play over?

We aren't trading for him.

#JDI
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the point is why would you waste another early pick on wr. This argument doesn't make sense at all.

2012 3rd rd graham
2013 2nd rd woods
3rd rd Goodwin

the bills are set at wr.

This position could be considered on the bottom of the needs list right next to Rb.

bills need help at CB and oline. Te is serviceable but they do eventually need an upgrade.

Thanks Max
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
Who the eff cares who he'd play over?

We aren't trading for him.

Nice insight! Upgrading your roster is always a priority. Unless you're satisfied with being 2-2? Every bills fan should care.

TommyC376^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: