Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Had to see a man about a Horse...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Had to see a man about a Horse... Reply with quote

So, its looking pretty obvious that RB is going to need to be addressed in the next year or two. ANd with Jeff Fisher, we could end up getting one in each draft. So my question would be, of the Big name RBs likely to be coming out soon, who would you all want in Horns?

DeAnthony Thomas - Oregon
Ka'Deem Carey - Arizona
Lache Seastrunk - Baylor

TJ Yeldon - Alabama
Todd Gurley - Georgia
Duke Johnson - Miami (FL)
Keith Marshall - Georgia
Jeremy Hill - LSU
Mike Davis - South Carolina

For the record, Im a big Duke Johnson guy and I think he can be a really special player in the NFL
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tj Yeldon is that dude.. I see a lethal Marshawn Lynch in him, He just never falls backwards and always gains 2-4 yards after contact.

BBL
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Tj Yeldon is that dude.. I see a lethal Marshawn Lynch in him, He just never falls backwards and always gains 2-4 yards after contact.

If it's one from each draft, I'd like the combo of Yeldon and Thomas. If I had to pick just one then it's a tie between gurly and Yeldon. I'm a HUGE fan of both but I think I'll pick gurly

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

If it's one from each draft, I'd like the combo of Yeldon and Thomas. If I had to pick just one then it's a tie between gurly and Yeldon. I'm a HUGE fan of both but I think I'll pick gurly

I haven't seen Gurley.

BBL
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
RamForLife81-39 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

I haven't seen Gurley.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C2TMQ5HFgPQ&feature=related

Not the video I wanted but the other isn't working. Of course it's a highlight video so it shows his good and not the bad

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ Yeldon is NOT Marshawn.

But I still love what he does. Id like Thomas in the 2nd this year maybe either that or TJ or Gurley next year.
BamaRam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeAnthony Thomas is intriguing for me. I just don't think his skillset translates to an NFL RB as much as Tavon Austin's translated to an NFL WR. If he is available in the second round, and we haven't gotten a RB yet, I would be very interested in grabbing him. He is an exciting player and I'd pay big money to see him in the same offense with Austin.

I think Lache Seastrunk is underrated. I would take him late round one. He reminds me of Jamaal Charles coming out of Texas. Charles was a top-tier athlete who hadn't been really developed and was considered quite raw. Seastrunk has a better build and is quite advanced in the passing game to go along with his NFL speed.

Watch him pull away during the run at 1:05.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WAIr3WHjV4
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrence Ganaway also pulled away from people at times...

Idk Im not a fan of Seastrunk. He has the ability, but hes always cramping/getting hurt and seems a bit immature from some of his question responses from media.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far and away the best RB is Gurley. Stay away from Yeldon.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

What don't you like about Yeldon?

For me what scares me is the fact that he plays for Bama.. It's easier to have success there than anywhere else. I like Gurley I bit more I think

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards
catcheryea

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

I feel like you meant to say Gurley instead of Yeldon.

Jaboo2Rams

I am the Cinnabon of posters.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catcheryea wrote:
El ramster wrote:

No.. I see Lynch in him, Not a fast back but just a big guy who gets yardage.

I really still feel that Pead is the answer, I just see too much shady esque quickness to his game. The dude makes guys miss with his quick cuts and he has so much wiggle. It's just his vision and failure to explode thru the hole.. Richardson can't carry the full load as we have seen vs the Cards and Falcons. He's too small to be carrying the rock 20+..

Last year he would explode once the Horse would wear our defenses. We need to see more Stacey, The dude is a load and is good for 3-4 yards per pop Laughing Laughing Laughing Dude moves piles.

BBL
catcheryea

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
catcheryea wrote:
El ramster wrote:

No.. I see Lynch in him, Not a fast back but just a big guy who gets yardage.

I really still feel that Pead is the answer, I just see too much shady esque quickness to his game. The dude makes guys miss with his quick cuts and he has so much wiggle. It's just his vision and failure to explode thru the hole.. Richardson can't carry the full load as we have seen vs the Cards and Falcons. He's too small to be carrying the rock 20+..

Last year he would explode once the Horse would wear our defenses. We need to see more Stacey, The dude is a load and is good for 3-4 yards per pop Laughing Laughing Laughing Dude moves piles.

I just think Gurley is Lynch with better long speed. I was a bigger fan of Yeldon coming into the year, but he hasn't looked as impressive to me as he did last year, while Gurley has been remarkable. He's a really tough guy to bring down, and once he sheds a tackle, he can run away from the defense. They both have another year to go though, so Yeldon can definitely pull ahead again, but it'll take some work.

Sidenote, I've said it many times and I'll say it again, RB in 2014 is not the way we need to go.

Jaboo2Rams

I am the Cinnabon of posters.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

What don't you like about Yeldon?

For me what scares me is the fact that he plays for Bama.. It's easier to have success there than anywhere else. I like Gurley I bit more I think

Just that. He is a Bama Back. Over-hyped with an amazing cast often leads to disappointing results.

I also think you guys are approaching the RB position the wrong way. Unless you can draft Gruley, I would not touch a RB in the first two rounds.

Here is a great breakdown by a fellow Cowboy Poster:

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Since 2000, 38 runningbacks have been drafted in the first round.

Only 4 were able to have careers that were 1) worth and first round pick and 2) worth giving an extension.

Adrain Peterson, Steven Jackson, Ladainian Tomlinson, and Shaun Alexander. None of them were able to win a Super Bowl as of today.

Of those 38, unless my research is wrong, only 2 contributed even moderately to Super Bowl wins for those teams: Joseph Addai and Jamal Lewis... Both in their rookie seasons.

Runningbacks are a bad investment. It's not a position you can build a contender around anymore. The Browns made a mistake drafting him in the first place, not trading him away.

As for the Colts, the trade makes sense. Add him to a team that's ready to compete (like with Addai or Lewis), and it could make them a legit contender.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chance to land a back like AP, Edge, Faulk, Smith, LT, Jax and others is great as well though. The whole draft is a crap shoot. Pretty sure we can do that with any position.

Jamal Lewis was also worth a 1st round pick. We're talking about a 2k yard rusher.

BBL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: