Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Week 4 - @ Browns (1-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haden is a beast, but Greens historically owned him.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on vacation this week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Cleveland has the best QB in the game. Pulling for them, though I want AJ to get a few (4+) TDs in the game.

Dear God. Please stop.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Cleveland has the best QB in the game. Pulling for them, though I want AJ to get a few (4+) TDs in the game.

I hope by "best QB in the game" that you are referring to the NFL and not just this game. Hoyer projects to throw for over 5000 yards and 48 TDs over a 16 game season.

Oh, and ummmm 48 interceptions.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

God, not you again.

FYI, Joe Haden has always played AJ Green tough, going back to their college days. AJ doesn't get much change out of Haden so I expect AJ to have an average game, but the Bengals to get plenty of balls to Sanu/ Eifert/ Gresham/ Jones/ Bernard. (Those are some of the other Bengal receivers in the game NBT....)

Whats the weather forecast up on the lake; its always a big factor up there ? It might be a game to keep in on the ground.

See my earlier post. AJ does just fine against Haden. Better than his career averages in fact. So let's stop throwing that myth around.

Except Haden wasnt always covering him on his big catches. I can remember 2.

Ok, but that doesn't matter. The Bengals are going to move Green around. You'll see him on the left and ride side, and in the slot. Haden won't be on him all game, and Green will get his catches.

All i'm really saying is that no one should expect Haden to shut AJ down, because A) he won't cover him exclusively and B) it's never happened.

Thomas5737 wrote:
There was also the long play where the Browns hadn't even left the huddle. Not A.J.'s fault, but I can't lay the blame soley on Haden

Eh, that was AJ's first game ever. Not saying it doesn't count, because he still got paid for that game. But i am implying that it doesn't hold as much weight as the more recent games.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:

Thomas5737 wrote:
There was also the long play where the Browns hadn't even left the huddle. Not A.J.'s fault, but I can't lay the blame soley on Haden

Eh, that was AJ's first game ever. Not saying it doesn't count, because he still got paid for that game. But i am implying that it doesn't hold as much weight as the more recent games.

Well when stats are thrown out about Green vs. Haden I think it deserves a mention. Play still happened and it counts the same, it just shouldn't be perceived as an AJ beat Haden play.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
theJ wrote:

Thomas5737 wrote:

Well when stats are thrown out about Green vs. Haden I think it deserves a mention. Play still happened and it counts the same, it just shouldn't be perceived as an AJ beat Haden play.

It shouldn't and neither should most of the others lol.

<3 JF
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giovani Bernard was on the ESPN Fantasy Football Podcast. Apparently he doesn't like to be called Gio.

He also mentioned that the hamstring injury wasn't an injury at all. He laughed about the fact that the Bengals put him on the injury report. Said "i'm sorry, it was the more pointless injury report of all time".

He talked a little bit about the goal line work load. Mentioned that the Bengals don't really have a specific goal line back. I like that, think it's smart. It's silly to me that it's always limited to the "big guy" when sometimes they're not good runners.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently this guy who I can't call gio has never seen a new England injury report.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
theJ wrote:

Thomas5737 wrote:

You have sig/avatar confusion.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
Hoyer is starting again this week for the browns. Theres no excuse for the bengals not to win. Sure it will be close, but after a big win last week, this team has to get this win to build up some momentum for the Patriots coming up.

The defense should get the job done, but they need to be wary in the secondary. Its gonna come down to the offense. If they would let Bernard break it loose this sunday, the offense could end up breaking out.

Bengals 17 Browns 14

The Browns defense is legit and the conference game are always close, but I will be upset if we only win by 3. I want a 10+ win over the 3rd string QB and RB

Just don't see it happening, especially since its in Cleveland. The bengals haven't exactly had a "comfortable" win in Cleveland since 2008. Even though in 2011 they won by 10 it was still close till the end. A win is a win in my book.
pnies20

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
Hoyer is starting again this week for the browns. Theres no excuse for the bengals not to win. Sure it will be close, but after a big win last week, this team has to get this win to build up some momentum for the Patriots coming up.

The defense should get the job done, but they need to be wary in the secondary. Its gonna come down to the offense. If they would let Bernard break it loose this sunday, the offense could end up breaking out.

Bengals 17 Browns 14

The Browns defense is legit and the conference game are always close, but I will be upset if we only win by 3. I want a 10+ win over the 3rd string QB and RB

Just don't see it happening, especially since its in Cleveland. The bengals haven't exactly had a "comfortable" win in Cleveland since 2008. Even though in 2011 they won by 10 it was still close till the end. A win is a win in my book.

2008 was more embarrassing than any other season for Browns fans.

<3 JF
futbudds

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like some fellas in here are still drunk on some Hoyer the Destroyer man-sweat. Glad to see that the dark clouds have parted up north for a week!

Unless cincy can avoid turnovers (which I don't see happening) this game will stay close imo. Brownies d looks good but cincy's d looks better.

Bengals 20
Brown's 16
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the CB status for the Bengals. Debating whether to start Gordon at flex

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Green is great, no one argues that. Haden is approaching greatness, like it or not. It will be a great matchup, may the best man win.

Two great players goin' at it.

Haden is another underrated defender on an underrated defence up there on the lake; along with guys like DQJ and Rubin, who continually play well but get no love. Its gonna be another tough close game I reckon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: