Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Melton tears ACL; done for year - what to do going forward?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cody513


Joined: 15 Aug 2013
Posts: 126
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
I sure believe that it makes sense. If they can get Minter some reps from time to time, all the better. I do not believe that there is anybody out there who a team is willing to get rid of on the cheap that would be THAT much better than Collins. Anybody who would be better than Collins is going to cost more than they are worth, IMO.

We should know more later tonight or tomorrow morning since we bring in guys for workouts on Tuesdays. The names that show up on that list will give a strong indication of how the organization feels about Collins. I HIGHLY doubt there will be anybody on the list with the ability to supplant him, but I have made a mistake in judgement or two in the past. Shocked


speaking of which

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 27s
#Bears put 2 defensive tackles through tryout today: Landon Cohen and Daniel Muir, per NFL source. No move announced yet
https://twitter.com/BradBiggs
.


Never heard of either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 807
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that they signed Cheta Ozougwu back to the practice squad, once they IR Melton they will add someone (possibly, but not necessarily a DT) to the roster.

Last edited by Roadrunner on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner


Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 807
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cody513 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
I sure believe that it makes sense. If they can get Minter some reps from time to time, all the better. I do not believe that there is anybody out there who a team is willing to get rid of on the cheap that would be THAT much better than Collins. Anybody who would be better than Collins is going to cost more than they are worth, IMO.

We should know more later tonight or tomorrow morning since we bring in guys for workouts on Tuesdays. The names that show up on that list will give a strong indication of how the organization feels about Collins. I HIGHLY doubt there will be anybody on the list with the ability to supplant him, but I have made a mistake in judgement or two in the past. Shocked


speaking of which

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 27s
#Bears put 2 defensive tackles through tryout today: Landon Cohen and Daniel Muir, per NFL source. No move announced yet
https://twitter.com/BradBiggs
.


Never heard of either.


Both have bounced around the league for a few years. Neither have stuck. Muir was with the Packers twice.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 31s

Indication I get is neither Landon Cohen or Daniel Muir will be signed by #Bears at this point
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22291
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cody513 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
I sure believe that it makes sense. If they can get Minter some reps from time to time, all the better. I do not believe that there is anybody out there who a team is willing to get rid of on the cheap that would be THAT much better than Collins. Anybody who would be better than Collins is going to cost more than they are worth, IMO.

We should know more later tonight or tomorrow morning since we bring in guys for workouts on Tuesdays. The names that show up on that list will give a strong indication of how the organization feels about Collins. I HIGHLY doubt there will be anybody on the list with the ability to supplant him, but I have made a mistake in judgement or two in the past. Shocked


speaking of which

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 27s
#Bears put 2 defensive tackles through tryout today: Landon Cohen and Daniel Muir, per NFL source. No move announced yet
https://twitter.com/BradBiggs
.


Never heard of either.


I remember Muir starting for 2 or 3 years in Indy under Dungy but he played more the NT role instead of UT...never heard of Cohen but if we are looking for NT types it could mean Stephen Paea playing more at UT which wouldn't be a bad move.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 17994
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
cody513 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
I sure believe that it makes sense. If they can get Minter some reps from time to time, all the better. I do not believe that there is anybody out there who a team is willing to get rid of on the cheap that would be THAT much better than Collins. Anybody who would be better than Collins is going to cost more than they are worth, IMO.

We should know more later tonight or tomorrow morning since we bring in guys for workouts on Tuesdays. The names that show up on that list will give a strong indication of how the organization feels about Collins. I HIGHLY doubt there will be anybody on the list with the ability to supplant him, but I have made a mistake in judgement or two in the past. Shocked


speaking of which

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 27s
#Bears put 2 defensive tackles through tryout today: Landon Cohen and Daniel Muir, per NFL source. No move announced yet
https://twitter.com/BradBiggs
.


Never heard of either.


I remember Muir starting for 2 or 3 years in Indy under Dungy but he played more the NT role instead of UT...never heard of Cohen but if we are looking for NT types it could mean Stephen Paea playing more at UT which wouldn't be a bad move.


Well looks like they wont sign either....I think Phil has been having trouble finding depth at DT since training camp.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13858
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible injury/loss. Wish you guys well in replacing his services. Ton of respect for one of the truly great 3-tech's in the game. Hard not to respect his path to get there as well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16402
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
D'Anthony Smith - DL - Free Agent
Seahawks waived DT D'Anthony Smith.
It's a bit of a surprise after Smith signed a "one-year extension" earlier this month, though his deal didn't include any new guaranteed money. Acquired from the Browns at final cuts, Smith was active for two of the Seahawks' first three games, making five tackles. It's possible he'll get plucked off waivers.


Anyone know if he'd be a fit?
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Robbie Gould, K

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22291
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
D'Anthony Smith - DL - Free Agent
Seahawks waived DT D'Anthony Smith.
It's a bit of a surprise after Smith signed a "one-year extension" earlier this month, though his deal didn't include any new guaranteed money. Acquired from the Browns at final cuts, Smith was active for two of the Seahawks' first three games, making five tackles. It's possible he'll get plucked off waivers.


Anyone know if he'd be a fit?



3rd round pick for Jacksonville when Tucker was in charge so he could be a fit.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 17994
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They released him because if he would have played 1 more game the Jaguars would have received a 7th round pick
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16402
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
D'Anthony Smith - DL - Free Agent
Seahawks waived DT D'Anthony Smith.
It's a bit of a surprise after Smith signed a "one-year extension" earlier this month, though his deal didn't include any new guaranteed money. Acquired from the Browns at final cuts, Smith was active for two of the Seahawks' first three games, making five tackles. It's possible he'll get plucked off waivers.


Anyone know if he'd be a fit?



3rd round pick for Jacksonville when Tucker was in charge so he could be a fit.



GOGRIESE wrote:
They released him because if he would have played 1 more game the Jaguars would have received a 7th round pick



Soo...sounds like we should have interest.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Robbie Gould, K

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16402
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading up on him, sounds like he's been injured a lot.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Robbie Gould, K

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 16480
Location: CalhounLambeau on teh sig
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cbears?
More like Shebears
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9602
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Reading up on him, sounds like he's been injured a lot.


He is better than the scrubs on the street.

I am really wondering why we have not made a move to the active roster yet.
_________________
WindyCity "He will start week 1 because while he is raw he is shockingly athletic and can pass block. Long is a bigger risk than Cooper and Warmack, but I think he has just as high a ceiling."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16402
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Reading up on him, sounds like he's been injured a lot.


He is better than the scrubs on the street.

I am really wondering why we have not made a move to the active roster yet.


True, unfortunately he was waived, so he's got to pass a lot of teams before getting to us.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Robbie Gould, K

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thebeast15


Joined: 27 Apr 2013
Posts: 406
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Cbears?
More like Shebears


Hey now. C'mon mane
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group