Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Melton tears ACL; done for year - what to do going forward?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cody513

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
I sure believe that it makes sense. If they can get Minter some reps from time to time, all the better. I do not believe that there is anybody out there who a team is willing to get rid of on the cheap that would be THAT much better than Collins. Anybody who would be better than Collins is going to cost more than they are worth, IMO.

We should know more later tonight or tomorrow morning since we bring in guys for workouts on Tuesdays. The names that show up on that list will give a strong indication of how the organization feels about Collins. I HIGHLY doubt there will be anybody on the list with the ability to supplant him, but I have made a mistake in judgement or two in the past. Shocked

speaking of which

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 27s
#Bears put 2 defensive tackles through tryout today: Landon Cohen and Daniel Muir, per NFL source. No move announced yet
https://twitter.com/BradBiggs

Never heard of either.
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that they signed Cheta Ozougwu back to the practice squad, once they IR Melton they will add someone (possibly, but not necessarily a DT) to the roster.

Last edited by Roadrunner on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cody513 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
I sure believe that it makes sense. If they can get Minter some reps from time to time, all the better. I do not believe that there is anybody out there who a team is willing to get rid of on the cheap that would be THAT much better than Collins. Anybody who would be better than Collins is going to cost more than they are worth, IMO.

We should know more later tonight or tomorrow morning since we bring in guys for workouts on Tuesdays. The names that show up on that list will give a strong indication of how the organization feels about Collins. I HIGHLY doubt there will be anybody on the list with the ability to supplant him, but I have made a mistake in judgement or two in the past. Shocked

speaking of which

#Bears put 2 defensive tackles through tryout today: Landon Cohen and Daniel Muir, per NFL source. No move announced yet

Never heard of either.

Both have bounced around the league for a few years. Neither have stuck. Muir was with the Packers twice.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 31s

Indication I get is neither Landon Cohen or Daniel Muir will be signed by #Bears at this point
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cody513 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:

speaking of which

Never heard of either.

I remember Muir starting for 2 or 3 years in Indy under Dungy but he played more the NT role instead of UT...never heard of Cohen but if we are looking for NT types it could mean Stephen Paea playing more at UT which wouldn't be a bad move.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
cody513 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:

speaking of which

Never heard of either.

I remember Muir starting for 2 or 3 years in Indy under Dungy but he played more the NT role instead of UT...never heard of Cohen but if we are looking for NT types it could mean Stephen Paea playing more at UT which wouldn't be a bad move.

Well looks like they wont sign either....I think Phil has been having trouble finding depth at DT since training camp.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible injury/loss. Wish you guys well in replacing his services. Ton of respect for one of the truly great 3-tech's in the game. Hard not to respect his path to get there as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
D'Anthony Smith - DL - Free Agent
Seahawks waived DT D'Anthony Smith.
It's a bit of a surprise after Smith signed a "one-year extension" earlier this month, though his deal didn't include any new guaranteed money. Acquired from the Browns at final cuts, Smith was active for two of the Seahawks' first three games, making five tackles. It's possible he'll get plucked off waivers.

Anyone know if he'd be a fit?

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
It's a bit of a surprise after Smith signed a "one-year extension" earlier this month, though his deal didn't include any new guaranteed money. Acquired from the Browns at final cuts, Smith was active for two of the Seahawks' first three games, making five tackles. It's possible he'll get plucked off waivers.

3rd round pick for Jacksonville when Tucker was in charge so he could be a fit.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They released him because if he would have played 1 more game the Jaguars would have received a 7th round pick

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:

3rd round pick for Jacksonville when Tucker was in charge so he could be a fit.

GOGRIESE wrote:
They released him because if he would have played 1 more game the Jaguars would have received a 7th round pick

Soo...sounds like we should have interest.

CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading up on him, sounds like he's been injured a lot.

TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cbears?
More like Shebears
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:

He is better than the scrubs on the street.

I am really wondering why we have not made a move to the active roster yet.
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

He is better than the scrubs on the street.

I am really wondering why we have not made a move to the active roster yet.

True, unfortunately he was waived, so he's got to pass a lot of teams before getting to us.

thebeast15

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Cbears?
More like Shebears

Hey now. C'mon mane

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: