Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 Seahawks at Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
houstonX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, the defense has give up the least amount of yards in the league and are 1st or 2nd in first downs given up. They also have really only given up 21, 16, 17, and 13 points all season if not for special teams/schaub. Perhaps the offensive turnovers have led to more points given up the defense? Quick, someone look up a stat where the opposing team offense starts after a Texan turnover. Oh, and Whitney Mercilus has played great.
UNRenoTexanFan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Can't even stomach a full post-mortem right now. I can't think of a more typical Gary Kubiak loss than this one. Texans out gain the opponent 476 - 270 yet let drive after drive into the opponents territory die without points. Failure to put the game away by leaving points all over the field. Idiotic mental mistakes like Ben Tate fumbling and Schaub's inexcusable pick 6. I'm sure feeding Schaub to the wolves will pacify the masses, but just like benching Tate merely contributed further to the loss, I'm not sure Yates or Keenum is the answer. It is so friggin frustrating because Kubiak's offense was machine-like at times and Schaub did put up 355 yards against the best secondary in football, but they both possess this ability to snatch defeat from the arms of victory with their nervous nelly ways and terrible decision making. QBs and Coaches are paid to LEAD and it is just absolutely clear at this point that both of them are missing essential ingredients to accomplish that task against teams where the guys across the field actually have "it." It's time for a change and most likely at QB, but I'm just afraid we're going to see further constriction into hyper conservative Kubiak-mode which just ensures we will see more close games where Kubiak's complete lack of game feel will be further exposed. Heck, at this point, I'm all for it as when Kubiak infects Yates then Keenum, Texan fans will finally be right back where we were 2 years ago before Wade gave Kubiak a 2 year reprieve.

You typically know more about football than anyone else I can ask this. Would Josh Freeman be able to run this offense, in your opinion? I know he's declined the last couple years, but sometimes a change of scenery helps? I just don't know who else would have the possible upside and is also available for cheap.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UNRenoTexanFan wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
Can't even stomach a full post-mortem right now. I can't think of a more typical Gary Kubiak loss than this one. Texans out gain the opponent 476 - 270 yet let drive after drive into the opponents territory die without points. Failure to put the game away by leaving points all over the field. Idiotic mental mistakes like Ben Tate fumbling and Schaub's inexcusable pick 6. I'm sure feeding Schaub to the wolves will pacify the masses, but just like benching Tate merely contributed further to the loss, I'm not sure Yates or Keenum is the answer. It is so friggin frustrating because Kubiak's offense was machine-like at times and Schaub did put up 355 yards against the best secondary in football, but they both possess this ability to snatch defeat from the arms of victory with their nervous nelly ways and terrible decision making. QBs and Coaches are paid to LEAD and it is just absolutely clear at this point that both of them are missing essential ingredients to accomplish that task against teams where the guys across the field actually have "it." It's time for a change and most likely at QB, but I'm just afraid we're going to see further constriction into hyper conservative Kubiak-mode which just ensures we will see more close games where Kubiak's complete lack of game feel will be further exposed. Heck, at this point, I'm all for it as when Kubiak infects Yates then Keenum, Texan fans will finally be right back where we were 2 years ago before Wade gave Kubiak a 2 year reprieve.

You typically know more about football than anyone else I can ask this. Would Josh Freeman be able to run this offense, in your opinion? I know he's declined the last couple years, but sometimes a change of scenery helps? I just don't know who else would have the possible upside and is also available for cheap.

You didn't ask me but lots of other posters have mentioned him and I have yet to respond, so here goes

Freeman COULD be better than Schaub especially in our qb friendly system. He has a bigger arm, more mobile and could be taught to make more decisive reads, BUT I don't think he is what we need right now. Our team could be a DYNASTY we're so good. I mean were stacked in all phases of the team. I really think we need someone who could keep us on par and get better quick.

I really think Yates would be the best choice. Some clamor for Keenum, but something about Yates makes me think he has it. Better arm and more mobile, granted Case is even more mobile, but Yates has way better awareness than Schaub. His internal clock goes off and he typically makes a move. Not always, but he is still young. He knows our offense and should be able to keep the play book the same. I think he could be our answer, but most will disagree and even more so, Gary won't ever make the change. He will go down swinging with Schaub.
UNRenoTexanFan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
UNRenoTexanFan wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

You didn't ask me but lots of other posters have mentioned him and I have yet to respond, so here goes

Freeman COULD be better than Schaub especially in our qb friendly system. He has a bigger arm, more mobile and could be taught to make more decisive reads, BUT I don't think he is what we need right now. Our team could be a DYNASTY we're so good. I mean were stacked in all phases of the team. I really think we need someone who could keep us on par and get better quick.

I really think Yates would be the best choice. Some clamor for Keenum, but something about Yates makes me think he has it. Better arm and more mobile, granted Case is even more mobile, but Yates has way better awareness than Schaub. His internal clock goes off and he typically makes a move. Not always, but he is still young. He knows our offense and should be able to keep the play book the same. I think he could be our answer, but most will disagree and even more so, Gary won't ever make the change. He will go down swinging with Schaub.

Interesting, I hope Yates is what you think he is. I'll settle for anyone who doesn't just fall to the ground when the pocket gets tight.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
His internal clock goes off and he typically makes a move.

Not that I'm advocating Matt Schaub, but I wanted to pull this comment out and ask you what makes you think this to be the case. If anything, Yates has the worst internal clock I've seen in a QB - if the pressure comes from the blindside, Yates is as good as toast from what I have seen. If the pressure comes from the right or right up the gut, yeah...but that's with every QB, even our illustrious leader Matt Schaub. Backside pressure is where you need a finely tuned clock, and even preseason games showed me that Yates still ain't quite there.

I'm not advocating Schaub, and I'm not QUITE sold on Keenum, so it might be a moot point. Bring up Yates, simply because there's nobody better.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Not that I'm advocating Matt Schaub, but I wanted to pull this comment out and ask you what makes you think this to be the case. If anything, Yates has the worst internal clock I've seen in a QB - if the pressure comes from the blindside, Yates is as good as toast from what I have seen. If the pressure comes from the right or right up the gut, yeah...but that's with every QB, even our illustrious leader Matt Schaub. Backside pressure is where you need a finely tuned clock, and even preseason games showed me that Yates still ain't quite there.

I'm not advocating Schaub, and I'm not QUITE sold on Keenum, so it might be a moot point. Bring up Yates, simply because there's nobody better.

The year Yates played he did things Matt could never dream of doing, elude rushers and make plays with his legs, not like RG3, but like Flacco or bog Ben., just on a lesser level.

Yates did sometimes get whacked from the back side, but thats any rookie, he will work through it, but honestly I think Matt is WORSE when the pressure is at his face, he seems to feel it better from the blind side and slides up in the pocket, but when its up the gut or from his right side, he curls up and dies.

Yates or Case will make stupid plays no doubt, but at this point Schaub is making stupid plays and he isn't suppose to. Hes a vet. At least Yates or Case will have the ability to get better, Schaub will only get worse from here. We won't win a super bowl with him, so now IMO is the time to see if Yates or Case is our guy, if not we better find one this off-season before our window is closed.
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

I would echo this... based on preseason performance. TJ's internal clock didn't seem to be on at all times. It is just infuriating b/c Schaub plays great for 85% of the game, but that 15% seems to cost us a victory or dig us into a hole week after week. And he is Charmin soft in the pocket when touched... I think other teams know that and target it.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

The year Yates played he did things Matt could never dream of doing, elude rushers and make plays with his legs, not like RG3, but like Flacco or bog Ben., just on a lesser level.

Yates did sometimes get whacked from the back side, but thats any rookie, he will work through it, but honestly I think Matt is WORSE when the pressure is at his face, he seems to feel it better from the blind side and slides up in the pocket, but when its up the gut or from his right side, he curls up and dies.

If it was just his rookie year, I'd agree. It's not, though. In his scant playing time against New England in the regular season last year, Yates was completely murdered on a few plays, all from blindside rushes. It isn't as if New England has some savvy edge rushers either, they're actually pretty poor in that respect.

Even in the preseason, you saw Yates take some blindside hits - didn't lead to sacks, but it was clear he didn't expect the pressure to get there as quickly as it did. That isn't a defined internal clock; In fact, it's a point of concern against the speedy edge rushers of the NFL.

Quote:
Yates or Case will make stupid plays no doubt, but at this point Schaub is making stupid plays and he isn't suppose to. Hes a vet. At least Yates or Case will have the ability to get better, Schaub will only get worse from here. We won't win a super bowl with him, so now IMO is the time to see if Yates or Case is our guy, if not we better find one this off-season before our window is closed.

Oh, I agree with this. Again, I'm not advocating Schaub anymore. It's not an issue of him not being a talented QB either. He can very well be a good QB in this league, but his best bet is going to be outside of Houston. Perhaps he can be the guy to lead the way in Minny next season? Maybe he's the choice in Cleveland? Perhaps Schiano and Schaub in TB? I mean, the guy won't be out of a job for long, he will get in and start for a few teams in this league.

In HOUSTON, however...his time is done. "Change of scenery" is a phrase that is thrown around a lot, and this seems to be the case here.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
dsorc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that it must be insanely frustrating to the defense that they're ranked first in total yards and passing yards per game and yet they're bottom 10 in points per game. Wade Philips and his unit is keeping this team competitive while the rest of the teams keeps floundering. Would not be surprised if Kubiak is fired and Philips becomes head coach mid-season. Unlikely scenario but Kubiak is doing himself no favors lately.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
I'm thinking that it must be insanely frustrating to the defense that they're ranked first in total yards and passing yards per game and yet they're bottom 10 in points per game. Wade Philips and his unit is keeping this team competitive while the rest of the teams keeps floundering. Would not be surprised if Kubiak is fired and Philips becomes head coach mid-season. Unlikely scenario but Kubiak is doing himself no favors lately.

Aren't we dominating TOP, so the offense is really helping the defense.
In the end, if Schaub doesn't throw the Int, we win the game..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the BEST team in the NFL if you leave QBs out of the discussion. A Peyton manning would get 5 rings with us....Alex smith would leave us to a Super Bowl victory. Jay cutler would be a league MVP,

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
We have the BEST team in the NFL if you leave QBs out of the discussion. A Peyton manning would get 5 rings with us....Alex smith would leave us to a Super Bowl victory. Jay cutler would be a league MVP,

I agree, Schaub has regressed so much... too bad we are stuck with him until end of next season.

We didn't go after Payton Manning, that was a mistake. Now I feel we should have gone after Carson Palmer at least.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody hear any news on Cushing and his concussion? It would be a huge blow if he cant play next Sunday night, it's a huge game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First game against San Diego, Schaub played well despite the interception. After that game I thought as long as we have an above average QB, with Watt and Cushing on defense we will be fine. OH boy was I wrong

Here are some stats.

QBR first half of last season 78.1
QBR second half of last season 49.8
QBR this season 42.5

19 TD and 16 INT in last 14 games (including 2 play off games).
11 of those TD's came in only 3 games. 8 TD's in other 11 games.

The only thing keeping him the starting QB's is he showed some flashes of 2009 Schaub now and them. But anyone who watches Texans games knows he is done and only going to get worse from here on.

I am done with Schaub. He is going to stick around and maybe make some plays but we are not going anywhere with him. I hope we go 9-7 or 8-8 and don't make the play offs. At least that way either Kubiak or Schaub loose their jobs.

No other QB has as much talent around them as Schaub does. There is no way that anyone could bench Schaub when we still can make the playoffs. On the other hand I am sick of making the playoffs and just beating the Bengals, that is our best case scenario with Schaub.

Going into every game this season I am expecting to be down by a touchdown even before kickoff. So I am on th TJ Yates, Case Keenum, Josh Freeman bandwagons. why not just sign and play Tebow for against the 49's. I am sick of Schaub and his 16 million salary, he is worth only 10 at best. For that money we could have kept Winston or Glover Quinn.

Also McNair get your head together. How are you such a successful business man and can't see Kubiak is a fraud. get rid of him!
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Anybody hear any news on Cushing and his concussion? It would be a huge blow if he cant play next Sunday night, it's a huge game.

I thought I saw that he passed all the protocols last night (NFL Network, IIRC)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: