Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Running Game #3 best 10/29
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jiggad369

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe MM is just trolling the league into buying that he won't run on short yardage.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Dear Jay Cutler,
Sorry you got diabetes.
Love, Cookies.
Revel8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpTheSeam85 wrote:
And #2 YPC

^ This stat is often more important than total rushing yardage. Most would consider 150 yards a great day rushing, but what if it took 50 carries to get that yardage? The total yardage isn't as important in this equation as the average yards per rush is.

The Packers are trying to teach other teams to fear their run game. And by the way it's currently going, they're going to be successful.
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might get flamed for this...but...

I do like Lacy. Through 2 full games he is showing that he will be the answer for us for a long time. I would love to see some 100 yards games and a 1000 yard season. He adds another dimension to our offense.

But,

Did anybody else feel like the running game is effecting Rodgers and the receivers rhythm a little? The last few weeks have not looked like Packers football. Yes we had a few big plays and Nelson is making some nasty grabs, but overall i dont feel it. Especially compared to late 2010-2011 Green Bay. Finishing drives is especially ugly. We used to get hot and march all over the field. Now were fizzling out on short yardage third downs way more often then we should.

Just an observation.
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching this Falcons game, I can't help but remember when the majority of people on this board (me included) wanted Steven Jackson, and were disappointed when he went to Atlanta. Jackson is showing signs of his age and sidelined with an injury, and Green Bay was a yard from having their third different 100 yard rusher in three weeks.
Ronald323

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siman08/OH wrote:

I do like Lacy. Through 2 full games he is showing that he will be the answer for us for a long time. I would love to see some 100 yards games and a 1000 yard season. He adds another dimension to our offense.

But,

Did anybody else feel like the running game is effecting Rodgers and the receivers rhythm a little? The last few weeks have not looked like Packers football. Yes we had a few big plays and Nelson is making some nasty grabs, but overall i dont feel it. Especially compared to late 2010-2011 Green Bay. Finishing drives is especially ugly. We used to get hot and march all over the field. Now were fizzling out on short yardage third downs way more often then we should.

Just an observation.

not really the packers are 4th in passing
UpTheSeam85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald323 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:

But,

Just an observation.

I do think our offense is a little streaky right now, especially in the passing game, but as the season goes on I think the balance between our passing and rushing attack will have more a rhythm and flow to it rather than the choppy feeling it has right now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpTheSeam85 wrote:
Ronald323 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:

But,

Just an observation.

I do think our offense is a little streaky right now, especially in the passing game, but as the season goes on I think the balance between our passing and rushing attack will have more a rhythm and flow to it rather than the choppy feeling it has right now.

teams are playing a lot of cover 2 shell you have to run the ball
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald323 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:

But,

Just an observation.

Just imagine how much better we would be. We have been leaving alot of points on the field this season as compared to the last 3 years.
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpTheSeam85 wrote:
Ronald323 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:

But,

Just an observation.

And this is why i do love that we have Lacy. The potential for a GREAT offense is there...we just need to find that balance. Rodgers has had 1 great game, 2 okay games and 1 bad game so far this year. If we get rolling, the W's will rack up. Just feels like were sputtering and missing a few of the usual big plays.
Ronald323

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siman08/OH wrote:
Ronald323 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:

But,

Just an observation.

Just imagine how much better we would be. We have been leaving alot of points on the field this season as compared to the last 3 years.

i know the packers are running more but Arod never been a guy who pass the ball over 50 times a game . i never got why people think thats what the packers do all the time
squire12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MM and Rodgers need to recognize what teams are trying to take away and hit them with something else. The run game has been very effective against 6 in the box when GB has gone with 3WR and Finley. The have a harder time running when defenses are moving 7 or 8 in the box, and that is the time for Rodgers to check into something that can take advantage of the talent on the outside.

Hopefully as the season moves along, MM will get a better sense of how teams will be playing GB and be better able to take advantage of what is there. Overall they have rather well, but the redzone offense needs to cash in TD's vs FG.
Siman08/OH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald323 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:
Ronald323 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:

But,

Just an observation.

i know the packers are running more but Arod never been a guy who pass the ball over 50 times a game . i never got why people think thats what the packers do all the time

Notice i said big plays. Hes always at the top for yards per attempt.
Ronald323

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siman08/OH wrote:
Ronald323 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:
Ronald323 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:

But,

Just an observation.

Notice i said big plays. Hes always at the top for yards per attempt.

lol its hard to hit the big plays when teams play cover 2 shell half the time
strat1080

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald323 wrote:
Siman08/OH wrote:

But,

Just an observation.

Exactly. This offense is more balanced now. The problem has been more of the fact that there has been too many moving parts. Lacy was out so Starks went in. He got hurt then Franklin was back in. Then Lacy was back in. Finley got hurt in Cincinnatti and the passing game just wasn't te same after. Its a re-shuffled OL that is still trying to find rhythm. There is just too much stuff going on right now to have an offense hitting its stride right now.

I think it will get better as the season goes. We did put up 450 yards against Detroit. We just didn't generate very many points or TD drives.

I think we are a very underrated team right now though. Everybody looks at our record and are quick to rank other teams above us.

We are Top 5 in passing, rushing, and overall offense. We actually have a Top 5 run defense again. Its been a while since we've had a good run defense. We lost two very close games in which we actually had leads in the 4th quarter. We came close to beating two good teams on the road in SF and Cincy. I think if we played these teams later in the year the result would have been different. Those defensive fronts were simply too much for our re-shuffled OL to handle. Rodgers isn't in rhythm because he's getting pressured and hit a lot. Not because we are running the ball effectively.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers are only team in the league top-5 in both rushing and passing (yards per game).

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: