Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Running Game #3 best 10/29
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald323

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: The Running Game #3 best 10/29 Reply with quote

Rodgers said: IF THEY PLAY COVER 2, RUN THE BALL. WHEN THEY PUT 8 IN THE BOX THEN THROW IT DOWNFIELD. TD EVERYTIME

http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packers/0ap2000000261381/Rodgers-to-Nelson-for-a-64-yard-TD-pass-and-catch

Last edited by Ronald323 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:45 pm; edited 7 times in total
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I was thinking the same thing too. But this one was real special, because Cincy has the personnel to stop the run, but they couldn't stop us. I also like that we got some depth there.

The only real problem I had though was it didn't seem like we could get the short stuff. That might change when Lacey gets back, but for the first month and trying to change our identity? I am happily surprised.
Packer70

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we come out of the bye healthy at RB. Starks and Franklin both got hurt today although Franklin came back. I hope the 3 of them can stay healthy the rest of the way (doubtful with Starks' injury history)
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah despite these early losses, I'm a lot more confident in this team than last year's team. Once Lacy, Starks and Franklin are healthy it'll be fun to watch what they actually do in a committe approach. I doubt we do that though. We'll probably just feed Lacy, but I hope we don't....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a question...

Will there be a primary back or is it going to go back to RB by committee. My problem with the latter is it would take away from our no huddle. But RB by committee sure could keep the bodies healthy.

Nice part is, all 3 seem to show no fear running up the gut. Though how much do you want to do that with Starks, but especially Franklin.
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
Here's a question...

Will there be a primary back or is it going to go back to RB by committee. My problem with the latter is it would take away from our no huddle. But RB by committee sure could keep the bodies healthy.

Nice part is, all 3 seem to show no fear running up the gut. Though how much do you want to do that with Starks, but especially Franklin.

If it was committee, I'm sure it would be by series/formation/package, so it shouldn't really prevent the no huddle.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
Here's a question...

If it was committee, I'm sure it would be by series/formation/package, so it shouldn't really prevent the no huddle.

At first I thought that could work too. But then I got to thinking about it and I thought, well that would show tendencies... I'm not a guy who studies tape so I can't comment definitively on that.
squire12

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see the running game getting some positive results. Still need to be able to get those yards on 3rd/4th and short. Also need to be able to run the ball inside the red zone. If anyone watches the game again, interested to see how many runs we have inside the Cincy 20 and how many yards did we get.

Also, wondering how much of our running "success" is when we are in specific packages personnel wise, or when the D has only 7 in the box.
StinkySauce

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
Yeah despite these early losses, I'm a lot more confident in this team than last year's team. Once Lacy, Starks and Franklin are healthy it'll be fun to watch what they actually do in a committe approach. I doubt we do that though. We'll probably just feed Lacy, but I hope we don't....

I'm also feeling pretty good about the Pack this year. Last year when opponents sat in cover two all day we couldn't do anything about it. Now we can.

Our d is stopping the opponent's run.

Something to think about.

-------
"Give me Shackleton every time."
Bears Are Legit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starks is cool and all and should get some action but I'd like to see Lacy and Franklin get the bulk of the carries.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
Here's a question...

Depending how we use our TEs, I would actually like to see Lacey and Franklin in the game at the same time. If we find a TE that can block effectively, or move Kuhn to a TE position on run plays, we could see some interesting play calls. The coaching staff seems comfortable with Lacey in pass pro, and that would open up Franklin to be the short pass option in such a formation. It also allows us to run the ball with either of our backs on any given down. I know this is not an option for a base offense, but it sure could be one heck of an interesting wrinkle.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Ronald323

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any news on james starks i know he was getting MRI on monday
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald323 wrote:
any news on james starks i know he was getting MRI on monday

Wilde tweeted all 3 have a good chance to be back. Don't know what that means, but thats what he said.
Ronald323

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now the run game is 5 best ha i didnt know it was going to be this good.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2013&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be even better if MM would show a little mor confidence in the run game. I know he called more runs than passes yesterday, however- I will not buy that MM has confidence in his run game until its 3rd and 1 and he actually calls a run to Lacy. The guy puzzles me how he overthinks things sometimes...ie:

He calls a run with Franklin on 4th and 1 when clearly that is not Franklin's strength. This should have been the QB run-pass option.

Then on two 3rd and 1s yesterday he calls a pass option and even empties the backfield. This should have been the hammer- it is what you drafted him for. I understand a little play action sometimes, but empty the backfield when your interior was owning the Lions almost all game- I just do not get it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: