Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Gordon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Let's lock this thread up... if a player can't be had through the draft then he shouldn't be a player for us Wink

Why would you not want to try for Gordon?

Why does anyone think it would cost more than a 4th? He's one suspension away from a year long suspension. Let me say I would hate for Carolina to jump on it and have Cam throwing deep to him

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Let's lock this thread up... if a player can't be had through the draft then he shouldn't be a player for us Wink

Why does anyone think it would cost more than a 4th? He's one suspension away from a year long suspension. Let me say I would hate for Carolina to jump on it and have Cam throwing deep to him

No I was just joking I'd be all over that trade (referring to a discussion r&p and I where having in another thread)!

I won't say what I would move because I will get killed but it would be more than most I'll just say that.

Jackson, Williams, Gordon... Shocked

Someone mentioned about Gordon being strickly an outside receiver. I think that's bonkers. Now days a "slot" guy doesn't have to be a midget that runs fast/crisp routes. Teams are moving their #1's into the slot now because of the matchup problem it creates. Calvin Johson, Larry Fitz, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Vincent Jackson to name a few huge guys that run the slot a fair amount. Not saying Gordon would move there but Jackson would flatten backers, safeties or third corners that try and cover him.

He's making $1.5 per through 2015. Ya we don't have a capable qb right now but why not load up so when we do teams won't know up from down when they are trying to cover those three.

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

No I was just joking I'd be all over that trade (referring to a discussion r&p and I where having in another thread)!

I won't say what I would move because I will get killed but it would be more than most I'll just say that.

Someone mentioned about Gordon being strickly an outside receiver. I think that's bonkers. Now days a "slot" guy doesn't have to be a midget that runs fast/crisp routes. Teams are moving their #1's into the slot now because of the matchup problem it creates. Calvin Johson, Larry Fitz, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Vincent Jackson to name a few huge guys that run the slot a fair amount. Not saying Gordon would move there but Jackson would flatten backers, safeties or third corners that try and cover him.

He's making $1.5 per through 2015. Ya we don't have a capable qb right now but why not load up so when we do teams won't know up from down when they are trying to cover those three.

I would legitly give up two 3rds if I was the Panthers. No joke....Try and grab Watkins in the first and a Tackle in the second....Please dont read panthers fans lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

I would legitly give up two 3rds if I was the Panthers. No joke....Try and grab Watkins in the first and a Tackle in the second....Please dont read panthers fans lol

In the news section I actually commented the other day on the two teams I could see making a move for him and they were the Panthers and the Pats. Steve Smith is long in the tooth and they have no real threats outside of him. But I hope they don't and if they do Revis will welcome him when we play them and of course stop playing zone. I have to go wash my hands now. They feel all dirty after typing this Very Happy

Mike Evans 49 - 841 - 8
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
In the news section I actually commented the other day on the two teams I could see making a move for him and they were the Panthers and the Pats. Steve Smith is long in the tooth and they have no real threats outside of him. But I hope they don't and if they do Revis will welcome him when we play them and of course stop playing zone. I have to go wash my hands now. They feel all dirty after typing this Very Happy

LOL I feel the same way. I told my friend that's a Panthers fan they should be all over Gordon. Pair him with Watkins or one of the other studs this year and suddenly that Carolina squad might be the best in the NFC South

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: