Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Gordon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Josh Gordon Reply with quote

Thoughts on trading for Josh Gordon?

Looks like every other team is talking about him now. Been on the block the last week or so.

I know the risk with the suspension and all but we would have a solid group around him in Jackson and Williams. Everyone comments how we have nobody after those two. When Glennon gets his shot the more weapons we have for him the better. Josh also is signed through 2015 for around $1.5 per.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
5nick5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how set they are on trading him, especially after his game today, but I'd love the move. It'd be a double whammy if we traded Freeman for him.

We won't do anything though. Our coaching staff is too mentally inept to want to seize the opportunity to grab a great, young offensive playmaker, something this team could use. Instead we'll opt to stick with a washed up guy like Kevin Ogletree.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious? Especially after his performance today? You think he'll come cheap?

we need a f*ckin quarterback... Jackson and Williams are a perfect 1-2 combo, all we need is a couple decent slot guys for depth, not another #1 WR...
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guy I want to see get a chance is Page. Ogletree blows.

garbage
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice thought but I'd rather hold onto the 1st and 2nd round picks and use them on a QB and TE.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:

we need a f*ckin quarterback... Jackson and Williams are a perfect 1-2 combo, all we need is a couple decent slot guys for depth, not another #1 WR...

I don't think he will come "cheap" but given the fact that he comes with a one year suspension hanging over his head, doubt it takes a top 10 pick.

I agree we need a qb, that's out number one need and I don't think anyone with their head screwed on straight would argue that.

Are we even gonna give Glennon a shot here or just assume he's garbage and ride Free the rest of the year?

"All we need is a couple of slot guys for depth, not another #1 WR..."... huh? So your telling me if a guy like Fitz for example could be had cheap money wise you wouldn't want to make the move... settle for a "decent" guy instead. Sully's offense was best in NY when they were playing three wides. It's the way of the whole league now. You need 3/4 solid options in the passing game to be legit. Packers, Broncos, Saints, Pats (before this year), Bengals now, Bears, Falcons all surround their qbs with option after option. Ya we don't have a qb yet but I'm not suggesting we trade our first round pick. Put Glennon in the best position we can to succeed. If he's not the guy in walks a rookie qb with Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Doug Martin all waiting for him to pass them the ball.

Josh's contract goes through 2015. Jackson last year of his deal is 2016. Could be the perfect passing of the torch.

indifference

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of taking a starting caliber TE we'll just draft a back-up QB. Yeah, sounds like a typical TB coaching staff to me. And lets see with JG here, he's not exactly what you call a slot #3 guy. JG is an outside WR all the way.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't we traded for a Cleveland TE before?

and he has been killing it the past 3 weeks, I think they will ask for a 2nd and a 5th

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

I don't think he will come "cheap" but given the fact that he comes with a one year suspension hanging over his head, doubt it takes a top 10 pick.

I agree we need a qb, that's out number one need and I don't think anyone with their head screwed on straight would argue that.

Are we even gonna give Glennon a shot here or just assume he's garbage and ride Free the rest of the year?

"All we need is a couple of slot guys for depth, not another #1 WR..."... huh? So your telling me if a guy like Fitz for example could be had cheap money wise you wouldn't want to make the move... settle for a "decent" guy instead. Sully's offense was best in NY when they were playing three wides. It's the way of the whole league now. You need 3/4 solid options in the passing game to be legit. Packers, Broncos, Saints, Pats (before this year), Bengals now, Bears, Falcons all surround their qbs with option after option. Ya we don't have a qb yet but I'm not suggesting we trade our first round pick. Put Glennon in the best position we can to succeed. If he's not the guy in walks a rookie qb with Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Doug Martin all waiting for him to pass them the ball.

Josh's contract goes through 2015. Jackson last year of his deal is 2016. Could be the perfect passing of the torch.

Point being if we don't have anyone to throw the ball to these WRs, it's not gonna matter who we have... If our quarterback situation was set, I'd be all for it... even though I'd still put a TE and D-line depth ahead of WR
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would be stupid not to ask.

If it's a 4th or later I'm all for it.

We might suck this year but seeing Glennon rip it to Jackson, Gordon and Williams would at least be exciting

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

Point being if we don't have anyone to throw the ball to these WRs, it's not gonna matter who we have... If our quarterback situation was set, I'd be all for it... even though I'd still put a TE and D-line depth ahead of WR

When you have a chance to go and get a proven talent, if it's at the right price, you get it. We may not have a franchise QB yet, but at least when we get one, he'll have all the weapons he needs to work with.

Like BSH said, a 4th-round pick is the most we should give. He has too many character concerns for anything higher. We could use our 1st next year on a QB and a 2nd on a TE.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup I'm hoping

Mariota in the first

TE in the second (Lyeria or Ebron)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Yup I'm hoping

Mariota in the first

TE in the second (Lyeria or Ebron)

I think one of those TEs in the 2nd is a real possibility no matter the HC. We need a TE and there are good ones in this draft.

I don't think Mariota comes out. Hundley might come out and obviously if we have the 1st pick we have Bridgewater. Top 5 we have Boyd but is take Hundley over Boyd.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

When you have a chance to go and get a proven talent, if it's at the right price, you get it. We may not have a franchise QB yet, but at least when we get one, he'll have all the weapons he needs to work with.

Like BSH said, a 4th-round pick is the most we should give. He has too many character concerns for anything higher. We could use our 1st next year on a QB and a 2nd on a TE.

Well hell a 4th round pick and I'd be for it, but it'd be hard to imagine another team not giving a little more for him, there's a lot of teams that are contenders this year that could use a WR like him... if they're ok with the character concerns that is...
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's lock this thread up... if a player can't be had through the draft then he shouldn't be a player for us Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: