Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'm officially calling It - Roman Has to GO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23280
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Roman's been on point the past couple games. If he continues to call great games like this, on a consistent basis, there's no way I want him leaving this team.


Roman will be leaving the team as he will get a head coaching gig somewhere, but you think our offense slips once he leaves?


I think so. Harbaugh seems to like to promote from within, so he might do that again to keep continuity on offense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23280
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Roman's been on point the past couple games. If he continues to call great games like this, on a consistent basis, there's no way I want him leaving this team.


I have the same feeling about that as many here did about watching us go 13-3 with Alex as our QB in 2011. I can't help but think we can do better, and that what we do will not be enough against the best of teams.

I sure hope I'm wrong.


It's difficult to do much better. Our Redzone offense as greatly improved, and our run game is back. You can make the argument that our passing game has greatly suffered, but I'll take yards and points anyway you give it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14690
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Roman's been on point the past couple games. If he continues to call great games like this, on a consistent basis, there's no way I want him leaving this team.


I have the same feeling about that as many here did about watching us go 13-3 with Alex as our QB in 2011. I can't help but think we can do better, and that what we do will not be enough against the best of teams.

I sure hope I'm wrong.


It's difficult to do much better. Our Redzone offense as greatly improved, and our run game is back. You can make the argument that our passing game has greatly suffered, but I'll take yards and points anyway you give it.


It's hard not to be happy with 6-2, even though many were unhappy with 13-3. But that gnawing feeling in my gut isn't going to go away until I see us beat some really good teams. It might just be that we look "greatly improved" these past few weeks because none of the teams we've played have a winning record, and some are pretty darn bad. In fact the last two good teams we played beat us badly. It looks like we've gotten better, but we won't know for sure until we play a quality team. If Cam doesn't make some unforced errors against us that should be a more telling game for us.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14690
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Roman's been on point the past couple games. If he continues to call great games like this, on a consistent basis, there's no way I want him leaving this team.


Roman will be leaving the team as he will get a head coaching gig somewhere, but you think our offense slips once he leaves?


I think so. Harbaugh seems to like to promote from within, so he might do that again to keep continuity on offense.


Companies that promote from within often stagnate. An influx of new ideas and different approaches to things keeps any organization alive and vital.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23280
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Roman's been on point the past couple games. If he continues to call great games like this, on a consistent basis, there's no way I want him leaving this team.


Roman will be leaving the team as he will get a head coaching gig somewhere, but you think our offense slips once he leaves?


I think so. Harbaugh seems to like to promote from within, so he might do that again to keep continuity on offense.


Companies that promote from within often stagnate. An influx of new ideas and different approaches to things keeps any organization alive and vital.


New ideas can't come from within?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 28241
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
I think so. Harbaugh seems to like to promote from within, so he might do that again to keep continuity on offense.


Honestly, I really don't see the offense slipping much after Roman leaves. Yes, he's done a very good job, but Harbaugh will bring in the right guy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14690
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Roman's been on point the past couple games. If he continues to call great games like this, on a consistent basis, there's no way I want him leaving this team.


Roman will be leaving the team as he will get a head coaching gig somewhere, but you think our offense slips once he leaves?


I think so. Harbaugh seems to like to promote from within, so he might do that again to keep continuity on offense.


Companies that promote from within often stagnate. An influx of new ideas and different approaches to things keeps any organization alive and vital.


New ideas can't come from within?


Tha's what GM and Chrysler kept asking themselves. Seriously I have no idea what kind of OC Chryst would make. When we replaced ALex with Kap what I wanted was all the accuracy and chain-moving part of our short passing game with more mid and long range passes thrown in. What I'd want from a new OC is all the novelty and power of our running game with a better passing offense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23280
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Roman's been on point the past couple games. If he continues to call great games like this, on a consistent basis, there's no way I want him leaving this team.


Roman will be leaving the team as he will get a head coaching gig somewhere, but you think our offense slips once he leaves?


I think so. Harbaugh seems to like to promote from within, so he might do that again to keep continuity on offense.


Companies that promote from within often stagnate. An influx of new ideas and different approaches to things keeps any organization alive and vital.


New ideas can't come from within?


Tha's what GM and Chrysler kept asking themselves. Seriously I have no idea what kind of OC Chryst would make. When we replaced ALex with Kap what I wanted was all the accuracy and chain-moving part of our short passing game with more mid and long range passes thrown in. What I'd want from a new OC is all the novelty and power of our running game with a better passing offense.


Sounds like you want the perfect QB and OC. When our passing game improved last year, people complained about our running game taking a dip. Then when our running game went back to being elite, people are complaining about our passing game. Which one is going to be? Sure it's ideal to have a perfect balance, but it's highly unlikely. We have a winning formula with what we're doing right now. Sure, Kaep doesn't have the flashy passer stats, but he's much more with his legs.

If Roman calls the rest of the games as well as he's been the last two, do you still want him gone?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14690
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I not revive this thread after a game like today. Our passing game is the worst in the league. I mean it's total and complete garbage. And our overall offense and scoring ability against good teams is crap too. 3 points against Seattle, 7 against Indy, 9 today. I don't care how many bad teams we blow out if we can't beat good teams. And today my team, the team of Joe Montana and Steve Young and even Jeff Garcia had a rip-roaring 46 net yards passing! Really? Could you even imagine that as being possible under many of our other coaches - no matter what the D was doing?

When confronted with a good defense our offense looks as lost as Kap looks against a good pass rush - and I don't think the two are unrelated. We never look prepared at the sttart of a game - our offense sputters; today we took a timeout only two minutes into the game. We never seem up to the task of adjusting to another team's defense; never seem to have "an answer" for something they're doing that's working. I mean I ask you how many times have you ended a game thinking "we outcoached them today" vs "we were outcoached today"?

At this point I'm praying to the footvall gods that the rumors I've heard of USC wanting the Texas A&M coach are wrong. Please take Roman off our hands. And, please Jim, don't replace him with another Roman clone, and certainly not with the QB coach who is largely responsible for Kap's development and for our passing attack - or rather the lack of either.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 9797
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know what Kap can do as a passer because we've seen it before. At this point I'm blaming most of this on coaching. Kap has to take some blame too but our coaches need to put together an NFL offense ASAP!!!
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 9591
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
We know what Kap can do as a passer because we've seen it before. At this point I'm blaming most of this on coaching. Kap has to take some blame too but our coaches need to put together an NFL offense ASAP!!!


i thought our play calls were pretty good today. i couldnt see the routes down field though
kap was holding the ball for too long and then just crumble under pressure for the sack. or he would roll out 15 yards behind the los and our wrs dont seem to work back to him (like smith and ginn did to us)

under 100 yards though. thats terrible. im putting most of the blame on kap, he has look really bad in some games tonight.

i thought he was going to keep running after the last few weeks. but guess not. the option wasnt working and it seems like he kinda builds off that
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyJersey9er


Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 3842
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
We know what Kap can do as a passer because we've seen it before. At this point I'm blaming most of this on coaching. Kap has to take some blame too but our coaches need to put together an NFL offense ASAP!!!


i thought our play calls were pretty good today. i couldnt see the routes down field though
kap was holding the ball for too long and then just crumble under pressure for the sack. or he would roll out 15 yards behind the los and our wrs dont seem to work back to him (like smith and ginn did to us)

under 100 yards though. thats terrible. im putting most of the blame on kap, he has look really bad in some games tonight.

i thought he was going to keep running after the last few weeks. but guess not. the option wasnt working and it seems like he kinda builds off that


Any time Frank Gore only gets 2 runs in the second half the coaching staff deserves all the blame. Teams that abandon the run never win when they do if they have a lead.
_________________
Welcome to the 9ers Q!

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14690
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also time to start thinking about how our coaching staff evaluates offensive talent. We used a first round pick on Jenkins and we all know what a huge mistake that was. We got rid of Ginn who now is averaging about 17 yards per catch in favor of Moore who is out of football now and KW who shows next to nothing out there. We let our good punt and kick returner go and didn't bother to replace him. We just stuck KW in there, who sucks at both jobs, and now have a big lumbering guy back there returning kicks because we never addressed that part of our team. A second round pick should net you a really good player, if not eve a star. We used one second rounder on James who's been inactive more often than not and is now only used for returning kicks. And we used another second rounder on McDonald who I worry might be heading down the Jenkins path. Except for Vernon's injury he's hardly ever used, and when he is it's just as an extra blocker.

I think we all thought after that first season that what we needed were more offensive weapons, what we got was Jenkins, James, McDonals, Moore, Dixon/KW in the kick and punt returning roles, and even a QB who quite frankly has looked like for of a downgrade than an upgrade from the guy we let go. In the end I actually think most of the guys I mentioned have talent and could be good, but do you see any of them developing this year? I mean name an offensive skill player you can point to and say, "Man that guy is playing a lot better now than at the start of the year, or than last year".
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AndyLeesAunt


Joined: 21 Feb 2013
Posts: 998
Location: New York
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of us believe Harbs has a big say in the offensive playcalls...

and if so why are we putting the blame on Roman?

Shouldn't the blame reside on Harbs if he has the final say?

But at the same time, I guess there's no way of knowing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 3323
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:


Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 1m
If Stanford's Bob Bowlsby had hired Roman, can presume Shaw would be 49ers' OC right now.


_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group