Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'm officially calling It - Roman Has to GO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On teachers - gotta love em. These days that has to be one of the most thankless jobs in the world.

On changing careers - good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
On teachers - gotta love em. These days that has to be one of the most thankless jobs in the world.

Thanks man.

The teaching climate isn't very good right now, but film/tv is stupid hard to get started in and I don't have enough money to carry myself in and out of jobs after my lease is up. Plus, my mom is a teacher, grew up around it and I think not having to work 80 hours a week would be a welcome change. We'll see. Whatever happens I'll be happy as long as I can spend a sunday watching the 49ers, win or lose.

xsaMainevent on the sig
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Thanks man.

The teaching climate isn't very good right now, but film/tv is stupid hard to get started in and I don't have enough money to carry myself in and out of jobs after my lease is up. Plus, my mom is a teacher, grew up around it and I think not having to work 80 hours a week would be a welcome change. We'll see. Whatever happens I'll be happy as long as I can spend a sunday watching the 49ers, win or lose.

No, instead you deal with the 'entitlement' attitude..from both child and parent. Quite possibly the worst thing for a child to learn is that everything should be given to them with no effort on their part. Been dealing with that for all 15 years of my experience in teaching.

It's tough. The pay is crappy at best. The benefits are nearly non-existant (aside from summers off). Teachers often go unappreciated. But when you see the one child succeed, in part due to your efforts, it makes up for a lot of the shortcomings of this career.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:

No, instead you deal with the 'entitlement' attitude..from both child and parent. Quite possibly the worst thing for a child to learn is that everything should be given to them with no effort on their part. Been dealing with that for all 15 years of my experience in teaching.

It's tough. The pay is crappy at best. The benefits are nearly non-existant (aside from summers off). Teachers often go unappreciated. But when you see the one child succeed, in part due to your efforts, it makes up for a lot of the shortcomings of this career.

Haha, yep.. sounds just like my lovely teacher wife. Everyone thinks teachers just sit behind a desk all day barking out orders and reading chapters to the kids. Then, they think teachers jump into their cars as the bell sounds to enjoy the rest of their day. Nope. It's hours of paperwork, planning hours, phone calls from parents, making tests for the next day. They also don't get paid summers off.. that yearly money just gets stretched out over the summer instead of getting larger payments during the school year.

Oh wait, what thread is this? Oh yes... hey Roman! go kick rocks, yo. Anxious

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: I'm an idiot

xsaMainevent on the sig

Last edited by John232 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
burlow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John it is possible you misunderstood, or maybe I do. The entitlement is from the children and their parents. He is trying to weight the negatives of each occupation off each other.

I think I would greatly enjoy teaching, if the kids there wanted to learn. These days it seems as if they do not want to learn/know what they are allowed to get away with and push things as much as possible.

Thanks y2 for the sig - and it has nothing to do with the trash who wore number 32 (I had to look it up, he will stay unnamed).
John232

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit double post

xsaMainevent on the sig

Last edited by John232 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
John232

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burlow wrote:
John it is possible you misunderstood, or maybe I do. The entitlement is from the children and their parents. He is trying to weight the negatives of each occupation off each other.

I think I would greatly enjoy teaching, if the kids there wanted to learn. These days it seems as if they do not want to learn/know what they are allowed to get away with and push things as much as possible.

Yup. Totalllllllly misread that. Read that "you" as in me, I took it as I'm having to deal with entitlement attitude. Just misread it. Sorry, I was just told by my aunt earlier in the week I was lazy for not wanting to continue working for free for another year so I was already heated.

Anyways my sincerest apologies. Re-reading everything you said chris, I'm 100% in agreement. The amount of stuff my moms put up with is insane.

I feeeeeel like a [inappropriate/removed]

And yeah, I've heard that. My mom basically said that you're not going to reach every student and connect with them, but you still try. One day it will pay off and you'll change someone's life, I can still remember the students name who she felt like she was able to help for the better. For me it was my high school film teacher, gave me a passion and thus a life. I think my passion is slowly changing. We'll see!

xsaMainevent on the sig
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Glad I missed the mis-understanding, John!

No harm done, especially since you deleted it before I saw it. Hmmm...is there something wrong with my communication skills?! Some miscontrued my intent re: Alex and Andy Smith's success in KC as well... Is it me or just the imperfect medium we use to communicate? Confused
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:

No harm done, especially since you deleted it before I saw it. Hmmm...is there something wrong with my communication skills?! Some miscontrued my intent re: Alex and Andy Smith's success in KC as well... Is it me or just the imperfect medium we use to communicate? Confused

most people just don't like you.

Laughing ( <------- oh, and this is supposed to mean I am totally joking.. we adore you! )

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Chrissooner49er wrote:

most people just don't like you.

Laughing ( <------- oh, and this is supposed to mean I am totally joking.. we adore you! )

What?! You can't mean it! NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Razz
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet another week of really bad offense.

Kap is not only not playing well, he's actually playing pretty badly (and aren't the coaches in large part responsible for that). Crabs and Manningham are hurt. Blah, blah blah. I am totally and completely 100% convinced that if Bill Bellichik wrere coaching this team our offense would be much, much more dynamic and productive.

Sadly, that might be true for several other coaches in the league as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roman's been on point the past couple games. If he continues to call great games like this, on a consistent basis, there's no way I want him leaving this team.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Roman's been on point the past couple games. If he continues to call great games like this, on a consistent basis, there's no way I want him leaving this team.

Roman will be leaving the team as he will get a head coaching gig somewhere, but you think our offense slips once he leaves?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

I have the same feeling about that as many here did about watching us go 13-3 with Alex as our QB in 2011. I can't help but think we can do better, and that what we do will not be enough against the best of teams.

I sure hope I'm wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: