Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'm officially calling It - Roman Has to GO
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14406
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: I'm officially calling It - Roman Has to GO Reply with quote

OK, folks. I've talked around this issue last year and this. But I'm just flat out saying it right now. We'll never be everything we can be with Roman as our OC.

I feel the same about him as many of you did about Alex, and frankly I think he's a bigger problem than Alex was. Maybe he's good enough to have taken us to the playoffs a couple of times. But we regularly get outcoached, and it's quite clear. Our game plans suck, we are completely unable to make in-game adjustments, our play calling is questionable, our redzone play calling is even worse than that. He does not use his players' skills to their best advantage and virtually everyone on offense appears to be playing worse than last year. Right now this offense is a complete mess, and it's the OC who nees to be held accountable.

Roman has to go, and the sooner the better. There's still a chance to salvage this season, but we need significant improvement.
_________________


Last edited by big9erfan on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tiger9er08


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 1386
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree, the only reason we've given Roman so much rope is he was light years ahead of Jimmy Raye which isnt saying much. Roman tries to get too cute and out think himself with the play calling. Harbaugh needs to do what his brother did last year and let the OC go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 7183
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not going anywhere, sadly. I just don't think it's going to happen. Obviously he and Harbaugh are tight, and the staff may go the "mitigating circumstances of injuries route". I think it's a pipe dream to believe he's going anywhere at least this season. In fact, it may be even worse than that; last year he was a rising coordinator star up for coaching jobs....if the offense continues to struggle, the luster will come off, and he'll continue to be our coordinator even past this year.
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14406
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
He's not going anywhere, sadly. I just don't think it's going to happen. Obviously he and Harbaugh are tight, and the staff may go the "mitigating circumstances of injuries route". I think it's a pipe dream to believe he's going anywhere at least this season. In fact, it may be even worse than that; last year he was a rising coordinator star up for coaching jobs....if the offense continues to struggle, the luster will come off, and he'll continue to be our coordinator even past this year.


I don't agree with that assessment of him last year. I was left with the impressiion that we were "outcoached" in several games.

I can't imagine the offense not getting better, but if it doesn't he won't last the year - friends with jim or not.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FG21_PW52


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 4319
Location: 831, CA.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS IS NOT FAIR. I WAS GOING TO START THIS THREAD. THE OFFICIAL BANDWAGON. THE "SCREW GREG ROMAN" BANDWAGON. THE "LETS GET ROMAN FIRED" BANDWAGON. I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL HIS UGLY MUG IS GONE. GOD HE SUCKS AT EVERYTHING IN LIFE.
_________________


janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 3103
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime it looked like Kaep and the guys were in a rhythm, we/Roman would call a play that pretty much killed any rhythm we had. Kaep had two good completions to Boldin and Miller, I believe and the next play, we run Gore out of the pistol. For the last time, can we not do that anymore? Defenses are ready for that. We were running all over them when we were running out of an I formation or running gore off counters in the heavy set formation. Today may have been the worse game to ever sit through because We all know that the team is so much better than what we saw today. If we lose Thursday, it maybe a long season because the Texans come rolling in shortly after that.
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 7183
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Forge wrote:
He's not going anywhere, sadly. I just don't think it's going to happen. Obviously he and Harbaugh are tight, and the staff may go the "mitigating circumstances of injuries route". I think it's a pipe dream to believe he's going anywhere at least this season. In fact, it may be even worse than that; last year he was a rising coordinator star up for coaching jobs....if the offense continues to struggle, the luster will come off, and he'll continue to be our coordinator even past this year.


I don't agree with that assessment of him last year. I was left with the impressiion that we were "outcoached" in several games.

I can't imagine the offense not getting better, but if it doesn't he won't last the year - friends with jim or not.


He was on the short list of a couple of coaching jobs I believe, the most notable of which was Jacksonville. The issue, if I can remember correctly, was that we kept winning in the playoffs, and therefore he couldn't interview anywhere and teams just didn't want to wait? I'm not sure if that's the reason or not, but for some reason that is what I remember it to be.
_________________


Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
757-NINER


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 423
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say again, its not Roman's fault. Its JH fault for the whole 'OC by committee' approach. If Roman had sole play-calling responsibilites, I could see your point. But its not like that. JH has veto power over any call so who knows what Roman is calling versus what's the actually called when the ball is snapped. And then there's the fact that Roman is mainly responsible for the running game and Morton/Chryst are responsible for the passing game. How excatly does that work on gamedays? Who has the final say on 3rd down? What if Roman wants to call a run but Morton/Chryst want a pass? Does JH determine what the call will be? Its too much grey area to put it all on one person. As I said before, too many chefs in the kitchen. There has to be a lone voice on offense and vision. I understand we had success going with the status quo but I think its why our offense has too many games like today and struggles mightily. One person as the head honcho on play-calling might eliminate these issues.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14406
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
I will say again, its not Roman's fault. Its JH fault for the whole 'OC by committee' approach. If Roman had sole play-calling responsibilites, I could see your point. But its not like that. JH has veto power over any call so who knows what Roman is calling versus what's the actually called when the ball is snapped. And then there's the fact that Roman is mainly responsible for the running game and Morton/Chryst are responsible for the passing game. How excatly does that work on gamedays? Who has the final say on 3rd down? What if Roman wants to call a run but Morton/Chryst want a pass? Does JH determine what the call will be? Its too much grey area to put it all on one person. As I said before, too many chefs in the kitchen. There has to be a lone voice on offense and vision. I understand we had success going with the status quo but I think its why our offense has too many games like today and struggles mightily. One person as the head honcho on play-calling might eliminate these issues.


You've said this before. Do you have a source? As far as I know Roman is responsible for the game plan and calls all the plays unless possibly overruled by Harbaugh.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 3103
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
I will say again, its not Roman's fault. Its JH fault for the whole 'OC by committee' approach. If Roman had sole play-calling responsibilites, I could see your point. But its not like that. JH has veto power over any call so who knows what Roman is calling versus what's the actually called when the ball is snapped. And then there's the fact that Roman is mainly responsible for the running game and Morton/Chryst are responsible for the passing game. How excatly does that work on gamedays? Who has the final say on 3rd down? What if Roman wants to call a run but Morton/Chryst want a pass? Does JH determine what the call will be? Its too much grey area to put it all on one person. As I said before, too many chefs in the kitchen. There has to be a lone voice on offense and vision. I understand we had success going with the status quo but I think its why our offense has too many games like today and struggles mightily. One person as the head honcho on play-calling might eliminate these issues.


You've said this before. Do you have a source? As far as I know Roman is responsible for the game plan and calls all the plays unless possibly overruled by Harbaugh.


I haven't heard anything about Morton calling plays but from what I can remember, our game winning play against the saints two years ago was a play called by Chryst.
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14406
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I entered the stats correctly Kap's QBR for the past two games is 32!

Gore, Hunter and Dixon have got less than 175 yards between them in three games, and a good portion of that came on only one set of downs (our first drive today).

When you can't run and you can't pass, something is really wrong.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14406
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
757-NINER wrote:
I will say again, its not Roman's fault. Its JH fault for the whole 'OC by committee' approach. If Roman had sole play-calling responsibilites, I could see your point. But its not like that. JH has veto power over any call so who knows what Roman is calling versus what's the actually called when the ball is snapped. And then there's the fact that Roman is mainly responsible for the running game and Morton/Chryst are responsible for the passing game. How excatly does that work on gamedays? Who has the final say on 3rd down? What if Roman wants to call a run but Morton/Chryst want a pass? Does JH determine what the call will be? Its too much grey area to put it all on one person. As I said before, too many chefs in the kitchen. There has to be a lone voice on offense and vision. I understand we had success going with the status quo but I think its why our offense has too many games like today and struggles mightily. One person as the head honcho on play-calling might eliminate these issues.


You've said this before. Do you have a source? As far as I know Roman is responsible for the game plan and calls all the plays unless possibly overruled by Harbaugh.


I haven't heard anything about Morton calling plays but from what I can remember, our game winning play against the saints two years ago was a play called by Chryst.


"Suggested by" as I remember it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pandomonium


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Posts: 2899
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well guys i don't know who's fault it is but the playcalling is definitely the reason we got crushed today.

we were at home against a team who has proven they can't consistently stop the run and a QB who can light it up. the solution is so simple (i know because in the past we would crush teams like this)

YOU RUN THE FREAKING BALL DOWN THEIR THROATS ALL GAME!!!

and play defense.

you 1. dominate the line of scrimmage, force the safeties to move up which opens up the passing lanes.
2. control the clock and keep that talented QB for the other team on the bench and force them to be one dimensional because you have the lead and they have very little time
3. you wear their defense down until they eventually break.
4 your defense gets to rest and come out firing on their next series

I'm pretty sure I'm preaching to the choir here fellas but why is it that alll of a sudden our "great" coaching staff doesn't understand this?

if this BS continues I seriously doubt we will win the division let alone make the playoffs.

just my $49
_________________
Patrick Willis Toilet paper

It's Hard
It's rough
and it doesn take crap off anyone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clarkfn2284


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 3221
Location: Modesto,CA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandomonium wrote:
well guys i don't know who's fault it is but the playcalling is definitely the reason we got crushed today.

we were at home against a team who has proven they can't consistently stop the run and a QB who can light it up. the solution is so simple (i know because in the past we would crush teams like this)

YOU RUN THE FREAKING BALL DOWN THEIR THROATS ALL GAME!!!

and play defense.

you 1. dominate the line of scrimmage, force the safeties to move up which opens up the passing lanes.
2. control the clock and keep that talented QB for the other team on the bench and force them to be one dimensional because you have the lead and they have very little time
3. you wear their defense down until they eventually break.
4 your defense gets to rest and come out firing on their next series

I'm pretty sure I'm preaching to the choir here fellas but why is it that alll of a sudden our "great" coaching staff doesn't understand this?

if this BS continues I seriously doubt we will win the division let alone make the playoffs.

just my $49


Pretty much this. Today we watched a team do to the Niners what the Niners do to other teams.

However, it is fact that Roman isnt the only guy that gets to call plays. Chryst, Roman, Drevno and Harbaugh all make calls and or suggestions with Harbs having the final say. I think its too much and is why they sometimes struggle to get plays in woth ample time on the clock to make reads. Harbaugh needs to have control. I think he struggles with that sometimes.
_________________
NextBigThing wrote:
rice wasn't close to do as good as his stats would lead one to assume


okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big9erfan


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 14406
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now therd are two people here saying roman doesn't call the plays. Where is this coming from? This is the first I've heard of play calling by committee.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group