Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Disgusting. (Venting thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkebones

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From WFAN:

Quote:
Nonsense. For all the changes in culture and clothing and language, people want to succeed, and will follow people who are successful. Coughlin has plenty of respect. He just doesn’t have any talent.

How about the man who built this rancid roster? Maybe Jerry Reese, more than anyone, should shoulder this collapse. Coughlin coaches the players he’s given, and Reese gave them to him. To use Parcells’ culinary metaphor, someone has to buy and cook the groceries. Reese served a rotten broth, and it only adds to the rancid smell wafting from MetLife, which is officially dead.

Just don’t kill Coughlin for it.

reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reese hasnt done a bad job drafting at all, its more bad fortune.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Reese hasnt done a bad job drafting at all, its more bad fortune.

yeah, not sure i'm buying that. outside of Chad Jones what's been the bad fortune exactly?
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=64&f=1867&t=12056143

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for everything Tom but don't let the door hit you on the way out.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/12/17/new-york-giants-tom-coughlin-still-believes-in-kevin-gilbride-and-his-offensive-system/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:

http://www.giants101.com/2013/12/17/new-york-giants-tom-coughlin-still-believes-in-kevin-gilbride-and-his-offensive-system/

yep.

There are ways of being successful without having the right personnel. Its call adaptation or making the offense suitable to the personnel.

Coughlin has to go if Gilbride doesnt.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafting the right people is only half of it. What do you do when your coaches refuse to develop anyone you draft, instead waiting for our old players to turn to dust and put these inexperienced guys out there with no preparation? It's setting yourself up to fail.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who has Eli been attempting to throw to on his interceptions:

RUEBEN RANDLE 8
HAKEEM NICKS 7
VICTOR CRUZ 4
LOUIS MURPHY JR. 2
DAVID WILSON 1
BRANDON MYERS 1
BRANDON JACOBS 1
DA’REL SCOTT 1

http://sulia.com/channel/new-york-giants/f/b51f0763-f552-419b-994c-7bf9f0820d9e/?source=twitter
dkebones

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:

after reading it in its entirety, i'm not sure what this thread has to do with your assertion regarding "bad fortune" as you called it.
reckless123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

after reading it in its entirety, i'm not sure what this thread has to do with your assertion regarding "bad fortune" as you called it.

The point is that, Jerry has not been as bad as people thought. Not every team hits on its day 3 picks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:

So depressing.

Lets hope they all get fired. We need a change and if Coughlin refuses to adapt, then sack him.
dkebones

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
dkebones wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

The point is that, Jerry has not been as bad as people thought. Not every team hits on its day 3 picks.

??? that's not what "bad fortune" has any connotation to. Again, Chad Jones, to me, would qualify for bad fortune (for everyone involved), but i can't pick out any other guy in 6 years that falls in that category.

what you are trying to describe as bad fortune, i would actually argue is called "not being good at your job." the thread you reference doesn't do anything except show some guys opinions about good and bad draft picks since 2007. and only compares that "data" (used in the loosest sense of the word) against one other GM.

i have no problem with you making an argument that JR hasn't been as bad as some claim him to be, but honestly the way you framed it i was expecting some sort of statistical analysis. that's actually why i ended up reading the entire thread you referenced because i kept waiting for that analysis to pop up. Laughing

so to that end, i think its a great conversation re: Reese, but I think we all need a deeper discussion than black and white "this guy is good, this guy is bad" conversation.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantAl wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

So depressing.

Lets hope they all get fired. We need a change and if Coughlin refuses to adapt, then sack him.

X2

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
reckless123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
dkebones wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

??? that's not what "bad fortune" has any connotation to. Again, Chad Jones, to me, would qualify for bad fortune (for everyone involved), but i can't pick out any other guy in 6 years that falls in that category.

what you are trying to describe as bad fortune, i would actually argue is called "not being good at your job." the thread you reference doesn't do anything except show some guys opinions about good and bad draft picks since 2007. and only compares that "data" (used in the loosest sense of the word) against one other GM.

i have no problem with you making an argument that JR hasn't been as bad as some claim him to be, but honestly the way you framed it i was expecting some sort of statistical analysis. that's actually why i ended up reading the entire thread you referenced because i kept waiting for that analysis to pop up. Laughing

so to that end, i think its a great conversation re: Reese, but I think we all need a deeper discussion than black and white "this guy is good, this guy is bad" conversation.

Hes hasnt had as much bad fortune as i thought but he has had other guys who have gotten banged up. Sintim, Austin, Beckum (he wasnt really good anyway but he was starting to show something prior to ACL).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
dkebones wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
dkebones wrote:
reckless123 wrote:

Hes hasnt had as much bad fortune as i thought but he has had other guys who have gotten banged up. Sintim, Austin, Beckum (he wasnt really good anyway but he was starting to show something prior to ACL).

but to pull a point from the thread regarding scouting, you can make an argument that those picks weren't good for other reasons.

Sintim, as much I liked the guy and wanted the pick to work out, never projected to a 4-3 defense. Austin had red flags all over him, so whether the injury was the predominant reason he has busted or its just that he doesn't have the attitude or desire to play football, hard to say, but i'll argue that you better be damn sure about the guy you're picking in the second round when he has that many questions surrounding him. Beckum was equal parts not developed/utilized correctly and equal part couldn't stay healthy to instill any confidence.

to me all these things add up to either bad decisions, or trying to fit square pegs into round holes (eg, Beckum being pass-catching tight end that the offense had no idea how to utilize).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: